No announcement yet.

DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I talked with Henry earlier and we are talking about being there at 11am when they open. I'm not sure how crowded they get or how soon they sell out but I'm aiming at getting there at least 15-20 minutes before they open at 11am.

Comment

• It's not looking good for me tomorrow, so I doubt Ill be able to make it. 4 cars are coming in that all need to be done and I wont have any help.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I've got a couple of different people coming to my house to buy some old furniture I'm not using any more tomorrow. Trying to find out what time they want to show up..

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I've got a couple of different people coming to my house to buy some old furniture I'm not using any more tomorrow. Trying to find out what time they want to show up..

around 1 p.m. if i dont forget.

Comment

• So me and Henry went to Jambo's yesterday. We showed up right at opening and there were maybe a couple of other people there waiting as well. It's in a small building with two small dining areas inside and a patio with four tables outside. I ordered a two meat plate with brisket and sausage with a side of potato salad and okra and it came with a piece of bread.

So we sat down and they brought the food to us. I gotta say I was disappointed. Disappointed enough I didn't bother taking a pic of my plate or even posting on Facebook Brisket was so so. Couldn't taste any smoke (building didn't even smell like a BBQ joint) and the brisket really didn't have any distinguishing flavor. Sausage wasn't anything to write home about nor were the sides.

There was a good size crowd coming in and out and even a small line formed a few times which for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Maybe there's not much of a variety out in Rendon (it's a little off the beaten path) or the people out there haven't tasted any quality 'Que before but I was really disappointed. I even had to add some of their house sauce to my brisket I think I could have given them a run for their money if I went up against them in a competition (my brisket is not much to brag about but my ribs are pretty damn good).

I'll let Henry posts his opinion. I think we are going to hit up Pecan Lodge next just to try and forget about Jambo's.

Comment

• That sucks, Jose. Can't say I'm surprised. At least the dude knows how to build one hell of a smoker.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I feel about the same as Jose, except I was starvng since I didn't have any food on Friday (I drank my lunch & dinner) so I was pretty hungry when we arrived. The brisket was very dry, the ribs while fell off of the bone, lacked flavor (not much rub). Like Jose, I added their bbq sauce which IMO 'Que shouldn't need, their sausage was OK, fries were hot and the beans were very tasty, but I didn't go there for beans or fries. I can't wait for Pecan Lodge.

So far we have visited on the DFW BBQ Tour:

Slow Bone
                Lockharts (Plano)
                Jambo's
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• i swear by the place off hwy 26 and 820. the two times i have been, meat is jiucy and has been the only meat i have had in my mouth that has smoke flavor.

Comment

• Out of those three the best so far is Slow Bone...
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      I'll let Henry posts his opinion. I think we are going to hit up Pecan Lodge next just to try and forget about Jambo's.
                      Do they have a kids menu? Probie and I might come out
                      2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        That sucks, Jose. Can't say I'm surprised. At least the dude knows how to build one hell of a smoker.
                        Being that the last place I ate BBQ was Colter's last weekend (LOL!) because my sis and bro-in-law didn't want want to spend the money on better quality 'Que, maybe I had to high of expectations. I'm surprised to read on their website that the sausage is made in house, disappointing. Oh well, I won't be going back.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I feel about the same as Jose, except I was starvng since I didn't have any food on Friday (I drank my lunch & dinner) so I was pretty hungry when we arrived. The brisket was very dry, the ribs while fell off of the bone, lacked flavor (not much rub). Like Jose, I added their bbq sauce which IMO 'Que shouldn't need, their sausage was OK, fries were hot and the beans were very tasty, but I didn't go there for beans or fries. I can't wait for Pecan Lodge.

So far we have visited on the DFW BBQ Tour:

Slow Bone
                        Lockharts (Plano)
                        Jambo's
                        Ya besides the flavor, the brisket was dry. And ya I can't wait for Pecan Lodge!

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        i swear by the place off hwy 26 and 820. the two times i have been, meat is jiucy and has been the only meat i have had in my mouth that has smoke flavor.
                        Any idea of the name?

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Out of those three the best so far is Slow Bone...
                        We will definitely need to hit up Slow Bone again. So far my vote is for Lockhart's Plano. I also hit up Lockhart's in Bishop Arts a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty damn good.

My personal vote is still for Pecan Lodge for Brisket. Sausage definitely goes to Lockhart. Rib's are still a toss up for me. I think Lockhart has some good sides, lots of variety. I liked the fact that they had some spicy pickles (at least in the Bishop Arts location, don't remember seeing those in Plano)

Some pics from Lockhart Bishop Arts.

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        Sorry no kid's menu for Pecan Lodge.

Comment

• I was kidding, but thanks for the link lol
                          2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            lol.

Comment

• well, that is disappointing. I was quasi excited to hear what you thought, It looks like I'll be changing offices and it is close enough to the new place to a lunch run.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                well, that is disappointing. I was quasi excited to hear what you thought, It looks like I'll be changing offices and it is close enough to the new place to a lunch run.
                                Let us know what you think if you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X