What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
    Take charles darwin, did you know he came from a christian family background...
    Up until the death of annie, his oldest and dearest 10 yr old. She ended up dying from tuberculosis... at that point he was angry at God for not saving her daughter. Well the rest is history... then comes about his writings.
    Take checking your sources, did you know that when you do that you can keep from sounding like an idiot when someone inevitably shows you that your wrong...
    Up until the discovery of valid sources, the reliable resources that is used for determining how much weight a person should have on a topic, we would have to believe everything. We used to believe anything that couldn't be disproven... at that point we wound up letting thousands of people die to blood-letting and leaching. Well, the rest is history... then we found out how science works.

One of these things is not like the other. One of these is an actual historical situation. I'd bet it's not 4.6coupe's misinformation.
    Last edited by Maddhattter; 06-29-2011, 08:53 PM.
    Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• not to worry. Well all see the Truth in the end.
      ./ ____ _ _\.
      (]]]_ o _[[[)
      \o_FORD_o/
      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

not to worry. Well all see the Truth in the end.
        You sure? If we get reincarnated, it's possible we'd never know...
        Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

Comment

not to worry. Well all see the Truth in the end.
          Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
          You sure? If we get reincarnated, it's possible we'd never know...
          Oh yes, we're sure because we've already seen the Truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            Oh yes, we're sure because we've already seen the Truth.
            So, if it's truth, it's testable, demonstrable, and falsifiable. So, how would we do these things to your "Truth"?

Comment

• Testable? Test it all you like, that will change nothing because the Truth is what it is.

Demonstrable? Already demonstrated by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Falsifiable? The Truth can not be falsified, otherwise it would not be the Truth. It has been and can be obscured (for now) however by Satan through his deception of those who are willing to be deceived or are unknowing that they are being deceived.

Comment

Testable? Test it all you like, that will change nothing because the Truth is what it is.
                That doesn't answer the question. The question was how would we do that.

Originally posted by The King
                Demonstrable? Already demonstrated by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
                As stated before, asserting this give is no validity. The lack of evidence to support that assertion renders it invalid.

Falsifiable? The Truth can not be falsified, otherwise it would not be the Truth.
                All truths are falsifiable. Being falsifiable only means that there is criteria that can be met that would show the claim to be false.

As this is the case, your statement is false.

It has been and can be obscured (for now) however by Satan through his deception of those who are willing to be deceived or are unknowing that they are being deceived.
                For this claim to have any merit, you would first have to indicate that what you assert is, in fact, the truth.

Thus far, you have a lot of claims with no support. This would indicate that you do not have a truth, you have a belief and calling it a truth is either unintentionally misleading, or outright dishonest.

Comment

• You have simply been deceived by Satan into believing that my statements regarding the Truth are invalid and/or false. You're certainly not alone in having been so deceived, as there have been many before you and will be many after you (for a while).

Comment

You have simply been deceived by Satan into believing that my statements regarding the Truth are invalid and/or false. You're certainly not alone in being deceived, there have been many before you and will be many after you (for a while).
                    Again, you make assertions that you don't seem able to support. You've failed to indicate that Satan exists, or that you have the truth.

All this indicates that you don't have a truth for me to be deceived from. So, if anyone has deceived me, it would be you for failing to produce any evidence to support your assertions.

Comment

• Then you have been deceived into believing that I am attempting to deceive you. As such, you are providing a typical example of how Satan fools the unsuspecting into believing that it is not he who is leading them astray.

Comment

Then you have been deceived into believing that I am attempting to deceive you. As such, you are providing a typical example of how Satan fools the unsuspecting into believing that it is not he who is leading them astray.
                        Nice try, but I never claimed that you were attempting to deceive me.

You've still failed to provide any evidence for your assertions. Yay for the Null Hypothesis!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                          Nice try, but I never claimed that you were attempting to deceive me.
                          .....in your own words:

Originally posted by maddhatter
                          .....if anyone has deceived me, it would be you
                          Reads like a claim to me. The "if" makes it conditional, i.e. attempting.

Comment

.....in your own words:

Reads like a claim to me. The "if" makes it conditional, i.e. attempting.
                            Oh, so close.

You see, I never said you were attempting to deceive me. I did stated that if anyone was deceiving me is was you. So, the claim that was made was that you are deceiving me by providing no support for your claims, leaving me with the only rational option of dismissing them.

The "if" made the subject conditional. The statement indicated that there was a possibility that no one was deceiving me.

Again, nice try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                              Oh, so close. You see I never said you were attempting to deceive me. I did stated that if anyone was deceiving me is was you. So, the claim that was made was that you are deceiving me by providing no support for your claims, leaving me with the only rational option of dismissing them.

Again, nice try.
                              No trying involved.

By dismissing my claims you were nonetheless deceived.....just not by me. Thus, your statement claiming that if anyone had deceived you, it was me is false, and you have thereby either deliberately posted a lie or have been unwittingly duped into posting a lie. I suspect the latter, 'hatter.

Comment

No trying involved.

By dismissing my claims you were nonetheless deceived.....just not by me. Thus, your statement claiming that if anyone had deceived you, it was me is false, and you have thereby either deliberately posted a lie or have been unwittingly duped into posting a lie. I suspect the latter, 'hatter.
                                You have intentionally failed to provide evidence to support your claim after being repeatedly asked for said evidence.

As you failed to provide evidence to support your claim, I could not rationally accept your unsupported assertion as truth.

So, I was left with no other rational option other than to dismiss your claim. Again, this was due to you not providing support for your claim.

So, if my dismissal of your claim is wrong, it would be your fault(in the context of this discussion) due to your refusal to provide support for your claims.

All the above means that if anyone is deceiving me, it would be you. Based on the facts stated above, it would be intentional via your refusal.

Again, nice try.

Comment

Working...
                                X