Twisted Root or other good burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Off Site Kitchen on Irving Blvd. makes a solid burger that's not too fancy for this place, although it might be a bit on the small size for the needs-two-seats-on-a-737 crowd.
    They're about to or have already closed for a while. Moving to Trinity Groves. Pretty sure it was this week.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Off Site Kitchen on Irving Blvd. makes a solid burger that's not too fancy for this place, although it might be a bit on the small size for the needs-two-seats-on-a-737 crowd.

Adair's does my favorite greasy regular old bar burger, although the quality is entirely dependent upon how hungover the barkeep working the flattop is that day.
      Off Site is damn good. I've eaten outside there on a rainy day.

Comment

• Katy Trail Outpost in Plano makes a pretty decent burger

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          They're about to or have already closed for a while. Moving to Trinity Groves. Pretty sure it was this week.
          No shit? Don't know how I missed that, I eat over there a few times a month. Air conditioned dining will be nice, I guess, but I kind of dug that Irving Blvd. location.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            The Griffs off of military is still pretty good.
            I go to the one in ft. Worth off belknap. Good stuff. Recently found out shreveport has a Griff.

Comment

No shit? Don't know how I missed that, I eat over there a few times a month. Air conditioned dining will be nice, I guess, but I kind of dug that Irving Blvd. location.
              I liked the quirky charm of the old place too, but I certainly understand why they are moving. I don't go there as often as I should. I tend to hit Slow Bone across the street when in the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Katy Trail Outpost in Plano makes a pretty decent burger
                Really?

Plano, huh...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Ye Ole Butcher shop in Plano off of 15th street just to the east of 75. They have a lunch special and Wednesday is the Elk Burger. Get it with bacon and cheese.

Comment

• So I've finally decided I'm not a fan of Fred's any more. Not sure what's going on there but I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and sat in dining area. Had my two beers and ordered a Fredburger with fries, it took half an hour to come out and was cold. I can understand the time delay, it was Saturday night and they were kind of busy but there is no excuse for cold food. Especially in the dining area, not on the crowded patio. This was the original location on 7th/Foch.

I've also joined the Kincaid's bandwagon. I started ordering their Cowtown Burger and it's spectacular. Mayo, grilled jalapenos, grilled onions and pimento cheese. That and it's less than $10 with fries and a drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      Ye Ole Butcher shop in Plano off of 15th street just to the east of 75. They have a lunch special and Wednesday is the Elk Burger. Get it with bacon and cheese.

I haven't been there in years. Need to go back.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      So I've finally decided I'm not a fan of Fred's any more. Not sure what's going on there but I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and sat in dining area. Had my two beers and ordered a Fredburger with fries, it took half an hour to come out and was cold. I can understand the time delay, it was Saturday night and they were kind of busy but there is no excuse for cold food. Especially in the dining area, not on the crowded patio. This was the original location on 7th/Foch.

I've also joined the Kincaid's bandwagon. I started ordering their Cowtown Burger and it's spectacular. Mayo, grilled jalapenos, grilled onions and pimento cheese. That and it's less than $10 with fries and a drink.

That stinks about Fred's. Maybe new kitchen staff, screwing up the flow because they aren't up to speed?

I've never seen the draw to Kincaid's. I've been to several locations, original included, and the burgers have been very below average every time. Just very, very bland IMO. I also hate crinkle cut fries, so that doesn't help.

Comment

• Why is this thread still here? It should just be "I went to Kenny's and had ####, it was awesome!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Why is this thread still here? It should just be "I went to Kenny's and had ####, it was awesome!"
                          This guy gets it...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Kenny can't hold Wingfield's spatula.

Comment

• You have terrible taste, and probably drive a jeep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                                You have terrible taste, and probably drive a jeep.
                                I don't have a Jeep yet, and I've eaten at more Zagat rated and Michelin star restaurants than you have even heard about.

Wingfield makes an honest cheeseburger. Kennys is a fucking hipster heaven where they try and trick you with a bunch of BS. Sometimes a man just wants a fucking cheeseburger or just a fucking steak, but as a hipster I'm sure you and most of the people around here don't fucking get it.

And as far as me having bad taste, you probably haven't even been to Wingfields because they'd turn your kind inside out in the parking lot for giggles.

Comment

Working...
                                X