No announcement yet.

Twisted Root or other good burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twisted root was ok, five guys is better IMO, I need to try some of these other places
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Kenny's fucking rocked. The burgers were great, fries and onion rings were excellent. And the bacon wrapped jalapeƱos were the best I've ever had.

Anyone had their chili?
      I usually get their chili burger. It's good, I mean.... I can make better chili, but it's not bad in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        I usually get their chili burger. It's good, I mean.... I can make better chili, but it's not bad in the least.
        Sweet, I'm going up there for lunch. I'm going to get a bowl of chili and a order of those bacon wrapped Japs...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Welcome to good burger. Home of the good burger.
          may i take your orrrddderrrr?

that'll be 8 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Whiskey cake has a great burger also.

I disagree.

Comment

Braums has some kickass hamburgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I disagree.
                Which one did you get? The basic is the one that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Which one did you get? The basic is the one that I like.
                  He's never been there. He's thinking about whiskey dick. He has that all the time.

Comment

He probably got the omg or whatever it is, that one isn't nearly as good.

Comment

Just had a grassfed beef burger from hop doddy in Addison. It was fuckin good
                      2012 GT500

Comment

I liked twisted root about 5 years ago when the original opened. Since then, downhill. Kenny's, sure it's pretty good but it's too crowded, too slow and too full of hipsters.

Also I find the entire gourmet burger thing irritating. Who are you trying to fool? Give me great meat, a great bun and great cheese with fresh toppings. Save the foi gras for the idiots that think duck liver is something amazing.

I am a burger connoisseur of sorts. The grape still has the best burger in the state. Luke in San Antonio is also damn good. For Dallas, Goodfriend bar has a great selection of burgers and beer. I really want to like Hopdoddy and Liberty Burger because the burgers are good but the clientelle, service method (waiting forever) and the hipsters make the atmosphere suck.

Now if I want a good quick burger no frills, no BS just a burger: In Dallas: Wingfields, Kellers, Maple and Motor, or JGs depending on which one I'm closest too. If I'm wandering the state a bit, Whataburger beats most places fancy burgers all to hell anyway. Even Chef Tim Love agrees with this.

Texas is the land of the blessed burger. Enjoy. I like Kenny's and Twisted Root okay, but there are quicker choices and better choices if you want to spend gourmet burger money. Oh I also need to give a shout out to Nova and chef Kelly Hightower. That mofo can make a mad gourmet burger too. His menus change often but his brisket stuffed burger was freakin' incredible. The wife and I need to chase him down at his new restaurant.

If you are in Ft. Worth Tim Love's burger place on the square it okay, but his onion strings are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I'm not sure of other locations, but if you're in the North Arlington 360 area, Simply Burgers is fucking fantastic.
                          True Dat,

back in the day, they were located in the shopping center of Ascension and Brown Blvd., great price, great food.

That was when I would wake up the Talisman by laying on the overly loud horn of a BMW parked next to the fence of his North Arlington mansion, known as The Cluster's of Arlington.
                          sigpic
                          "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                          through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                          We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                          my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Griff's.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              I liked twisted root about 5 years ago when the original opened. Since then, downhill. Kenny's, sure it's pretty good but it's too crowded, too slow and too full of hipsters.

Also I find the entire gourmet burger thing irritating. Who are you trying to fool? Give me great meat, a great bun and great cheese with fresh toppings. Save the foi gras for the idiots that think duck liver is something amazing.

I am a burger connoisseur of sorts. The grape still has the best burger in the state. Luke in San Antonio is also damn good. For Dallas, Goodfriend bar has a great selection of burgers and beer. I really want to like Hopdoddy and Liberty Burger because the burgers are good but the clientelle, service method (waiting forever) and the hipsters make the atmosphere suck.

Now if I want a good quick burger no frills, no BS just a burger: In Dallas: Wingfields, Kellers, Maple and Motor, or JGs depending on which one I'm closest too. If I'm wandering the state a bit, Whataburger beats most places fancy burgers all to hell anyway. Even Chef Tim Love agrees with this.

Texas is the land of the blessed burger. Enjoy. I like Kenny's and Twisted Root okay, but there are quicker choices and better choices if you want to spend gourmet burger money. Oh I also need to give a shout out to Nova and chef Kelly Hightower. That mofo can make a mad gourmet burger too. His menus change often but his brisket stuffed burger was freakin' incredible. The wife and I need to chase him down at his new restaurant.

If you are in Ft. Worth Tim Love's burger place on the square it okay, but his onion strings are incredible.
                              "I know you asked a question about good burgers in Allen/N Plano, and I'm gonna let you finish... but here's my take on burgers that no one asked about, that has nothing to do with your original question..."

Comment

For us down south , there is a new burger place in Burleson called Renfro station.Well worth the drive ..

Comment

Working...
                                X