Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I don't care to be a part of a union, RR or just about anything you posted in this thread. I do, however, laugh at you thinking there is some higher level of training that only a select few can do, thus justifying higher wages. It really is just as funny as it is sad because you probably truely believe this.
    I just feel that the working man should be paid fairly for his labours, not some day trader who is just gambling on his stock going up due to another company layoff/ cost cutting . If you really want my opinion the real problem with America is everyone wants some easy pencil pusher white collar job that requires no skillset other than typing on the computer, and answering a phone. Unfortunately we as a society tend to look down upon people who have actually worked, as in physical labor for their money, while glorifying those who do nothing other than make a few lucky trades, or real estate deals.

Comment

Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
      I just feel that the working man should be paid fairly for his labours, not some day trader who is just gambling on his stock going up due to another company layoff/ cost cutting . If you really want my opinion the real problem with America is everyone wants some easy pencil pusher white collar job that requires no skillset other than typing on the computer, and answering a phone. Unfortunately we as a society tend to look down upon people who have actually worked, as in physical labor for their money, while glorifying those who do nothing other than make a few lucky trades, or real estate deals.
      I can say that union is severely overpaid without being a daytrader or wear a suit and tie. Heh... go figure.

Comment

I can say that union is severely overpaid without being a daytrader or wear a suit and tie. Heh... go figure.
        So I guess my specialized skill set (locomotive electrician) is only worth about 12 bucks an hour in your book, I mean hell anybody can just hop right in there, no need for years of training. The job I perform for the rail road is VERY specialized, and no not just any one off the street could do it. I deserve the level of pay I receive, and in all honesty feel like it should be more. You should really learn to be more open minded and to stop generalizing, not all unions are bad and all union employees are not the lazy overpaid slobs the media portrays.

Comment

So I guess my specialized skill set (locomotive electrician) is only worth about 12 bucks an hour in your book, I mean hell anybody can just hop right in there, no need for years of training. The job I perform for the rail road is VERY specialized, and no not just any one off the street could do it. I deserve the level of pay I receive, and in all honesty feel like it should be more. You should really learn to be more open minded and to stop generalizing, not all unions are bad and all union employees are not the lazy overpaid slobs the media portrays.
          I have no problem with you or your union but, I bet I could learn 99% of your job in less than 6 weeks.

Comment

Turboskull your wasting your time with Denny. His daddy took a buyout from the railroad in the 80s because he didn't have enough senority to hold a job. Seems that he is a bit bitter over everything because his daddy didn't hire out sooner.

Comment

I'm union and I don't get paid shit!

Comment

A non-union journeyman will make more than 12 bucks an hour. If you can complete a post without false statements, maybe some of us will take you a little more seriously. Well, unless you only see yourself making just 12 bucks an hour outside the union.
                Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                Turboskull your wasting your time with Denny. His daddy took a buyout from the railroad in the 80s because he didn't have enough senority to hold a job. Seems that he is a bit bitter over everything because his daddy didn't hire out sooner.
                There you go making yourself out to be an ass again by manipulating what was already posted. He took a buy-out @ 12 years and landed a higher paying NON-UNION job outside the RR industry. Quit leaving the pertinent information to support your dumbassery.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  I'm union and I don't get paid shit!
                  Monster is your source for jobs and career opportunities. Search for jobs, read career advice from Monster's job experts, and find hiring and recruiting advice.

Comment

Whats funny is that Union workers make up 7% of the entire work force, but the media and big bad Dfwmustangs want you to beleive we are running the country into the ground lol.

I'll be damned if I apologize for making a decent living, having real health care and a pension plan that Congress envies.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      I have no problem with you or your union but, I bet I could learn 99% of your job in less than 6 weeks.
                      Nothing personal but I seriously doubt it, I have seen guys come in with all sorts of electrical experience thinking that they would pick it up in a few weeks, the best new guys are usually ex navy off of nuclear subs, and even they can't believe how complicated some of the newer locomotives are. But, just out of curiosity what do you do?

Comment

Quit leaving the pertinent information to support your dumbassery.
                        Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. LMAO

Comment

Nothing personal but I seriously doubt it, I have seen guys come in with all sorts of electrical experience thinking that they would pick it up in a few weeks, the best new guys are usually ex navy off of nuclear subs, and even they can't believe how complicated some of the newer locomotives are. But, just out of curiosity what do you do?
                          Remind me how many miles of wire are in one Locomotive. I just drive them I don't fixem.

Comment

Whats funny is that Union workers make up 7% of the entire work force, but the media and big bad Dfwmustangs want you to beleive we are running the country into the ground lol.

I'll be damned if I apologize for making a decent living, having real health care and a pension plan that Congress envies.
                            7% and making all that damage... see how that works?

Comment

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. LMAO
                              You make no sense... just sayin'.
                              Remind me how many miles of wire are in one Locomotive. I just drive them I don't fixem.
                              It's a shitload. So does he get paid per linear mile of wire now?

Comment

LMAO!! Here we go... I bet he does something that doesn't require a union crutch.

Comment

Working...
                                X