Where to buy Filet Mignon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Filet Mignon?

I am looking to buy a couple of good Filet's to cook on the grill, any ideas on a good place to buy em in Arlington/Irving?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Costco has prime filet. That's where I would go on this side of town. David's would be my first choice, but they are in Garland.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Costco has prime filet. That's where I would go on this side of town. David's would be my first choice, but they are in Garland.
      Thanks!
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Costco FTW! We get most of our steaks and chicken there now. If you get a big enough package of steaks, I would suggest getting some good butcher paper to wrap the others in before freezing, the styrofoam tray and plastic they use will not last long in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Costco FTW! We get most of our steaks and chicken there now. If you get a big enough package of steaks, I would suggest getting some good butcher paper to wrap the others in before freezing, the styrofoam tray and plastic they use will not last long in the freezer.
          You really should invest in a FoodSaver if you're buying in bulk. Vac sealing is the best way to prevent freezer burn, and nothing comes close to giving any product a longer shelf life. Ziploc freezer bags are better than the foam trays with saran, but still fall short.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            This.

but, why would you freeze steak?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              This.

but, why would you freeze steak?
              cheaper in a bulk package. My wife buys them like 5 at a time, and since I'm the only one eating them, it works out. But yeah, butcher paper doesnt work that well.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Food saver ftw

Comment

Costco prime.

Comment

You really should invest in a FoodSaver if you're buying in bulk.
                    Probably one of the best things I've bought for my kitchen. I don't buy in bulk, but when I find a deal on meat it comes in real handy.

Comment

You really should invest in a FoodSaver if you're buying in bulk. Vac sealing is the best way to prevent freezer burn, and nothing comes close to giving any product a longer shelf life. Ziploc freezer bags are better than the foam trays with saran, but still fall short.
                      I bought a 4500 series or something like that for $80 brand new off ebay. We love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        I bought a 4500 series or something like that for $80 brand new off ebay. We love it.
                        I've just got the Mini at home, and it is handy to have, for sure. I'll mix up a marinade, and vac seal the marinade +protein for faster, deeper penetration in to the meat.

I've also got one of these, and two smaller unit in our test kitchen. These are ridiculously bad ass. Every other commercial vac sealer runs off of timers, so you don't get a full vacuum pulled. This unit is driven by sensors, allowing you to pull up to 99% vacuum. It also has a soft air feature for delicate products that you don't want to crush.

Comment

I've seen those food savers at Costco but never thought about getting one. We bought a 1/4 side of beef a while back (at our old house in Hurst) and it all came wrapped in butcher paper. That shit never got freezer burn, and some was probably frozen a year.

I got a decent sized brisket at Costco and had them cut it in half and re-wrap it, and found out the hard way that shit don't even last 4-5 weeks without getting freezer burn!

Comment

Maybe give this place a try? I haven't been there in years but last I remember, avoid any 'specials' they have because they'll toss all the meat they can't sell into the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Finley View Post
                              Maybe give this place a try? I haven't been there in years but last I remember, avoid any 'specials' they have because they'll toss all the meat they can't sell into the package.

http://www.countrymeatsmarket.com/
                              LOL, that's where we got our 1/4 side of beef all those years ago! Walk into a huge fridge and pick a cow, then watch them cut it and help move the packages along into a sack, then shopping cart.

Comment

Working...
                              X