Texas BBQ Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas BBQ Week

Just thought I'd share this with you guys if you hadn't already read it.

Covering local food and drink news in Dallas. We've got comprehensive restaurant and bar reviews with inside scopes from local chefs and bartenders. Our dining guides will help you find the best restaurants, best brunches, best happy hours, and more.
    I build websites. PM me.

Does Ft. Worth not have any places.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      Smoke Pit, Angelos, Risky's (ehhh)
      I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
        Smoke Pit, Angelos, Risky's (ehhh)
        Riskey nnnnope.

there is a place off 820 and hwy 26 next to a QT and a horbor frieght that is reall good.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          Everything to the west of 360 is disgusting, just ask the board. Cousin's looks like the only participant though.

I'm thinking about heading to Miller's in Belton tonight. Family owned/ran and they have tons of Texas beer on draft.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Everything to the west of 360 is disgusting, just ask the board. Cousin's looks like the only participant though.
            Not everything. But Risckey's, Angelo's, and Railhead are pretty bad. I thought the Cooper's was pretty bad in comparison to the original, as well. But that is common for places with multiple locations.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Not everything. But Risckey's, Angelo's, and Railhead are pretty bad. I thought the Cooper's was pretty bad in comparison to the original, as well. But that is common for places with multiple locations.
              Come on Brent, you think everything is crap.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Come on Brent, you think everything is crap.
                Not everything. But the vast majority of restaurants ARE crap.

Comment

BTW, Lockhart in Plano is not participating.

Comment

Not everything. But the vast majority of restaurants ARE crap.
                    excuse me, everything except mi dia.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      excuse me, everything except mi dia.
                      Not even close, but a solid effort on your part.

Comment

Not even close, but a solid effort on your part.
                        Come on now, you cant start knockin mi dia now!

Comment

Had that on the calendar to buy tickets to for almost a month...

Still waiting just a bit longer...

Comment

quick find

After nearly 20 years on Seminary Drive, the Sausage Shoppe will open a new restaurant next week in the Sycamore Village strip shopping center facing McCart Avenue.

Along with the signature beef sausage, the Chambers family will serve barbecue, meatloaf, fried catfish, smoked turkey legs and other soul food entrees, Alandres Chambers said.

The sausage is spiced with distinctive Louisiana seasoning and is like none other in local barbecue restaurants. The family also makes a homemade pork sausage and sometimes, breakfast sausage.

Texas Monthly barbecue editor Daniel Vaughn has described it as a “sausage emporium.”

The new location will be open for lunch and dinner daily, lunch Sundays at 3515 Sycamore School Road, 817-921-9960.

In the same part of the county, also try highly ranked Jambo’s BBQ Shack, 5460 E. Farm Road 1187, Rendon, jambosbbqshack.com; Cousin’s Bar-B-Q, 6262 McCart Ave., cousinsbbq.com; Hickory Stick BBQ, 900 E. Enon Ave., Everman, hickory-stick.com; Longoria’s BBQ, also known for sausage, 100 Christopher Drive, Everman, longoriasbbq.com; and soul food at Ma’dea’s Down Home Cooking, 1019 W. Enon Ave., Everman.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/05...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
                            X