What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    I believe that most of the stuff written in the New Testament is based on truth...not the supernatural stuff, but the characters involved. Now, the stuff in the Old Testament is way the hell out there...
    Since many Old Testament prophets and events foretold the life and death of Jesus Christ, even as far back as the Book of Genesis, and Jesus himself referred back to Old Testament laws and prophets, the Old and New Testaments are inseparable.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Since many Old Testament prophets and events foretold the life and death of Jesus Christ, even as far back as the Book of Genesis, and Jesus himself referred back to Old Testament laws and prophets, the Old and New Testaments are inseparable.
      Are you going to provide your evidence or do you concede that you do not have any?

Edit: And we've already covered how the new testament and old testament line up. Care to try again?
      Last edited by racrguy; 05-22-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I've already used the bible to prove the Trinity, and then used that same bible to prove Jesus a false prophet. So the rapture is never coming. Check out my thread asking for proof of the bible. I think you'll get a laugh at the lack of evidence given to prove its validity.
        This is a PM I just got from racrguy. What a douchebag. For somebody who thinks religion is a joke, he sure does take it seriously.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• You are correct, I take it seriously. For reasons already given in this thread. I don't see how that's being a d-bag. But you know what they say about opinions.

Comment

• You've already used the bible to prove the Trinity, and then used that same bible to prove Jesus a false prophet?

No ya didnt. Not even close.

I dont mind doing this with you, but for you to claim victory when your posts are way off the beatin track is...well distasteful.
            Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              You've already used the bible to prove the Trinity, and then used that same bible to prove Jesus a false prophet?

No ya didnt. Not even close.

I dont mind doing this with you, but for you to claim victory when your posts are way off the beatin track is...well distasteful.
              The only case you might have against me proving the trinity via the bible is the 1st corinthians quote. In which case you have:

1 Corinthians 2:10-11
              But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

I can claim victory for the premise of the thread because as of yet no evidence that is factual has been brought forth for the validity of the bible, despite numerous claims that it has been, and each time debunked.

And now with the Corinthians quote in this reply, I can claim victory in proving the trinity. And with the proving of Jesus a false prophet, by extension using the trinity, god and the holy spirit are also false prophets.

If you'd like to go into how the god of the bible is evil, we can do that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                The only case you might have against me proving the trinity via the bible is the 1st corinthians quote. In which case you have:

1 Corinthians 2:10-11
                But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

I can claim victory for the premise of the thread because as of yet no evidence that is factual has been brought forth for the validity of the bible, despite numerous claims that it has been, and each time debunked.

And now with the Corinthians quote in this reply, I can claim victory in proving the trinity. And with the proving of Jesus a false prophet, by extension using the trinity, god and the holy spirit are also false prophets.

If you'd like to go into how the god of the bible is evil, we can do that as well.
                Just so you know, I have no battle to win here. I'm simply trying to answer your questions as you ask them.

Now you seem to be a fairly educated person, but your comprehension of the Bible is weak. We have provided you with good solid answers. You can choose all you want to not believe that the information that you are receiving is false, but if you are really searching for answers, you need to research the answers a little closer instead of trying to find the 1st thing you can speak against them. You owe it to yourself in my opinion.
                Photobucket

Comment

• Matthew 3:16-17 (English Standard Version)
                  16And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold,(A) the heavens were opened to him,[a] and he(B) saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17and behold,(C) a voice from heaven said,(D) "This is my beloved Son,[b] with whom I am well pleased."

Does this verse help you understand the trinity some? How can you dispute that? Its very clear. No?
                  Photobucket

Comment

• Matthew 28:19
                    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:16-17
                    16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2 Corinthians 13:14
                    The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

Acts 2:32-33
                    32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

John 17:11
                    And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are].

John 17:21
                    That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
                    Photobucket

Comment

I'm merely being argumentative.
                      Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      This is a PM I just got from racrguy. What a douchebag. For somebody who thinks religion is a joke, he sure does take it seriously.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      I've already used the bible to prove the Trinity, and then used that same bible to prove Jesus a false prophet. So the rapture is never coming. Check out my thread asking for proof of the bible. I think you'll get a laugh at the lack of evidence given to prove its validity.
                      Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      You are correct, I take it seriously. For reasons already given in this thread. I don't see how that's being a d-bag. But you know what they say about opinions.
                      I'm, I've, I, My......

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                        Matthew 3:16-17 (English Standard Version)
                        16And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold,(A) the heavens were opened to him,[a] and he(B) saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17and behold,(C) a voice from heaven said,(D) "This is my beloved Son,[b] with whom I am well pleased."

Does this verse help you understand the trinity some? How can you dispute that? Its very clear. No?
                        You've illustrated an inconsistency. Remember the three laws of logic I explained earlier in the thread?

Something is what it is, is not what it isn't. And cannot be both or neither at the same time. Therefore we can conclude that the bible is illogical.

Even if you have shown that the trinity doesn't exist, you still haven't shown that Jesus is not a false prophet.

I freely admit my knowledge of the bible is rudimentary at best, I know enough to illustrate my points.

Is there any testable evidence that you know of in support of the bible? If so, please post it up and cite your sources.

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        I'm, I've, I, My......

LOL
                        You've shown that I have at least a small grasp of the English language. Your point, or are you just babbling incessantly again? You have yet to provide any evidence to back up your claim of creation yet you continue to post in this thread. Given the lack of evidence provided by you the only conclusion I can come to is that you have none, therefore I can throw out your claim to creation as being false. Any other baseless claims?

Comment

You've illustrated an inconsistency. Remember the three laws of logic I explained earlier in the thread?

Something is what it is, is not what it isn't. And cannot be both or neither at the same time. Therefore we can conclude that the bible is illogical.

Even if you have shown that the trinity doesn't exist, you still haven't shown that Jesus is not a false prophet.

I freely admit my knowledge of the bible is rudimentary at best, I know enough to illustrate my points.

Is there any testable evidence that you know of in support of the bible? If so, please post it up and cite your sources.

You've shown that I have at least a small grasp of the English language. Your point, or are you just babbling incessantly again? You have yet to provide any evidence to back up your claim of creation yet you continue to post in this thread. Given the lack of evidence provided by you the only conclusion I can come to is that you have none, therefore I can throw out your claim to creation as being false. Any other baseless claims?
                          Dude, I'm not even a christian and your posts are annoying. Do you honestly think you've stumbled upon something new? Something that hasn't been beaten to death not only on this site, but in Canada? Are you patting yourself on the back everytime you post? Do you get a sense of satisfaction by saying "prove it?" You are the exact reason why I would never be associated with atheism. You're as self-righteous as born-again christians are.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            Dude, I'm not even a christian and your posts are annoying. Do you honestly think you've stumbled upon something new? Something that hasn't been beaten to death not only on this site, but in Canada? Are you patting yourself on the back everytime you post? Do you get a sense of satisfaction by saying "prove it?" You are the exact reason why I would never be associated with atheism. You're as self-righteous as born-again christians are.
                            Apparently you glossed over the reasoning for this thread. They're right in the first page if you feel the need to go back and read it. If you don't like what I'm posting you're free to do two things 1) not read this thread and/or 2) put me on ignore. Why you choose to or not be associated with something doesn't matter to me. No, I don't think I've stumbled across anything new, I do however find it a small bit amusing that the pro-bible side hasn't been able to come up with anything new. Since they haven't come up with anything new, I haven't had a need to come up with anything new.
                            Last edited by racrguy; 05-23-2011, 12:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Apparently you glossed over the reasoning for this thread. They're right in the first page if you feel the need to go back and read it. If you don't like what I'm posting you're free to do two things 1) not read this thread and/or 2) put me on ignore. Why you choose to or not be associated with something doesn't matter to me. No, I don't think I've stumbled across anything new, I do however find it a small bit amusing that the pro-bible side hasn't been able to come up with anything new. Since they haven't come up with anything new, I haven't had a need to come up with anything new.
                              Religion is purely faith based. They shouldn't feel the need to come up with anything new to prove to you or anybody else something that you don't believe in. The funny thing is people like you not getting that. Religion has helped plenty of people get through tough times and it's even helped people turn their life around. Whether it's based on fact or fiction shouldn't matter. The placebo effect is still an effect.

Comment

Lots of first person singular again, LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X