What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Then you too lied to him, and as we all know from the Great Book, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not lie.

Fake JCs for $500 Alex........LOL
    I'm sorry.. How do we "know" this, again? Do we know traits about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

If we are to know traits of these things, these things must first be proven to exist to even have traits. Until then, all we know is what the bible says about what the bible says.

Unless your speaking hypothetically, in which case, my question is in regard to your hypothetical scenario, not reality.
    Last edited by Maddhattter; 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: Clarification of my thought.
    Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
      I'm sorry.. How do we "know" this, again? Do we know traits about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

If we are to know traits of these things, these things must first be proven to exist to even have traits. Until then, all we know is what the bible says about what the bible says.

Unless your speaking hypothetically, in which case, my question in in regard to your hypothetical scenario, not reality.
      It's true, I don't lie. The King is the second largest douche on this planet. There's this Glenn Beck guy that edged him out, but The King is a promising rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Because it's a demon? How would you make the distinction between a demon and the real thing?
        No, keep searching because that's not the correct answer. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
        It's true, I don't lie. The King is the second largest douche on this planet. There's this Glenn Beck guy that edged him out, but The King is a promising rookie.
        You already have lied, however, by feeding false information to the good doctor. Thus, you are indeed a fake and are of no consequence.

Comment

You already have lied, however, by feeding false information to the good doctor. Thus, you are indeed a fake and are of no consequence.
          You wanted the chicken, but I removed the memory to test your faith, I find it lacking.

Comment

Thus, you are indeed a fake and are of no consequence.
            I remember when the Jews said this. LOL, showed them!!!

Comment

No, keep searching because that's not the correct answer. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you

"serveral posts back"? I notice you like being vague, do you have anything else to offer to the conversation other than that and ad hominems?

Comment

• It's not vague at all, and if you're concerned about it you'll find it. If not it doesn't matter to me.

LOL at "conversation", more like comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                  I remember when the Jews said this. LOL, showed them!!!
                  Good one *****applause*****

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    As if I was attempting to make an intelligent post? Yep, good call there buddy. Why don't you bitch about the way I post some more, then get into the SAME kind of posting you just complained about a day or so later.
                    You're one of the self-righteous eltist athiest that bothers the shit out of me. I reactively post. I don't try and pick fights like you do and then pat myself on the back afterwards. I think religion has a place in this world just like any belief. It's done great things for people. It's also done horrible things to others. You could say the same for guns though. What kills people (good people)? Guns, or the wrong people with guns? Attack the root of the problem.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      You're one of the self-righteous eltist athiest that bothers the shit out of me. I reactively post. I don't try and pick fights like you do and then pat myself on the back afterwards. I think religion has a place in this world just like any belief. It's done great things for people. It's also done horrible things to others. You could say the same for guns though. What kills people (good people)? Guns, or the wrong people with guns? Attack the root of the problem.
                      I'll attack the root of your problem.

You're one of the self-righteous eltist athiest that bothers the shit out of me.
                      There are a couple things wrong with this. 1) Learn the definitions of the words you're using before you toss them out. I've been neither self righteous nor elitist based on the fact that I don't stand on a moral high ground, and I've not been excluding anyone for not being the best of the best. If you think I have, quote the posts. 2) With your righteous and elitist argument shot in the foot, you have no reason to be bothered by me, given what you’ve said.
                      I don't try and pick fights like you do and then pat myself on the back afterwards.
                      You don't pick fights like I do? OH THE HYPOCRISY! Exhibit A So, claiming a victory (rightfully so) and giving statements of fact is patting oneself on the back?
                      I think religion has a place in this world just like any belief. It's done great things for people.
                      Which place would that be? In every case study I’ve ever seen, there has not been one instance where religion has helped a person in a way that can’t be done without religion.
                      It's also done horrible things to others.
                      You'll get no argument from me on this point. People have been using religion, through their interpretation of its word, to do horrible things to other people for as long as religion has been around. It's still going on to this very day. The difference is that people, in general, can’t use their interpretation of guns to justify the damage, which is something religion does all the time. Just look at the poor bastards being told that condoms are against god, which is a demonstrable factor in the spread of HIV. To compare guns and religion is a false analogy, a horrible one at that

Comment

• Once again, poopnut's statements are spot on.

Comment

Once again, poopnut's statements are spot on.
                          Once again, a wholly unsupported claim.
                          Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

I reactively post. I don't try and pick fights like you do and then pat myself on the back afterwards.
                            Originally posted by racrguy View Post

You don't pick fights like I do? OH THE HYPOCRISY! Exhibit A
                            Boy that one came back to bite you. Welcome to my world. I don't remember half the crap they claim I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                              Boy that one came back to bite you. Welcome to my world. I don't remember half the crap they claim I said.
                              It was 3am when I posted that. I was probably hammered. Hell, the only time I really post in the theology forum is if I've been drinking. I'll admit when I'm wrong. For the most part I reactively post.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

It was 3am when I posted that. I was probably hammered. Hell, the only time I really post in the theology forum is if I've been drinking. I'll admit when I'm wrong. For the most part I reactively post.
                                *taps you on the shoulder politely* It was 1:07 am CDT when you posted that.

Comment

Working...
                                X