Tuesday N. Ft. Worth GTG options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
    Thats the Fossil Creek area of N FTW. Like north of 820, up to my area of N FTW/Keller. North of 76137 is 76244.

I never said Sonic. Hell Jeff, Bryan, and I ate at Tangs a few weeks back. Nice place. But, like Helo said. I havent been to Redneck so my vote is out. yall choose. Ill try to make it where ever but my days off are busy and filled with personal stuff...
    That wasn't specifically directed at you. Just trying to keep the inevitable thread-bombers out. Hell, I even would like to keep it in the area as an effort to get your hen-pecked ass out of the house. (Yes, I am kidding...a little).

Just for the record, on Tuesdays...
    Overtime has $2 you-call-it drinks
    Flips (Great burgers, btw) has $3 Tito’s, $5 Tito’s and Red Bull, $2.50 drafts
    Dublin Square has $2 wells and $2 domestic drafts.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

anyways, i kinda agree with everyone redneck heaven food taste like shit.

Comment

Easy, Steve might read that. Go on a tangent! Sorry steve! I called it before we even moved that way. I vote for Flips only because I know they have awesome burgers. Drinking away from home isnt my thing so the drink deals dont mean anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
          not voting for overtime cause Bryan wont come soo........
          Oooh, somebody has a man crush!

For the folks that may not have been to some of these locations:

I actually don't think it will be bad at Overtime since we get there and leave relatively early. Most of the problem children are there late, so we don't have to bring a blade I would actually rather go there than Dublin Square. I haven't been there as a patron in a few years, but like someone else said, there are quite a few pool tables there and other activities, as well. It is smoking, but not too bad from what I remember.

Dublin Square is smoking as well, girls in skirts and low-cut shirts mostly, it's the smallest location, 2 pool tables that stay busy and a few arcade games. It stays pretty smoky from my experiences there. Now that Flip's went in 2 doors down, it's pretty much all regulars there. Mostly bar food on a limited menu.

Flip's is the biggest location, just slightly larger seating areas than RH, but with probably 8-10 pool tables in the back also. It is non-smoking, except outside on the patio. Their patio is slightly larger than RH also, I believe. Flip's has 2 bars, so even if it were a game night or something, there would still be up to 4 bartenders. They actually have one more bar in the kitchen that they use if it's something really crazy like the world series or nba finals last year. They have quite a few big screens playing sports at all times. Most of the bartenders are guys, but all of the servers are women (from what I've seen). Their parking lot is mediocre for the amount of seats, but you can park next door when the businesses close shop, or on the street if you wish. Parking shouldn't be an issue at 7pm. The only drawback to this location is group seating, but it should be doable. The "upstairs" section is mostly booths for 4, with a round bar, and two long, standalone "bar tops"/food and drink surfaces with stools that are part of the waitresses area. The downstairs is a round bar, booths along most of the walls and some "hightop tables." They offer a full menu, and the food is pretty good for a chain.

And Redneck Heaven. I haven't had the parking problems, and the Laredo Shrimp Scott recommended were really good, but I do agree the service has been horrible the last two times I was there with y'all.

Comment

And I'll say it before anyone else gets a chance

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
              Oooh, somebody has a man crush!

lol i just knew you had already said you didn't like that place......

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                Easy, Steve might read that. Go on a tangent! Sorry steve! I called it before we even moved that way. I vote for Flips only because I know they have awesome burgers. Drinking away from home isnt my thing so the drink deals dont mean anything to me.
                tanner stfu. youve been crying since we left sonic because you dont wanna have to go any further than your huffy will take you. half the time you never came to sonic.

i set up the gtg at redneck so we would have a place to enjoy some heat inside during the winter that was close to 35/820 and easy access and a nice porch in the spring to ejoy the weather. but all you guys wanna do is play grass is greener on the other side.

count me out, im gunna stay home and eat worms.

Comment

lol, Steve...

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                    lol i just knew you had already said you didn't like that place......
                    Eh, like I said earlier, it probably won't be bad at all due to it being "early" when we go. I'd definitely still go unless it got too sketchy. Honestly, I'm not even going to vote on a location since I know I'm out every third Tuesday, AT LEAST. I feel like you other guys should have more of a say since y'all make it more often, especially after you drive from freaking Mansfield. I would prefer any other location over Dublin, but I'll go wherever y'all vote for.

Comment

Idc, Where we go either. Only thing i hate is that its on Tuesdays.

Comment

Ok, I went with Flips. No offense to Steve.

I think it appeals to a broader group, and it has more room. I think if we continue to have large groups, Flips will be a better place. If we keep the numbers up, I bet the managment would make us some deals over there.

Comment

I don't give a FUCK. Bunch of pussies up in this BIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTCCCHHH!!! I've been getting sent out of town on business for the past few weeks and doesn't look like its going to be dieing down anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                            tanner stfu. youve been crying since we left sonic because you dont wanna have to go any further than your huffy will take you. half the time you never came to sonic.

i set up the gtg at redneck so we would have a place to enjoy some heat inside during the winter that was close to 35/820 and easy access and a nice porch in the spring to ejoy the weather. but all you guys wanna do is play grass is greener on the other side.

count me out, im gunna stay home and eat worms.
                            QQ goin on in her! I was at quite a few Sonic gtg mister. You never showed kind sir. On a side note, I did not want to goto RNH partly due to junior being born the same time we switched locations, and I dont wanna drive all the way down yonder for iffy food, shitty parking, and a mess of an intersection. Im down for a GTG location that is good food, off a not so conjested highway, and nicesports bar like enviroment.

BTW Steve, picked up a clean 302 lastnight. Actually by buddy dropped if off and laura paid him since I was at work. My old 302 from my 87 coupe I had in High School. 80k original miles, tight bottom end, e cam, gt40 (not P's) heads with a valve job, new water pump, new oil pan wih gaskets, and double roller timing. So, If I get this Capri (or any cheaper fox that might need a lively motor), Ill ahve a clean non leaking motor with some added grunt! Gunna keep it carbed. Use that Edelbrock 1406 on it with a decent intake. Pimptastic!

Comment

Sell me the motor, Tanner You can't put it in a bike...

Comment

flips

Comment

Working...
                                X