Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "definitive" Dallas BBQ ranking, by pitmasters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "definitive" Dallas BBQ ranking, by pitmasters...

Wel, I guess that's that...

Pecan lodge should have made #1 and the plano Lockhart I feel is better than the oak cliff one.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
      Pecan lodge should have made #1 and the plano Lockhart I feel is better than the oak cliff one.
      You get that these were ranked by actual pitmasters, yes? Plus, the Plano location may not have been open yet when they were doing the taste testing. That one just opened up recently I believe.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's good for Lockhart since they weren't on the panel:

A special thanks to all our panelists: Justin Fourton (Pecan Lodge), Jack Perkins (Slow Bone), Mike Anderson (Mike Anderson’s!), Billy McDonald (Mac’s), Jordy Jordan (Big D Barbecue), Doug Pickering (The Grill MD), Clarence Cohen (The Baby Back Shak), and Hubert Green (North Main).

Comment

I'm surprised that they included North Main since it's in Tarrant County. Otherwise they seemed to limit it to strictly Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
            That's good for Lockhart since they weren't on the panel:
            Article said Lockhart pitmaster refused to

Only eats his own bbq
            2012 GT500

Comment

No Spring Creek?! It's a sham!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I think it's a good list although some of the places I haven't been to or are familiar with. Just gives me some new places to check out.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I think the honorable mention of Sonny Bryan's wasn't warrantied. And the mention of Smoke wasn't good either as I don't consider it a BBQ joint, it's a restaurant that happens to sell some "smoked" food. I've ate there a couple of times but didn't try their 'Que as, IMO, that's not what they are really known for.

Agreed although I haven't tried Lockhart in some time. I hit them up a couple of times within two or three months after they opened. It was good but wasn't earth shattering IMO.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                You get that these were ranked by actual pitmasters, yes? Plus, the Plano location may not have been open yet when they were doing the taste testing. That one just opened up recently I believe.
                Hmm.. I didn't see that it was ranked by pittmasters but i'm drunk and earlier I was reading it off of my phone.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                I'm surprised that they included North Main since it's in Tarrant County. Otherwise they seemed to limit it to strictly Dallas.
                Me to, besides the fact that it's in Tarrant County. I thought their BBQ was OK but I think it would have ranked lower on the list. Looking at their position, maybe it's spot on seeing it was ranked 12 of Dallas BBQ and it's not even in Dallas County. I would like to do a trip there again just to get others opinion on it. But it wouldn't make my Top 10 list in DFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  No Spring Creek?! It's a sham!
                  No Dickie's or Arby's either!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I've ate at both but I won't admit publicly to liking either

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      Article said Lockhart pitmaster refused to

Only eats his own bbq
                      lol. Will is an interesting guy to hang with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Note that North Main only got 3 points total and was among the last. Also note that North Main was one of the judges...

Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          Note that North Main only got 3 points total and was among the last. Also note that North Main was one of the judges...

Coincidence?
                          lol. i'm curious how they 'won' all those bbq awards. they must be competing in BFE....
                          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I have not tried Lockhart yet so I'll have to make a trip out there sometime but Pecan Lodge is definitely worth making a special run out there one day for anyone who has never been.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              Criminal!

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I've ate at both but I won't admit publicly to liking either
                              Kids eat free at dickies, so I suffer through.

Comment

Working...
                              X