What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Dr. Dave isn't necessarily for the devil, he's simply been duped by the devil along with many others.
    Once again, a wholly unsupported claim.
    Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
      You already label yourself. Your either for God or against God.
      In order for that to be a true dichotomy, you must first prove that there is a god to be for or against. Otherwise, the only true dichotomy you can form is Theist or Atheist. As a Theist has a belief a god or gods, and an Atheist lacks a belief or does not believe in a god or gods.

So, in regards to the topic a hand, the validity of the bible, that is as simple as it gets.
      Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        How do you know if the science in those books is a from a "Valid source" or not?
        See post #303.

So, you refuse counsel from anyone who is not a Dr but you come one here to get counsel on the mysteries of God from guys on here? Follow your own logic and go to a Dr of Divinity and see if your arguments can stand with them.
        I hold everyone else to the same standards that I hold myself. Any facts that I post, I can provide relevant sources for. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that any facts a person posts, they can provide a reference for. I can't say for certain, but I am under the assumption that no one in this thread has the required education to discuss the topic at hand without citing other places.

"For the Christian, the ultimate expression of truth is found in the person of Jesus who said, ""I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and no one comes to the father but through me..." (John 14:6). Jesus, who claimed to be divine, performed many miracles, and rose from the dead said that he alone was the Truth. He was either right or wrong. There is no in-between. If Jesus is wrong, then Christianity is a wrong. If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then we should abandon our faith because he would be no different than anyone else. If Jesus is not God in flesh, then we should denounce him as a madman because you can't claim to be God and be sane -- unless the claim is true. Therefore, if what Jesus said about himself is true, then Christianity is true."
        The bible is not an autobiography, as it didn't get written until a minimum of 40 years or so after Jesus' supposed death.

So answer this...do you believe the person Jesus existed? Not do you believe He was God...but did He exist?
        Is it possible he existed, absolutely. Did he do the things he is credited with? In my opinion, absolutely not.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
        See what I did there, I gave credit to my source, something you didn't do with your quote. Where did it come from?

Originally posted by dewayne6243
        IDK. Maybe some are devil worshipers that want to argue with the Atheist. I guess you need to meet in the middle and realize you are both the same people.
        You conveniently forget that the devil is a construct of god, as told about in the bible. Everything the devil does is with god's knowledge and approval, as god could stop the devil. So, by extension, if I was in fact to worship the devil, it would be because of gods actions.

Comment

Dr. Dave isn't necessarily for the devil, he's simply been duped by the devil along with many others.

Trust me he is for the devil. I love it when doctors tell someone that have full blown stage 5 cancer and have less than 30 days to live, the next week they do a test and they are cancer free with no treatments. You ask the doctor how can the cancer just disappear? They say, " duh duh duh, I don't know, duh duh duh is must be a miracle, duh duh duh.

It is sad that you have never heard Jesus talk to you, in your dreams, in your marriage, in your life, at work.

Hey Dave explain this one. I was laid off as a landman from Devon Energy is 2009. I saw UP was hiring for train conductors in Fort Worth. I applied. No experience. Nothing. Out of 35K applications they called 100 people to interview. What do u know I was one of them. In the interview they asked if anyone here has immediate family that worked for them. 85 people raised there hands. Not me. They are going to hire 15 people. What do u know I was one of them.

So tell me Dave was I that lucky to get the job and bump off people whose mom and dad have worked for the company for 20-30 years? Or was my prayer answered because I asked Jesus to give me this job?

By the way when I was hired as a landman I had zero experience and after 3 days of training they asked me if I would work for them for $185K a year with mileage. Not bad money for an unemployed zero experience guy but my prayer was answered then too.

The point isn't about me being blessed with good paying jobs. This is about Jesus answering my prayers. I am not even going to get started about my wife. Her blessings make mine look tiny.
          Originally posted by The King
          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Trust me he is for the devil. I love it when doctors tell someone that have full blown stage 5 cancer and have less than 30 days to live, the next week they do a test and they are cancer free with no treatments. You ask the doctor how can the cancer just disappear? They say, " duh duh duh, I don't know, duh duh duh is must be a miracle, duh duh duh.

It is sad that you have never heard Jesus talk to you, in your dreams, in your marriage, in your life, at work.

Hey Dave explain this one. I was laid off as a landman from Devon Energy is 2009. I saw UP was hiring for train conductors in Fort Worth. I applied. No experience. Nothing. Out of 35K applications they called 100 people to interview. What do u know I was one of them. In the interview they asked if anyone here has immediate family that worked for them. 85 people raised there hands. Not me. They are going to hire 15 people. What do u know I was one of them.

So tell me Dave was I that lucky to get the job and bump off people whose mom and dad have worked for the company for 20-30 years? Or was my prayer answered because I asked Jesus to give me this job?

By the way when I was hired as a landman I had zero experience and after 3 days of training they asked me if I would work for them for $185K a year with mileage. Not bad money for an unemployed zero experience guy but my prayer was answered then too.

The point isn't about me being blessed with good paying jobs. This is about Jesus answering my prayers. I am not even going to get started about my wife. Her blessings make mine look tiny.
            Stop.... just, stop. You're a complete moron. Jesus didn't answer your prayers, god didn't answer your prayers, the devil didn't answer your prayers. Whoever was doing the hiring decided to choose you, he or she wasn't divinely inspired to do it. You like to take credit away from those who deserve it and give it to god. If a child does well on a test, you give all the credit to god, ignoring all the effort the child put into doing well. You say you are blessed, when it is the work of other people that are giving you the things you want, or you think you deserve. What makes you think you, out of ALL the people in the world are worth gods time and attention? Don't you think he has bigger fish to fry, if he even exists?

BTW, are you BrianC?

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Stop.... just, stop. You're a complete moron. Jesus didn't answer your prayers, god didn't answer your prayers, the devil didn't answer your prayers. Whoever was doing the hiring decided to choose you, he or she wasn't divinely inspired to do it. You like to take credit away from those who deserve it and give it to god. If a child does well on a test, you give all the credit to god, ignoring all the effort the child put into doing well. You say you are blessed, when it is the work of other people that are giving you the things you want, or you think you deserve. What makes you think you, out of ALL the people in the world are worth gods time and attention? Don't you think he has bigger fish to fry, if he even exists?

BTW, are you BrianC?

Thanks for the name calling. I thought this was an adult discussion. A child has the study material before the test. I had nothing but my name and my faith. Ask a 10 year old child to take a trig test with no study material. Compare apples to apples. I will say a prayer for you. Good night.
              Originally posted by The King
              I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Wow, is all that I can say to this irrational verbage. And why the heck would you assume anything about me based on my profession and your experience with it? The Holy Spirit told you? Good grief man. Get a grip on yourself. You are starting to sound a bit insane...out of touch with reality.

Comment

Thanks for the name calling. I thought this was an adult discussion. A child has the study material before the test. I had nothing but my name and my faith. Ask a 10 year old child to take a trig test with no study material. Compare apples to apples. I will say a prayer for you. Good night.
                  These gentlemen often (usually) revert to name calling in this forum when they are unable to accept that the Creator and His Creation are not limited by mankind's science or proofs. Maybe they think that such an admission will make them feel inferior, maybe they take comfort in the illusion that they are in control of everything in their world, who knows?

Comment

...the Creator and His Creation are not limited by mankind's science or proofs.

Comment

So what about the prayers that aren't answered? It seems as if "God" decided to give you a job that you weren't even qualified for instead of answering the prayers of those who really matter. (i.e. the family that wants their soldier to come home but never does, or a mother holding the hand of her dying child with a cancer that won't go away...I could go on and on but you get the point). If "God" gave us free will to make our own decisions and live with the consequences, then why would he randomly intervene to get people jobs? I think he would have served you better by letting you keep the $185k plus. And not that I am calling you a liar, I surely am not (because I have no PROOF), but 185k after three days of training at the entry level? Really? Post up a paystub with your SSN marked out. Give us PROOF. Fuck man, what do they pay their executives?

If you did in fact get the job at UP, which I have no reason to believe you did not, then maybe it had more to do with weeding out bumps on logs who make too much and bringing in entry level people who are hungry and will work for less. It's a tough economy and companies are doing/do this frequently.

I believe that all too often theists automatically give credit to their chosen God when in fact it had nothing to do with that. Shit happens all the time that we cannot readily understand, and instead of trying to attribute it all to God, WE as humans ferret out the reasons and rationalize WHY it happened and what CAUSED it to happen. There is something in our society that explains things which we previously did not understand. I think that it is called...let me see...what was it again....oh yeah Science.
                      Originally posted by grove rat
                      shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                        Get used to it. The King is known for unsupported claims.

Hey King: Why would someone as devout as you obviously are call himself "The King". Isn't that title solely reserved for your God? Sounds kind of hypocritical to me. Don't bother answering...it will be more unsupported claims.
                        Originally posted by grove rat
                        shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                          He's STILL going on with that nonsense? Jesus man, get a grip.
                          Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                          So what about the prayers that aren't answered? It seems as if "God" decided to give you a job that you weren't even qualified for instead of answering the prayers of those who really matter. (i.e. the family that wants their soldier to come home but never does, or a mother holding the hand of her dying child with a cancer that won't go away...I could go on and on but you get the point). If "God" gave us free will to make our own decisions and live with the consequences, then why would he randomly intervene to get people jobs? I think he would have served you better by letting you keep the $185k plus. And not that I am calling you a liar, I surely am not (because I have no PROOF), but 185k after three days of training at the entry level? Really? Post up a paystub with your SSN marked out. Give us PROOF. Fuck man, what do they pay their executives?

If you did in fact get the job at UP, which I have no reason to believe you did not, then maybe it had more to do with weeding out bumps on logs who make too much and bringing in entry level people who are hungry and will work for less. It's a tough economy and companies are doing/do this frequently.

I believe that all too often theists automatically give credit to their chosen God when in fact it had nothing to do with that. Shit happens all the time that we cannot readily understand, and instead of trying to attribute it all to God, WE as humans ferret out the reasons and rationalize WHY it happened and what CAUSED it to happen. There is something in our society that explains things which we previously did not understand. I think that it is called...let me see...what was it again....oh yeah Science.
                          GO GO GOD OF THE GAPS! See dewaynes lovely drivel for it in action. It fails on all accounts because they can never show that it was done via a supernatural entity, nor can they show that it was THEIR supernatural entity that did it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              Wow, is all that I can say to this irrational verbage. And why the heck would you assume anything about me based on my profession and your experience with it? The Holy Spirit told you? Good grief man. Get a grip on yourself. You are starting to sound a bit insane...out of touch with reality.
                              Dopamine is a bad sumbitch, lol.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                                Get used to it. The King is known for unsupported claims.

Hey King: Why would someone as devout as you obviously are call himself "The King". Isn't that title solely reserved for your God? Sounds kind of hypocritical to me. Don't bother answering...it will be more unsupported claims.
                                My choice of "The King" as my SN is actually a nod on my part to the late Elvis Presley. Shows yet again how little you know in spite of your best efforts, and gives yet another example of posters who, ad nauseum, put thier little fingers in motion on their keyboards before putting their minds in gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X