• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS Owners Get Together

Come one, Come all

The First Official All BOSS Mustang Round-up

Saturday, March 3rd 2012 at 12 noon until 3:00 PM

All model years (Past and Present) are welcome to join up for possibly the largest gathering of BOSS Mustangs in the DFW area.

This will be a family friendly atmosphere, family and friends are welcome to come and enjoy the event.

The Dixie House Café has been gracious enough to host our event and provide us with a private meeting room, as well as an abundance of dedicated parking which will be coned off for our gathering.

The Dixie House Café is located in the Mid-Cities area of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Dixie House Café
    is located at
    2051 Airport Freeway Euless, Texas
    817-354-5900

Map Link
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dixie+...Texas&t=m&z=11

The Dixie House Café has a wide variety of food choices and daily specials at very reasonable prices. You can view their partial menu by visiting their website at http://dixiehousecafe.com/
    * 20% Gratuity will be added all to parties of 8 or more, if paying separate, 20% will be added to each ticket.

The itinerary is as follows:

11:30 Parking lot and meeting room setup
    12:00 Arrival and socializing
    12:30 Lunch
    2:00 Discussion
    • BOSS only Track Day
    • Future BOSS GTG
    • Road Trip and/or Road Rally
    • BOSS Owner Association/Club
    • Open Discussion
    2:30 Return to parking lot parking for photo op
    Times are approximate

BOSS owners and their guest will be gathering in a private meeting room. Due to the limited space all other auto enthusiasts are welcome to enjoy lunch in the main restaurant.

BOSS owners please RSVP no later than Sunday 02/26/12 with the total number of guests, as we want to ensure that we have enough available seating and restaurant staffing to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Send your RSVP to MrGT5oh@yahoo.com and reference your name and BOSS serial number. If you have an older BOSS please reference your full name and model year.

For those of you that will be coming out of town you may wish to consider making overnight accommodations at the one of the following hotels which is within a one mile radius.

Holiday Inn
    3005 Airport Freeway
    Bedford, TX 76021
    817-684-6300

La Quinta Inn & Suites
    DFW Airport West
    1809 Highway 121
    Bedford, TX
    817-311-8105

Americas Best Value Inn
    2501 West Airport Freeway
    Bedford, TX 76021
    817-358-4585

Homewood Suites by Hilton
    2401 Airport Freeway
    Bedford, Texas, 76021
    817-283-5006
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Maybe
    0%
    1991 Mustang GT - 127,000 miles, original owner
    1996 Mustang GT - 84,000 miles, all original but 3.90 gears
    2012 BOSS Laguna Seca #493

sigpic

First off I want to thank everyone for coming out to the First BOSS Mustang Round-Up. It was wonderful seeing all those BOSS’s in one place and meeting everyone. I had a great time!

I want to give a special “Thank You” to those of you who came in from out of the DFW area. I really appreciate you making the trip to join us.

We had a total of 26 BOSS’s show up and over 50 people in attendance. For those of you who stayed we had a BOSS S race car come by. Mark’s BOSS S has to be trailered and yet he was nice enough to bring it to the GTG and offload it and show it to us.

During our meeting we had some discussions of future events. It looks like there is enough support to have another GTG and go to a track day as a group as well as possibly having a regional GTG in San Antonio and Houston. We will continue to look into having an all BOSS track day or teaming with another group like possibly The Shelby club for a private day at the track.

Also at the meeting we handed out some door prizes. Congratulations to those of you who won. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the names of the winners so if you won a prize and want to chime in with your name and prize that would be great.

A special thanks to Travis and Matt of Gear Heads Automotive and Performance in Arlington for donating some t-shirts and a dynamometer session. I would also like to thank Henry Rasmussen of Henry’s T-Shirts for donating the BOSS t-shirts. You can reach Gear Heads Performance at 817-465-4327 and Henry’s T-Shirts at 972-235-1169 or 214-280-9056 (cell). You can also reach Henry via email at hmrasmussen35@hotmail.com or hrasmu3059@aol.com.

My apologizes for not being able to spend more time getting to know each of you, but I hope at future events I can get to know everyone a little better.

I hope that everyone had a good time. I’m looking forward to seeing each of you again in the future.

Robert

sigpic

Comment

Pics?

And what is a Boss S?
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Pics?

And what is a Boss S?
        A BOSS S and BOSS R are track specific built car by Ford for particle classes. It is along the lines of the Cobra Jet that Ford started building a couple years ago for Stock and Super Stock classes in drag racing.

Here is a link to some of the pics.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

The last couple of pictures are of a corvette GTG that was down the road so the photographer stopped in.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X