Speciality Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speciality Burgers

Sorry, couldn't really think of what to call this thread. There is a Mexican Meat Market I sometimes go to and I tried some fajita burgers they were selling one time, really good stuff and it was something a little different. Anyway I thought about buying some for a cookout I'm having this weekend and I went by there and they only make them to order now and they are sold out for the weekend. I don't have a meat grinder so I can't easily make it myself.

Any ideas where I can buy something like this ready made? I could probably make some chorizo burgers but I had already promised my family that's coming over some fajita burgers.

Dude just take this and put it on a bun?

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Maybe I'm not describing this good enough but it's ground beef and marinated fajita meat ground together into burger patties.

Comment

That sounds pretty good. Somebody do it and post it up so I can see it!
        WH

Comment

Doesnt some burger place make patties out of steak?

Comment

I would never eat uh fajita burger.
            maybe that one time when i made burger and didn't have buns so I used tortillas instead.

Comment

Maybe itll work if you just get the ground beef and season it with fajita seasoning...then stuff the burgers all fancy like. Ive never had a fajita burger but ive had some odd burgers done that way

Comment

You can get a manual hand grinder for fairly cheap from bass pro. I've never seen this type of meat at any of the Mexican meat markets I go to.

Sounds pretty tasty. I've also had 50/50 hamburger and bacon patties. Pretty freaking good, but it gets old quick. It's just too rich to eat a lot of.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  Doesnt some burger place make patties out of steak?
                  Ya quite a few places do.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  I would never eat uh fajita burger.
                  maybe that one time when i made burger and didn't have buns so I used tortillas instead.
                  Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Maybe itll work if you just get the ground beef and season it with fajita seasoning...then stuff the burgers all fancy like. Ive never had a fajita burger but ive had some odd burgers done that way
                  You guys aren't getting it.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  You can get a manual hand grinder for fairly cheap from bass pro. I've never seen this type of meat at any of the Mexican meat markets I go to.

Sounds pretty tasty. I've also had 50/50 hamburger and bacon patties. Pretty freaking good, but it gets old quick. It's just too rich to eat a lot of.
                  You obviously get it and that's a good idea. Bass Pro is a little far from me but Ace Mart is a little closer. Either way, this looks like what I'm going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Ya quite a few places do.

You guys aren't getting it.

You obviously get it and that's a good idea. Bass Pro is a little far from me but Ace Mart is a little closer. Either way, this looks like what I'm going to do.

Where do you live? I work across the street from bass pro and will be in south irving later today around 1830. I'm not sure if that's too late / far for you.

Comment

Jose, any meat market will grind it for you on the spot. If they don't, they are lazy

Just tell them you want 1 pound of marinad and 1 pound of chorizo ground together. Hell get gangsta and have them grind 1 pound of tablitas sans bones to the mix.

Then make your own patties

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        Jose, any meat market will grind it for you on the spot. If they don't, they are lazy

Just tell them you want 1 pound of marinad and 1 pound of chorizo ground together. Hell get gangsta and have them grind 1 pound of tablitas sans bones to the mix.

Just fajita and tablitas ground together sounds awesome.

I might have to try this shit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Where do you live? I work across the street from bass pro and will be in south irving later today around 1830. I'm not sure if that's too late / far for you.
                          Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I tried to hit up Ace Mart yesterday but didn't realize they closed at 2pm so I wasn't going to make it. So I went up to Bass Pro instead and it was pretty crowded. I couldn't find the hand crank grinder (cheaper one) so I decided if I'm going to spend the kind of money they were asking for the cheapest grinder I might as well get the one I want. So no meat grinding for burgers this week. But I appreciate the offer. Thanks!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

Man I went to my local Michocana and either something got lost in the translation or they were lazy and didn't want to do it. Either way, I'm making chorizo burgers today and see how that goes.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Comment

Just throw some A1 on it, it's not chopped ham you're eating!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I'm making chorizo burgers today and see how that goes.
                              How did this turn out? Did you do like a 50/50 mix with ground beef?

Comment

Working...
                              X