Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
    Facts are facts. We just hired 30 conductors last week. Most are 18-21 years old. Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.
    .....and it shows

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I hate to break the news to you but $120K a year isn't even close to big money.

Pocket change. My pay is just for gas money.
      Originally posted by The King
      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

I am a conductor for UP and we are guaranteed $3600 a half on the extra board. That is $86K+ a year straight time. Engineers make $15-$20K more than us. Right now we are slammed and some of us are getting $4500-$5,100 a half.

BNSF gets a profit sharing check every year. $9K-$12K and UP will get them starting this year thanks to our union.
        So, best case scenario with OT and bonuses and fairy dust, we're looking at about $117K? Is this gross or net? What are your tax-exempt dues? I'd like to hear what this is real-world money for both straight time and putting in tons of hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
          So, best case scenario with OT and bonuses and fairy dust, we're looking at about $117K? Is this gross or net? What are your tax-exempt dues? I'd like to hear what this is real-world money for both straight time and putting in tons of hours.

I can't speak for BNSF pay. I can only tell you what UP pays. Anyway you look at it $100K+ it is still small pay. Still 50% less money than the average DFWMustanger.
          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

I can't speak for BNSF pay. I can only tell you what UP pays. Anyway you look at it $100K+ it is still small pay. Still 50% less money than the average DFWMustanger.
            I'm not knocking $100K, but I'm just not seeing it, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I hate to break the news to you but $120K a year isn't even close to big money.
              Yeah no shit.

It's good money, and one can live comfortably, but it's not big money at all.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• 25 lighters on my dresser...yessir...i gots ta get paid!

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Union or not, how do I get into this industry?

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                    Yeah no shit.

It's good money, and one can live comfortably, but it's not big money at all.

No way you could live comfortably on $120K a year. My wife makes more than that and we are thinking about getting on welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      25 lighters on my dresser...yessir...i gots ta get paid!

god bless.
                      sittin fat down south, ninja!

Comment

Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.

I've been trying not to post in this thread, but I'm seriously lmgdao over here..

Comment

• I made a collage once in art class. It has all kinds of cool shit in it, dune buggies, hot bitches smoking cigarettes and zombies.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• LOL at everyone claiming 100k a year aint shit when the median house hold income in the United States is less than 50k. I've made as much as 17k in a month working for the railroad and I sustained that for over 6 months and yes I was dead tired afterwards. The reality of it all is we have the opportunity to make over $1,000 a day every day we go to work it just depends on what happens. Does it happen everyday? I wish, but it does happen at least once a month. I can also count on at least 1 or 2 $700 to $800 days a week. I don't know of very many people outside of Dfwmustangs that makes that kind of money a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I've been trying not to post in this thread, but I'm seriously lmgdao over here..
                              My phone doesn't have spell check. You don't need to spell good if u work for the RR. Just need to know how to blow the train horn. We r having another hiring session in July. Going to get a few more of my buddies on and teach them how to blow a train horn.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                                LOL at everyone claiming 100k a year aint shit when the median house hold income in the United States is less than 50k. I've made as much as 17k in a month working for the railroad and I sustained that for over 6 months and yes I was dead tired afterwards. The reality of it all is we have the opportunity to make over $1,000 a day every day we go to work it just depends on what happens. Does it happen everyday? I wish, but it does happen at least once a month. I can also count on at least 1 or 2 $700 to $800 days a week. I don't know of very many people outside of Dfwmustangs that makes that kind of money a day.
                                Well, if you want to brag, go find a website full of people whose median household income is less than $50K. I don't know what to tell you. It isn't like all the people in this thread work at Wal mart.
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X