No announcement yet.

Gino's East is open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free sucker punches if you refuse to pay your bill?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I went a few weeks ago for lunch. Not impressed. Freezer burnt crust, cold in the center and the service was slow and inattentive. I'll stick with the New Yorker a few blocks away.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
        I went a few weeks ago for lunch. Not impressed. Freezer burnt crust, cold in the center and the service was slow and inattentive. I'll stick with the New Yorker a few blocks away.
        We had no issues with our crust or cold pizza. In fact it was almost too hot and the cheese was incredibly gooey. I can see it being a kind of difficult place to wait tables with the long wait for the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          We had no issues with our crust or cold pizza. In fact it was almost too hot and the cheese was incredibly gooey. I can see it being a kind of difficult place to wait tables with the long wait for the pizza.
          It's a fucking pain in the dick. Especially if you serve things other than pizza. Groups come in and order pizza as an appetizer.

"Sir, it's going to take about 20 minutes on that pizza, are you sure you want that as your appetizer? We have quite a few appetizers to choose from that will come out considerably faster."

"Yes, we're sure. We want the pizza as an appetizer."

"No problem, we'll have that out in about 20 minutes. Would you like anything else while you wait?"

"Nah, we're good."

<brings out pizza, 18 minutes later>

"What the fuck took you so long? It's been 20 minutes since we ordered the appetizer! I'd like to speak to a manager."
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Went here for lunch today. Took about 45 mins for a deep dish. It was pretty damned good. Would go back.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              It's a fucking pain in the dick. Especially if you serve things other than pizza. Groups come in and order pizza as an appetizer.

"Sir, it's going to take about 20 minutes on that pizza, are you sure you want that as your appetizer? We have quite a few appetizers to choose from that will come out considerably faster."

"Yes, we're sure. We want the pizza as an appetizer."

"No problem, we'll have that out in about 20 minutes. Would you like anything else while you wait?"

"Nah, we're good."

<brings out pizza, 18 minutes later>

"What the fuck took you so long? It's been 20 minutes since we ordered the appetizer! I'd like to speak to a manager."
              you speaking in tounge.

Comment

After going to Chicago 2 weeks back and eating Lou's and Gino's it's safe to say Lou's classic is the best pizza so far in my life.

Why the hell does Gino's use so much cornmeal in their dough? It makes the crust flake like a pastry and brittle. Gross. Their sauce was too sweet for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                  After going to Chicago 2 weeks back and eating Lou's and Gino's it's safe to say Lou's classic is the best pizza so far in my life.

Why the hell does Gino's use so much cornmeal in their dough? It makes the crust flake like a pastry and brittle. Gross. Their sauce was too sweet for me too.
                  Lou's is the shit! A friend went to Gino's in Chicago on a recent trip, and several of us urged him to hit Lou's while there. He barely squeezed it in, but was thankful. Gino's left him disappointed.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Gino's Chicago is the one with all the writing and drawings all over the walls? We hit one of them 10 years ago and I believe it was Gino's.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Lou's is the shit! A friend went to Gino's in Chicago on a recent trip, and several of us urged him to hit Lou's while there. He barely squeezed it in, but was thankful. Gino's left him disappointed.
                      I jinxed myself posting that... Work sent me back up here for the week. Uno's is on my list of places to hit. Have you ever been to the Greektown area up here? I have a hard time believing that Afrah in Richardson can be removed from their throne. Apparently Lou's also ships out frozen pizzas.

Anyone looking for the best pie:
                      Lou Malnatis Classic Deepdish doesn't fuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Gino's Chicago is the one with all the writing and drawings all over the walls? We hit one of them 10 years ago and I believe it was Gino's.
                        You mean Shenanigans?

Rivernorth Gino's wall's are scribbled to hell. Their upstairs comedy club was a good time despite the crust issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X