No announcement yet.

DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else go today? We had 1 lb ribs, 1 lb brisket heavy bark, 2 original, 2 jalapeƱo sausage, large mac n cheese and a large smores bread pudding. Everything tasted great but the only thing above 135* was the bread pudding. Everything else was barely warm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

We got there when it opened, the ribs were OK (I've had better) The brisket had some nice flavor and was tender. The star of the show was the smoked Prime Rib was very tasty and exceptional for a BBQ place. I should have tried some of the Jap Sausage. The deviled eggs were great.

Over all I give it a 7 of 10 as it was posted it wasn't very hot
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I should of tried the eggs and prime rib but we already orderd a ton of food.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I'm obviously not going to make it. Fucked up my back and can't get out of bed.
          That sucks bro. What happened??

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Anyone else go today? We had 1 lb ribs, 1 lb brisket heavy bark, 2 original, 2 jalapeƱo sausage, large mac n cheese and a large smores bread pudding. Everything tasted great but the only thing above 135* was the bread pudding. Everything else was barely warm.

Yup, meet up with Rick Modena yesterday morning along with my cousin. i ordered up a 1/2 pound of brisket and a 1/2 pound of jalapeno sausage, and three ribs. No sides for me and my cousin grabbed me some sauce which I declined as I prefer to eat my BBQ naked. Ribs were so so, I guess what I was disappointed at was there were not quite as tender as I would prefer and I wish they had more meat on them. The brisket on the other hand was quite tender but I still think Pecan Lodge has a better rub/flavor to them. The jalapeno sausage I ordered on the other hand was pretty good. The casing had a nice snap to them along with a nice flavor and heat.

Overall I would rate them a 7.5-8. Definitely the Q here was better than the Lockhart BBQ I visited in Bishop Arts a couple years back when they opened (although I haven't been back since to try them again). I like the fact they offer a good variety of sides like habanero mac and cheese, compared to other places like Pecan Lodge who didn't even offer potato salad. Oh I thought it was interesting that the butcher was a women, first time I had seen that before.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          We got there when it opened, the ribs were OK (I've had better) The brisket had some nice flavor and was tender. The star of the show was the smoked Prime Rib was very tasty and exceptional for a BBQ place. I should have tried some of the Jap Sausage. The deviled eggs were great.

Over all I give it a 7 of 10 as it was posted it wasn't very hot
          I wish I had order some of the prime rib to. I agree on the ribs and the brisket. The jalapeno sausage was very good though, you should have told me and I would have given you a couple of slices.

Comment

Weekends are tough, but during the week usually isn't so bad... for me, anyways.... and that's depending upon travel schedule...

Comment

anything this weekend?

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                anything this weekend?
                Hopefully next Saturday, every two weeks is what Jose posted. I vote we get a little darker and go that place on I-35 and Laureland in SOC. Smoking Joes I think its called, it used to be a gas station in 1935 or some shit.
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  Weekends are tough, but during the week usually isn't so bad... for me, anyways.... and that's depending upon travel schedule...
                  For most people it's the opposite. I would be up for during the week depending on the timing. I mostly work from home with the exception of Wednesdays where I have to go into the office for meetings. I would probably prefer to keep this to the weekends but majority rules.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  anything this weekend?

god bless.
                  Not this weekend bro, heading to New Mexico so I would be out. Plus BBQ every weekend might be bad for my health Just realized that next weekend is Fourth of July weekend but I'm up for it if someone wants to meet Saturday/Sunday.

Comment

I heard about this the other day, Im going to try and check it out soon.

Jambo, ( Jamie Geer), the pit builder/completion cook that was on BBQ pit masters and is closely associated with Johnny Trigg, has opened a stand between Burleson and Mansfield.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm down for a road trip to Jamie's place for sure, this weekend and next won't work for me.

I'm out this weekend, heading to Port A for 5 days. Going to stop by Luling City Market on the way down. And next if the 4th

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I heard about this the other day, Im going to try and check it out soon.

Jambo, ( Jamie Geer), the pit builder/completion cook that was on BBQ pit masters and is closely associated with Johnny Trigg, has opened a stand between Burleson and Mansfield.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        I'm down for a road trip to Jamie's place for sure, this weekend and next won't work for me.

I'm out this weekend, heading to Port A for 5 days. Going to stop by Luling City Market on the way down. And next if the 4th
                        So do you guys want to try this place out next? Say the weekend of July 12'th?
                        Last edited by Jose; 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          So do you guys want to try this place out next? Say the weekend of July 12'th?
                          Ill make time, it's reasonably close to me.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            Ill make time, it's reasonably close to me.
                            Sounds good to me. Plenty of time to get people interested on this.

Comment

Dayuuuum, I see toasted Texas toast, BB ribs, sausage, pulled pork, smoked bologna and brisket!

Comment

So who's down for Jambo's BBQ Shack this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X