What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Liar? How so? Because I allow him to partake in make believe? He is four. You are an adult...you better watch out, you better not pout...Jesus Claus is coming to town.
    So you can lie to a 4 year old? Playing "make believe" is when the kid knows you are both pretending. Come on, doctor, you can do better than that.

BTW, Jesus DID give me a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      I think he was kidding.
      Clearly, but now he wants to try to make a justification that'll blow up in his face. LOL

Comment

• I plan on telling my kids that Santa Claus exists. Only to see their faces years later, when I tell them he doesn't.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Clearly, but now he wants to try to make a justification that'll blow up in his face. LOL
          Blow up in my face? How? Because you say so?

You still didnt tell me how I was a liar...well, I do tell him that God is real. Guess I am.

Comment

Blow up in my face? How? Because you say so?

You still didnt tell me how I was a liar...well, I do tell him that God is real. Guess I am.
            Dude, I gotta side with Father Stangs on this one. He was just goofin' on ya'.

My opinion is that when you have a class of 30 and 29 others are told that Santa is real, it's just less of a pain in the ass for you to tell your kid the same. The funny thing IMO, is christian parents telling them about Santa, and not seeing how it relates to their own beliefs.

PROVE THAT SANTA ISN'T REAL!

Comment

Dude, I gotta side with Father Stangs on this one. He was just goofin' on ya'.

My opinion is that when you have a class of 30 and 29 others are told that Santa is real, it's just less of a pain in the ass for you to tell your kid the same. The funny thing IMO, is christian parents telling them about Santa, and not seeing how it relates to their own beliefs.

PROVE THAT SANTA ISN'T REAL!
              I have known Denny on here for a long time. I know he was fucking with me. I am just giving it back. Hard to convey sarcasm or intent with words.

Comment

I have known Denny on here for a long time. I know he was fucking with me. I am just giving it back. Hard to convey sarcasm or intent with words.
                Just out of curiosity why do you tell your kid about Santa? I know when I have a kid, I will for two reasons. Kids using their imagination is never a bad thing. However, there is a point that he/she will need to know the truth. Not just because of scrutiny from peers, but when they hit a certain age, they deserve it. Just like sex. I fear the day that when I have a kid that's 7 or 8 and hears about sex, and at the rate of society, it might happen even before that. Their minds aren't mature enough to comprehend that shit at that age. What are your thoughts?

Comment

• In summary, God did what he said He would do, Jesus did what he said He would do, the Bible records it, I (and many more) believe it, and that's the way it is.

Comment

• Santa and jesus and god have never been pictured or seen in the same room together.

Comment

• Could be because santa and rooms are constructs of man.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Could be because santa and rooms are constructs of man.....
                        So is "G"od.

Comment

Just out of curiosity why do you tell your kid about Santa? I know when I have a kid, I will for two reasons. Kids using their imagination is never a bad thing. However, there is a point that he/she will need to know the truth. Not just because of scrutiny from peers, but when they hit a certain age, they deserve it. Just like sex. I fear the day that when I have a kid that's 7 or 8 and hears about sex, and at the rate of society, it might happen even before that. Their minds aren't mature enough to comprehend that shit at that age. What are your thoughts?
                          Not sure really. I guess (like religion) we do it out of tradition. My 9 yr old is starting to question the Santa idea. We will probably tell him this year.

God and Jesus did what they said they would do? How do you know they said anything? The Bible...which is a construct of man. Face it old man...your entire belief system is a farce.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Could be because santa and rooms are constructs of man.....
                            just like the bible

on a side note, wasn't "Santa Claus" based on an actual person that got over-sensationalized by stories over years and years into what we know today? Sounds familiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              just like the bible

on a side note, wasn't "Santa Claus" based on an actual person that got over-sensationalized by stories over years and years into what we know today? Sounds familiar.
                              Santa and Jesus are the same mythical being whose paths have diverged somewhere in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                                just like the bible

Let's not forget that Christmas was a pagan holiday for the winter solstice before it was Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                                X