Bob's - Grapevine the Location to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    I'm not uppity in the least, but I've yet to find a better overall experience than Del Friscos Fort Worth.
    Ahh. I went to the one in Dallas. It was when Jeff proposed to Katy.

Comment

Ftw>dal
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I like the fact that while Bob's is a "higher end" steak house, I can show up in shorts and a fishing shirt, and no one bats an eye

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I like the fact that while Bob's is a "higher end" steak house, I can show up in shorts and a fishing shirt, and no one bats an eye
          Exactly.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            I liked Bob's better than Del Friscos.
            Same here..

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            That too!

I have only had one 'negative' experience at Bob's in Grapevine, and I think it was just an off-night for them. Steak wasn't cooked right, some of the sides we normally like were meh, drinks were shitty.. We let them know and they gave us a $100 gift card for our next visit. I have been 3-4 times since that and did not see a repeat.

It's our favorite, and our go-to steakhouse. We haven't been there a ton, but at least 10 times or so.

Comment

My last trip to Bob's in Grapevine was good, the 3 trips prior were not that great, I always get Filet BTW, perhaps it's my choice of cut, Del Friscos has been excellent every single time.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                My last trip to Bob's in Grapevine was good, the 3 trips prior were not that great, I always get Filet BTW, perhaps it's my choice of cut, Del Friscos has been excellent every single time.
                Full disclosure, I always get the bone-in ribeye. Either the Tamahawk or Cote de Boeuf..

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Ahh. I went to the one in Dallas. It was when Jeff proposed to Katy.

For some reason I thought that was at the one in Fort Worth in the cellar. I may be confusing it for the rehearsal dinner. Anyways, birthdays, anniversaries or couples night out, DFFW is always our first pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                    For some reason I thought that was at the one in Fort Worth in the cellar. I may be confusing it for the rehearsal dinner. Anyways, birthdays, anniversaries or couples night out, DFFW is always our first pick.
                    It was in the cellar. Maybe I'm confusing the locations. It's been a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Full disclosure, I always get the bone-in ribeye. Either the Tamahawk or Cote de Boeuf..
                      Tomahawk. And every bit of that.

When they have it, the bone in filet is fanfuckingtastic but I'm a ribeye guy. They don't always have it though. Usually a 9, 12, and 15 oz when they do. If you get the bone in, go with the 12 or 15. They both cook so much better than the small one.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I love Bob's in Grapevine. I've been several times, and only had one experience that wasn't excellent, due to my filet being overcooked. It wasn't bad enough for me to send it back, and it hasn't happened again, so it will always be my go-to steak place when I'm in Texas. We typically both get the big (16 oz) prime filets, and I've not seen anything close to that size offered at any of the other places mentioned. Our go-to appetizers are the crab cakes and smoked salmon, and I'm a sucker for the beefsteak tomato salad. They pour the wine tall and the liquor stout. The smoking lounge is a treat.

Comment

Working...
                        X