Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    LOL the all knowing Denny knows it all. Your right it doesn't happend everyday it happends every 2 hours. Statistics show a train will hit a car, truck, 18wheeler, person, or what ever you want to call it somewhere in the United States every 2hours.
    Next time you are hauling a box car full of Speak N Spells please break in and steal one for the sake of us all. This thread can be printed out and will be admissable to any court in the land as a defense to prosecution.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

LOL at anyone that believes what walmart offers is actually considered benefits. That's whats wrong with the american public. They think they have health insurance and it's a joke. Any time I hear someone claim they have health insurance only to tell me that they pay $1,200 a month for a family of four and have 5k deductibles it's pathetic.

They are fed shit and made to believe it's Filet Mignon.
      I pay 40 bucks a quarter for my entire family, 3 bucks for prescriptions and ....No Union. You want to talk about a job that is hazardous? EOD and Infantry. Why aren't we paid more than you union train boys? OUr jobs is exponentially harder and if we screw up, there isn't a civil suit, it's a war crimes tribunal.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• That's it, I'm starting the Investment Bankers' Union!
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          That's it, I'm starting the Investment Bankers' Union!
          I beg you, please! How great would that be if you were petitioning companies for $1MM base pay, free medical and company matching on discretionary investments?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I beg you, please! How great would that be if you were petitioning companies for $1MM base pay, free medical and company matching on discretionary investments?
            Holy fuck imagine the bonuses!
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Holy fuck imagine the bonuses!
              They would just cut your pay to stuff their fat cat corporate pockets. How dare they pay the shareholders, who actually own the company, anything at all. We all know the people who work there should get everything that is left on the NOI line. Or better yet we could just say the government owns the company and they can distribute it all. Now, that is a good idea and it will work this time!
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Denny just texted and said the i-banker union is the best idea he's ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  I pay 40 bucks a quarter for my entire family, 3 bucks for prescriptions and ....No Union. You want to talk about a job that is hazardous? EOD and Infantry. Why aren't we paid more than you union train boys? OUr jobs is exponentially harder and if we screw up, there isn't a civil suit, it's a war crimes tribunal.
                  I suppose it all comes down to a matter of choice, you knew what the job entailed when you enlisted, yet you still chose that career path. Unfortunately Uncle Sam feels congressmen and senators should make more than an infantryman in active duty.

Comment

Denny just texted and said the i-banker union is the best idea he's ever heard.
                    I'll head that bish up so I can say "I am not an industry insider, my goal is just to protect the abused I-bankers who have constantly donated their time and effort for minimal, almost slave like compensation. It's time for these bankers to move out of the field and into the house!"

Comment

• Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
                      I suppose it all comes down to a matter of choice, you knew what the job entailed when you enlisted, yet you still chose that career path. Unfortunately Uncle Sam feels congressmen and senators should make more than an infantryman in active duty.
                      And you chose your path. Why do you believe that unions should dictate who can work what job and keep those who want to work from working unless they pay a kickback to the union?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        And you chose your path. Why do you believe that unions should dictate who can work what job and keep those who want to work from working unless they pay a kickback to the union?
                        Using military pay is a tough argument. Even just getting out of the military and doing the same job I got paid 4 times what I did when I was enlisted.

I went to all our big war areas since Bosnia basically as a civilian and was paid a lot more than if I were enlisted.

The system that may be broke is the military pay system. Everyone makes the same pay, regardless of skill or civilian fair market value for a skill. At least that was the case for me, it makes no sense to endure that stress with a family when you can just get out and make more.

Busting people's balls over being combat arms and you making less for the danger level is not a balanced argument. We all know that the military does not pay a lot. Should it? I mean, you'd then be angry because they may not pay you what some "POG" would get paid. What is your value to the Army? We all know the government thinks shit of the lower officers, enlisted and NCOs.

Anyway, complaining that you got paid shit in comparison is not a good argument. We all negotiate our pays and contracts. It was you who agreed to that pay, just like I did when I signed up.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That's it, I'm starting the Investment Bankers' Union!
                          Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Denny just texted and said the i-banker union is the best idea he's ever heard.
                          Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!

Comment

• Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
                            I suppose it all comes down to a matter of choice, you knew what the job entailed when you enlisted, yet you still chose that career path.
                            I love irony.

Comment

Umm yea we are. We screw up and the FRA fines us up to 25k. On top of that I can be charged with manslaughter if I hit a car and kill someone if I'm not doing exactly what I'm suppose to do be doing. We all know how lawyers can twist the truth and run with something.

You could be going 1mph over the speed limit and they will claim you were speeding and if you weren't speeding you would have never hit that car that went around the gates and killed that family.

How many of them have been sued for millions of dollars in property and loss of life?

How many of them have actually been convicted of criminally negligent homicide or even manslaughter and spent life in prison?

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                                Using military pay is a tough argument. Even just getting out of the military and doing the same job I got paid 4 times what I did when I was enlisted.

I went to all our big war areas since Bosnia basically as a civilian and was paid a lot more than if I were enlisted.

The system that may be broke is the military pay system. Everyone makes the same pay, regardless of skill or civilian fair market value for a skill. At least that was the case for me, it makes no sense to endure that stress with a family when you can just get out and make more.

Busting people's balls over being combat arms and you making less for the danger level is not a balanced argument. We all know that the military does not pay a lot. Should it? I mean, you'd then be angry because they may not pay you what some "POG" would get paid. What is your value to the Army? We all know the government thinks shit of the lower officers, enlisted and NCOs.

Anyway, complaining that you got paid shit in comparison is not a good argument. We all negotiate our pays and contracts. It was you who agreed to that pay, just like I did when I signed up.
                                That's not the argument I'm presenting. He's saying that I knew what I was getting into and I did. I'm also saying that he knew what he was getting into when he signed his contract. I'm asking why does he support unions acting like the mafia and refusing you a job unless you agree to give them kickbacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X