• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are fed shit and made to believe it's Filet Mignon.[/QUOTE]
    Quote of the night!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      LOL at anyone that believes what walmart offers is actually considered benefits. That's whats wrong with the american public. They think they have health insurance and it's a joke. Any time I hear someone claim they have health insurance only to tell me that they pay $1,200 a month for a family of four and have 5k deductibles it's pathetic.

They are fed shit and made to believe it's Filet Mignon.
      My last stateside job had me pay $29 a week for a family package on full 80/20 medical

Comment

Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
        Quote of the night!
        Pick go out and pick my own cow and my own cut and prepare it the way I like it... beat that!

Comment

LOL at anyone that believes what walmart offers is actually considered benefits. That's whats wrong with the american public. They think they have health insurance and it's a joke. Any time I hear someone claim they have health insurance only to tell me that they pay $1,200 a month for a family of four and have 5k deductibles it's pathetic.

My health insurance costs me approximately $300/month for self and family coverage and has a $500 deductible. All without union representation, or as in your case, union dues.

Comment

• My insurance cost me nothing with a $1500 deductible... Non-union
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Originally posted by futant View Post
              Why should any one who is a train conductor get paid 80K+ ?

Wheres the fucking skill in that?
              it's the equivalent of a 'skilled' truck driver ! Shit , at best. You could argue with traffic and moronic car drivers it takes ten times more skill / knowledge than a train conductor would ever need on a rail.

Maybe you should become a conductor and make better money. Living in a trailer park forever doesn't make you a smarter person. But there is one step that you must pass and that is the reading comprehension test which you would fail over and over again. Maybe your life long dream have been fulfilled living in a trailer park.
              Originally posted by The King
              I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

• Yeah, with the amount of materials (hazmat included) that a train will haul, I want those guys/gals compensated well.

I just think the argument is if unions are needed or not. A lot of skilled workers get compensated well without unions.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
                  If you really want my opinion the real problem with America is everyone wants some easy pencil pusher white collar job that requires no skillset other than typing on the computer, and answering a phone.
                  Saying every office job is just typing on the computer or answering the phone is like saying every other job is just digging ditches.
                  Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                  Turboskull your wasting your time with Denny. His daddy took a buyout from the railroad in the 80s because he didn't have enough senority to hold a job.
                  That's what's wrong with unions. It shouldn't be about how long you've been there; it should be about how you've performed while you were there.
                  Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
                  So what do you think a grocery stocker for let's say Wal Mart would have to say about your above statement? Especially the part about fair pay and benefits. How can Wal Mart offer such low pricing and make such enormous profits? First by creating a monopoly of sorts and purchasing their goods cheaply, secondly by low buck labor. The laws and regulations to protect workers are out dated at best, and unfortunately with a lack of any real regulation in cheap imports, the American work force has been thrown onto a global market place that is willing to work for a few dollars a day. It all goes back to what I was talking about with the white collar crowd, their whole mentality is about making enormous profits off the backs of the working class, no matter that they are bringing down the entire country due to their greed and laziness.
                  Stocking isn't a skilled job. Also, Kroger's is union-run, and they cost more and make less than Wal-Mart.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Yeah, with the amount of materials (hazmat included) that a train will haul, I want those guys/gals compensated well.

I just think the argument is if unions are needed or not. A lot of skilled workers get compensated well without unions.
                    I would also if they were held personally and financially liable for any situations or accidents, but they are not.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      I would also if they were held personally and financially liable for any situations or accidents, but they are not.

Stevo
                      That's like saying when someone screws up at a bank and millions in transactions are missed - the employee pays.

I understand what you're going for, but it's not like any 1 employee would have the cash to replace anything. The biggest consequence is losing their job and that's a big consequence for us working class folks.

If I make a big mistake in my job, I may lose my job over it. No way they are getting 10K out of me much-less millions.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post

Stevo
                        Umm yea we are. We screw up and the FRA fines us up to 25k. On top of that I can be charged with manslaughter if I hit a car and kill someone if I'm not doing exactly what I'm suppose to do be doing. We all know how lawyers can twist the truth and run with something.

You could be going 1mph over the speed limit and they will claim you were speeding and if you weren't speeding you would have never hit that car that went around the gates and killed that family.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                          Maybe you should become a conductor and make better money. Living in a trailer park forever doesn't make you a smarter person. But there is one step that you must pass and that is the reading comprehension test which you would fail over and over again. Maybe your life long dream have been fulfilled living in a trailer park.
                          WTF are you talking about ?
                          I make more than that. How do any of your comments have anything to do with what i said.
                          Are you just butt hurt or something because I said driving a train is easy ?

It has to be, they don't even stop!

Tell us why its so hard, or at least why it's harder than an 18 wheeler. At least some ppl, that weren't as retarded as you, made some statements that they have much more responsibility . That's valid. Not really valid towards the skill required to do the job(my post), but still a valild point.

Comment

Umm yea we are. We screw up and the FRA fines us up to 25k. On top of that I can be charged with manslaughter if I hit a car and kill someone if I'm not doing exactly what I'm suppose to do be doing. We all know how lawyers can twist the truth and run with something.

You could be going 1mph over the speed limit and they will claim you were speeding and if you weren't speeding you would have never hit that car that went around the gates and killed that family.
                            like any of that really happens though.
                            what can happen, and what does happen are two very different things in this case.
                            Show me even once where a train conductor has been faulted for going 1mph too fast, and blamed for an accident involved a car going around the gates.

That's ludicrous and you know it.
                            I'm not even trying to say there aren't some rediculous awards given out by weighted juries, but those wouldnt be held personally against an employee unless there was GROSS negligence.

Well everything in life you can be held accountable for gross negligence. Thats doesn't mean you are really exposed at your job to undue litigation vs. other jobs.

you railroad guys are pointless to argue with. you guys are throwing out there shit that is just plain COMMON sense, and pretending like they're valid points.

Comment

WTF are you talking about ?
                              I make more than that. How do any of your comments have anything to do with what i said.
                              Are you just butt hurt or something because I said driving a train is easy ?

It has to be, they don't even stop!

Tell us why its so hard, or at least why it's harder than an 18 wheeler. At least some ppl, that weren't as retarded as you, made some statements that they have much more responsibility . That's valid. Not really valid towards the skill required to do the job(my post), but still a valild point.
                              LOL strap yourself to something thats 8000 ft long weights 20,000 tons and has 16,000hp at the head end and another 8000hp at the rear that you control by remote control. Your going 70mph and half your train is going up hill in two different places and the other half is going down hill in two different places. Oh and your suppose to stop the head end in 4 miles on a target thats 200ft long. Try doing all that without tearing the train up.

Comment

like any of that really happens though.
                                what can happen, and what does happen are two very different things in this case.
                                Show me even once where a train conductor has been faulted for going 1mph too fast, and blamed for an accident involved a car going around the gates.

That's ludicrous and you know it.
                                I'm not even trying to say there aren't some rediculous awards given out by weighted juries, but those wouldnt be held personally against an employee unless there was GROSS negligence.

Well everything in life you can be held accountable for gross negligence. Thats doesn't mean you are really exposed at your job to undue litigation vs. other jobs.

you railroad guys are pointless to argue with. you guys are throwing out there shit that is just plain COMMON sense, and pretending like they're valid points.
                                LOL your a dumbass. The stuff I pointed out happends every fucking day. You kill someone with a train and the first thing their family does is lawyer up. Trains have black boxes just like airplanes and everytime you fart its being recorded. Those lawyers go over everything with a fine tooth comb just trying to fine you at fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X