School me on Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on Grills

So, it is time to upgrade my grill. I am just about done with our new patio and I am planning a grill station off of the back of it. There will be a granite top for a prep station beside the grill. I don't need massive, and I don't need top of the line. I want to stay away from a built in unit if at all possible. I definitely want to stay under $1000 and would prefer closer to $500. What are must have features?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

IR burners are pretty awesome.

Comment

If you've got natural gas at the house, I would look into one that has the conversion available and have a line plumbed to the location. No more bottles!

Comment

You can pick up a decent weber for around $ 500-600
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
          You can pick up a decent weber for around $ 500-600
          I have been eying a weber genesis. The 300 series I think. They go for $699 typically

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            I have been eying a weber genesis. The 300 series I think. They go for $699 typically

I have that grill. Works great. Bought one for the in laws too. We had the non stainless model in ng at our last house.
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              I have that grill. Works great. Bought one for the in laws too. We had the non stainless model in ng at our last house.
              Thanks for the feedback. How did the finish hold up on the non stainless?

Comment

BGE / thread
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. How did the finish hold up on the non stainless?

It did great. It was the black enamel.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

A custom firepit with lid would fit in whatever area you want the best. I'm sure it can be had for under a grand.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I really like my Charbroil brand tru infrared. Cooks everything very well, no more flame ups from grease. I throw some mesquite wood chips in the pan and get a nice smokey flavor....
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I shopped around and found a natural gas conversion with a separate sear burner and love it. Converting the grill was a huge pain but never having to swap tanks is glorious.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Good sir. I have the large an they sell a XL. I regularly cook for 8 plus folks. There is no comparison in flavor between these and a propane grill. Also they are very versatile. You can smoke with them, sear, bake, grill, whatever. One load of charcoal will cook 16 hours on low. They have every accessory in the world and have like a 30 year or lifetime warranty. People bitch about price but a couple of good stainless grills would set you back the same over the years easily. I don't even use my double rack when I cook for 8. I cook the well done steaks first, then the medium and medium rare next. I can get six of the Costco steaks on there and that will feed 12 people. Takes 6 minutes a side at 500 plus degrees on a one inch steak. After you use wood chips a couple of times the flavor stays with it also. Some how they retain the moisture in the meat even if you over cook it a little. I keep the bottom full of charcoal, and just top it off every time I cook. Once you close the top and bottom it kills off the charcoal and you just re light it next time.

The other grill just sat there and rusted out until I threw it away. It was a super nice one from Academy.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Napoleon here, I love it, its stainless steel everywhere except the inner cabinet storage doors and half the price of AOG...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's a tiny pool, Jason.

Comment

Working...
                              X