Sous vide steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Haha...got a giggle out of me. You only wish I was a lesbian.

I typically do the salt pepper and garlic, but wasn't sure if there were better options since it'll be vacuum sealed. I also had this truffle butter on top of a steak my aunt cooked the other day and it was amazing.
    Do it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Do it.
      Any advice?

Comment

It's not rocket surgery, just don't fuck it up.

Comment

Easier said then done

Comment

It's pretty easy, season your food how you normally would. Drop it in the sous vide for the set amount of time. Pull it out and sear/grill as needed.

Comment

It is pretty much impossible to fuck up, just be sure and sear it really hot.

Comment

I'm not real sure how you could fuck this up with a proper Sous Vide.
                sigpic

Comment

He's an engineer, he'll figure out a way.

Comment

Messing it up isn't a concern. Just curious if anyone has any good recipes or tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Awww yeah wife got me one for the bday.

Share some recipes if you got any good ones please.
                      So did mine, just opened it last night. My wife rocks.

Comment

One of the things that I did not think about is that it's very hard to get a proper vacuum and seal when working with marinades(due to the liquids being sucked through, thus causing the packaging not to seal properly).
                        You can re-seal to finalize the seal, but then you lose a lot of suction.
                        It seems like the suction is what would help the marinade penetrate the protein better.

I have read about freezing the marinade inside the bag first and then sealing, but seems like a lot of trouble vs. overnight marinating.
                        Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 12-16-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I used a sous vide ziplock bag because my vacuum sealer was packed up. It worked good for a basic steak without a marinade. I also like that it doesn't require stopping the vacuum to heat seal. It's also pretty cheap.

Comment

The vacuum sealer I use has no problem sealing with marinades and seals tight with no leaks and no air left. There is a "Wet" setting on the sealer which doesn't pull as tight of a vacuum as the "Dry" setting.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                              The vacuum sealer I use has no problem sealing with marinades and seals tight with no leaks and no air left. There is a "Wet" setting on the sealer which doesn't pull as tight of a vacuum as the "Dry" setting.
                              Mine does the same, but I want the tight vacuum to force the marinade into the meat meanwhile cutting down the time required for the liquid to penetrate.

Here is the one that I have...
                              [ame]http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-GameSaver-Deluxe-Vacuum-Sealing/dp/B0018ESBVM[/ame]

I did purchase one of these and so far it seems to work very well whenever preparing meat, just cant use it for Sous Vide cooking.

We carry a large selection of Meat Processing Equipment and Products including grinders, sausage stuffers, mixers, dehydrators, saws, smokers and more!

Comment

Originally posted by bradm View Post
                                you're married to a woman?!

Ha!

Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X