anyone ever gone to south by southwest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
    I'm thinking about going this year, since I have a friend moving to Austin Mar 1st - but I haven't heard of a single one of the bands they've posted so far. I am going to have to you tube what they're calling headliners to see if it's worth the trip...
    Usually 90% of it is shit bands not worth seeing.

Comment

I went through all of them, like 200+ anounced artists and I've only heard of one----Talib Kweli (Brooklyn NY).

Ded

Comment

It's great if you want to stand in the middle of a crowd for three days straight smelling BO and listening to crappy folk music being played a half mile away.

It's one of those things that has gotten too big for its own good. But if you're young and you're into that shit, have at it.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
          I went through all of them, like 200+ anounced artists and I've only heard of one----Talib Kweli (Brooklyn NY).

http://sxsw.com/music/shows/bands
          Needs moar wub wub for you?

Comment

If you don't already have a hotel reserved or a place to stay set up, you're screwed.
            I went for 2 days last year and had a blast. I saw 9 bands in those 2 days and the worst one I saw wasn't awful, just "meh".
            As already said, plan ahead. Decide who you want to see and make plans to walk everywhere.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Brittany can stay with me. heh heh heh...
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I live in Austin and I may go for a day or two this year. Everyone I've talked to locally says it's a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  I got something you can go south on
                  2" pecker?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                    2" pecker?
                    Does the size of my dick interest you, faggot?

Comment

Working...
                    X