No announcement yet.

Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coconut cream pie is my #1 favorite. I attempted making cheesecakes, and i do a good damn job. People at work are always asking me to make them one.

Comment

Blackberry cobbler... mmmmmm.......

I love sweets, although I cant do too much chocolate, but I must agree with UserX - the chocolate cake at Trulucks is the best EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
        Coconut cream pie is my #1 favorite. I attempted making cheesecakes, and i do a good damn job. People at work are always asking me to make them one.
        My wife made a coconut creme pie yesterday and I ate a quarter of it. She makes her crust from scratch.

Comment

I had a badass homemade chocolate fried pie and vanilla custard at Monument Cafe in Georgetown this past week- it was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            I have a sweet tooth like no other and love a good dessert.

My all time favorite restaurant dessert is the chocolate cake from Trulucks. Holy fucking shit is it good. Normally this much chocolate is too sweet and too rich, I don't know what they do, but it's fucking bliss.

And for at home, my fav has to be whoopie pies. It's an old PA Dutch recipe. My Mom makes them for me for holidays and whatnot, I can put a hurting on these things.

What does everyone else dig on?

damn, those whoopie pies look good. any way you can hijack the recipe from your mom and share with the class??
            "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
              damn, those whoopie pies look good. any way you can hijack the recipe from your mom and share with the class??
              Sure thing man, they rock, you should try em.

I think this is her recipe. She's in Barbados right now so I can't ask. When she returns I'll ask her and post back.

Comment

Damn it, I was bumping this thread so Brent could give me some magical cake recipe. My bday is coming up and I was going to go with something new. Any ideas folks?

Comment

Go to Trulucks, get a slice of chocolate and a slice of carrot. You can thank me later.

Comment

I like to hit the corner bakery for a pecan bar once or twice a month, and I always get chipper cookies if I see a Paradise bakery. Ice cream is my main stay at the casa which I always keep in stock. During the holidays I enjoy a good dutch apple pie or italian cream cake. In the summer it's bread pudding or key lime pie.

Comment

Key Lime Pie
                      Bread Budding with Devon Custard
                      Creme Brulee
                      Dulche de Leche
                      Vanilla or Coconut Ice Cream

Comment

S'mores Cheesecake

Chocolate Creme Brulee is the bomb too!

pics on my facebook: Sweet Accessories

I’m too slow for the fast cars and too fast for the slow cars.

Comment

Working...
                        X