Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    That's not the argument I'm presenting. He's saying that I knew what I was getting into and I did. I'm also saying that he knew what he was getting into when he signed his contract. I'm asking why does he support unions acting like the mafia and refusing you a job unless you agree to give them kickbacks.
    Because his paycheck depends on his support of them, that's why. His double standard was the point of my last post.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

That's not the argument I'm presenting. He's saying that I knew what I was getting into and I did. I'm also saying that he knew what he was getting into when he signed his contract. I'm asking why does he support unions acting like the mafia and refusing you a job unless you agree to give them kickbacks.
      Because that is what was voted into place by the WORKERS, and I wouldn't call fifty bucks a month much of a "kickback", a lot of that money is paid out in the form of benefits to other workers, and yes unfortunately I am sure some of it goes to some corporate fat cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Because his paycheck depends on his support of them, that's why. His double standard was the point of my last post.
        So what's the double standard? You do realize that there are some companies who refuse to use anything but union labor? Why? possibly due to the fact that the union takes a huge load off of the companies shoulder in the form of personell management. I sounded just like you guys for most of my working career, even after becoming a union employee, I disliked the thought of unions. After working in a union shop several years and seeing how much smoother things operate I have come to realize that while not a perfect system, everything is done according to the rules set forth between the company and the union, and human emotions, while still present are rarely ever allowed to be used for promotion or disciplinary action.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          That's like saying when someone screws up at a bank and millions in transactions are missed - the employee pays.

I understand what you're going for, but it's not like any 1 employee would have the cash to replace anything. The biggest consequence is losing their job and that's a big consequence for us working class folks.

If I make a big mistake in my job, I may lose my job over it. No way they are getting 10K out of me much-less millions.
          No, its like saying if the president of a single bank in a specific branch personally fucks up, like the bank physically collapses killing everyone and destroying all of the property inside because he did something stupid, he gets held responsible for the deaths of the people and destruction of property lost.

We are not talking about railroad grunt with a grease gun, we are talking about the head dick of the train who gets the big bucks to keep it and everyone else safe.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I love irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
              So what's the double standard? You do realize that there are some companies who refuse to use anything but union labor? Why? possibly due to the fact that the union takes a huge load off of the companies shoulder in the form of personell management. I sounded just like you guys for most of my working career, even after becoming a union employee, I disliked the thought of unions. After working in a union shop several years and seeing how much smoother things operate I have come to realize that while not a perfect system, everything is done according to the rules set forth between the company and the union, and human emotions, while still present are rarely ever allowed to be used for promotion or disciplinary action.
              The double standard is you telling someone that they "knew what they were signing up for" when your precious union renegotiates its contract every three years.

Didn't you guys "know what you were signing up for?"
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

The double standard is you telling someone that they "knew what they were signing up for" when your precious union renegotiates its contract every three years.

Didn't you guys "know what you were signing up for?"
                Are you fucking retarded? We have no cost of living allowance built into our contract, so anyone with even the slightest amount of common sense would realize that contracts must be renegotiated. You expect at least a cost of living increase when your company is performing well don't you? Your logic is nonsensical at best and so far I have yet to see a statement from yourself that has the slightest bit of bearing on this discussion.

Comment

Are you fucking retarded? We have no cost of living allowance built into our contract, so anyone with even the slightest amount of common sense would realize that contracts must be renegotiated. You expect at least a cost of living increase when your company is performing well don't you? Your logic is nonsensical at best and so far I have yet to see a statement from yourself that has the slightest bit of bearing on this discussion.
                  But you knew what the pay was when you signed up for it, right? Isn't that the standard you just used for Forever Frost?

And yes, I am retarded

Comment

• LOL I find it funny how everyone is so scared of the big bad unions. You'd think we are the boogeyman by the way everyone reacts to the word union and how our union dues pay for the destruction of the world. I pay a whopping $88 a month in dues and only $12 of that gets sent off to the international chapter. The rest stays in my local and is used to cover local expenses and to set up funds for injured members or just members that are in need.

Comment

• Wait, didn't you say I knew the pay when I enlisted yet you admit you have your pay renegotiated every so often to give you more and more? What happened to sticking with what you agreed to?

Kickbacks are what the unions and mafia do. You want the job? Well you have to go talk to Vinny over there and slip him a part of your paycheck or you can't work here. Last I checked, it's illegal when the mob does it and it should be illegal when the unions do it.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

But you knew what the pay was when you signed up for it, right? Isn't that the standard you just used for Forever Frost?

And yes, I am retarded
                        So when you took your current job assuming that you are employed, you expected no wage increase over time? How is this any different than the unions re-negotiating our wage and welfare contract? The standard that I used for Forever Frost is the same for everyone, we all make life choices as to what we are willing to do and to what level of compensation we expect. You might call it a double standard, I just call it making smart career choices.

Comment

You do realize that business tries to get rid of unions only to have their places vandalized and the shops shut down and barricaded by unions and the illegal immigrants they hire to walk the picket line because the 'workers' can't be bother to.

Comment

So when you took your current job assuming that you are employed, you expected no wage increase over time? How is this any different than the unions re-negotiating our wage and welfare contract? The standard that I used for Forever Frost is the same for everyone, we all make life choices as to what we are willing to do and to what level of compensation we expect. You might call it a double standard, I just call it making smart career choices.
                            What you're saying is that you have so little confidence in your abilities that you are only marketable as a group instead of as an individual, right?

Comment

Wait, didn't you say I knew the pay when I enlisted yet you admit you have your pay renegotiated every so often to give you more and more? What happened to sticking with what you agreed to?

Kickbacks are what the unions and mafia do. You want the job? Well you have to go talk to Vinny over there and slip him a part of your paycheck or you can't work here. Last I checked, it's illegal when the mob does it and it should be illegal when the unions do it.
                              Didn't you sign a contract spelling out wages and benefits over a specified time period? Were not pay raises figured in, based upon time and rank? If you re-enlist, is not a new contract signed, usually with some sort of bonus? Why should you get a re-enlistment bonus, why not stick to the original agreement that you had with Uncle Sam? I can tell you why, because eveyone wants to get ahead and do the best that they can for their families, and to do so wages must rise in proprtion to ones needs or at least keep up with the rate of inflation. You signing a multi year enlistment contract is no different than the unions, both sides are in agreement with what is considered a fair amount of compensation for the specified time frame, and when the time is up re-negotiating begins.

Comment

Didn't you sign a contract spelling out wages and benefits over a specified time period? Were not pay raises figured in, based upon time and rank? If you re-enlist, is not a new contract signed, usually with some sort of bonus? Why should you get a re-enlistment bonus, why not stick to the original agreement that you had with Uncle Sam? I can tell you why, because eveyone wants to get ahead and do the best that they can for their families, and to do so wages must rise in proprtion to ones needs or at least keep up with the rate of inflation. You signing a multi year enlistment contract is no different than the unions, both sides are in agreement with what is considered a fair amount of compensation for the specified time frame, and when the time is up re-negotiating begins.
                                Yep, you know absolutely nothing about the reenlistment process. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X