X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
    I am a conductor for UP and we are guaranteed $3600 a half on the extra board. That is $86K+ a year straight time. Engineers make $15-$20K more than us. Right now we are slammed and some of us are getting $4500-$5,100 a half.

BNSF gets a profit sharing check every year. $9K-$12K and UP will get them starting this year thanks to our union.
    So, best case scenario with OT and bonuses and fairy dust, we're looking at about $117K? Is this gross or net? What are your tax-exempt dues? I'd like to hear what this is real-world money for both straight time and putting in tons of hours.

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I hate to break the news to you but $120K a year isn't even close to big money.

Pocket change. My pay is just for gas money.

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    Facts are facts. We just hired 30 conductors last week. Most are 18-21 years old. Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.
    .....and it shows

Leave a comment:

• Broncojohnny
    replied
    Facts are facts. We just hired 30 conductors last week. Most are 18-21 years old. Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.
    I hate to break the news to you but $120K a year isn't even close to big money.

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    More good, solid barg in this thread....

All it needs now is more kowbell

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear about a real "six figure" claim by a choo choo driver... so I can call him a liar.

He might get there with a ton of overtime, but not base salary.
    I am a conductor for UP and we are guaranteed $3600 a half on the extra board. That is $86K+ a year straight time. Engineers make $15-$20K more than us. Right now we are slammed and some of us are getting $4500-$5,100 a half.

BNSF gets a profit sharing check every year. $9K-$12K and UP will get them starting this year thanks to our union.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    I'm still waiting to hear about a real "six figure" claim by a choo choo driver... so I can call him a liar.

He might get there with a ton of overtime, but not base salary.

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied
    Is that really a brag?

No but making 6 figures sitting in a leather captains chair in the ice cold a/c is. Oops, I have to blow the horn. Wow this is hard work to make 6 figures.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Tax deduction.
    Is that really a brag?

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied
    I thought even the elite (like FrieghtTrain) only get like 80K and you forgot to add the low, low price for union membership... wait, that's a deduction.
    Tax deduction.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    That will get you $100K+ a year, full benefits, 5 weeks vacation, and the profit sharing check every year. Sounds like a sweet deal.
    I thought even the elite (like FrieghtTrain) only get like 80K and you forgot to add the low, low price for union membership... wait, that's a deduction.

Leave a comment:

• dewayne6243
    replied
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    So basically it's a Choo choo train GED?
    That will get you $100K+ a year, full benefits, 5 weeks vacation, and the profit sharing check every year. Sounds like a sweet deal.

Leave a comment:

• Forever_frost
    replied
    So basically it's a Choo choo train GED?

Leave a comment:

• slow99
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
    Feel free to educate us on the rigors of getting said license. A quick search found that FRA requires you to be somewhat physically capable, a high school graduate and at least 21 years old. Other requirements are to pass a written and some other exam. Please elaborate from here.
    Also looks like 30 weeks of class, with a dropout rate of less than 3%. Not to mention the site I saw has a glaring grammatical error on it. Sounds rigorous!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X