No announcement yet.

What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey king... i gotta question... if it was possible to prove scientifically with fact... would you be open minded enough to accept that you beliefs maybe wrong...?
    first class white trash

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Laziness at work.
      Oxymorons make very poor arguments, O.P.

To wit, again from Merriam-Webster.com
      lazy suggests a disinclination to work

Comment

• Originally posted by forbes View Post
        hey king... i gotta question... if it was possible to prove scientifically with fact... would you be open minded enough to accept that you beliefs maybe wrong...?
        Of course, because I already had to be open minded to discover that my beliefs (regarding Christianity) were the Truth.

Science can not disprove my beliefs however, because my beliefs are not founded upon the condition of mankind's acceptance or denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Oxymorons make very poor arguments, O.P.

To wit, again from Merriam-Webster.com
          lazy suggests a disinclination to work
          Except it's not an argument, it's an observation. Yet you continue to demonstrate your inability to use the dictionary correctly...

You cherry pick a definition to suit your needs, ignoring all other definitions of the word.

Originally posted by Merriam-Webster
          — at work
          : engaged in working : busy; especially : engaged in one's regular occupation
          : having effect : operating, functioning
          Note the bolded part, your laziness is having an effect. And at this point, doubly so.

Comment

Fix't

It's not an issue here of understanding the Bible or not, so much as it is of some posters trying to argue that the Bible says something it clearly does not.
            Even in Christianity, different denominations interpret The Bible in different ways, don't they?
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• On a side note, I love how everybody tries to be as grammatically correct in this forum as possible. Otherwise, the response to their post will be about how ignorant or stupid they are.

BTW, I try to be very careful on my posts as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                On a side note, I love how everybody tries to be as grammatically correct in this forum as possible. Otherwise, the response to their post will be about how ignorant or stupid they are.

BTW, I try to be very careful on my posts as well.
                I think the reason for that is because someone will come along and pick apart your posts grammatically and then use an ad hominem to get out of keeping things about the argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Even in Christianity, different denominations interpret The Bible in different ways, don't they?
                  As long as any given denomination first adheres to the Bible ahead of their own traditions and organizational hierarchy, there will be very little difference.
                  Last edited by The King; 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

As long as any given denomination first adheres to the Bible ahead of their own traditions and organizational hierarchy, there will be very little difference.
                    Fair enough.

Comment

The whole thing? Even Leviticus and Deuteronomy?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• I'm just going to leave this here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          The whole thing? Even Leviticus and Deuteronomy?
                          Leviticus and Deuteronomy are part of the Pentateuch, or Torah, that are the first five books of the Old Testament. Ask our Jewish friends whether they adhere to the Law of Moses recorded in the Torah. I am not Jewish so I am not qualified to say. Regarding Christianity though, Jesus fulfilled mankind's part of the First Covenant detailed in the Torah, so all of mankind can now be reconciled to God through Jesus rather than individually and/or collectively practicing the Law of Moses. The Law was never done away with, and it does apply to Christians as well, but it has been fulfilled on our (and everyones) behalf.

Comment

Leviticus and Deuteronomy are part of the Pentateuch, or Torah, that are the first five books of the Old Testament. Ask our Jewish friends whether they adhere to the Law of Moses recorded in the Torah. I am not Jewish so I am not qualified to say. Regarding Christianity though, Jesus fulfilled mankind's part of the First Covenant detailed in the Torah, so all of mankind can now be reconciled to God through Jesus rather than individually and/or collectively practicing the Law of Moses. The Law was never done away with, and it does apply to Christians as well, but it has been fulfilled on our (and everyones) behalf.
                            Thanks for the clarification.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So Jesus's existence annihilated the requirements of the first part of the old testament for men to enter heaven? In other words, if you follow the new testament...the old testament laws, don't really apply? Isn't that the same as the Muslim beliefs?

Comment

• I'm only asking because the majority that I've read of the bible is the old testament. Why? Because when you go to church they typically only preach the new testament. The old testament only seems to be brought up when it's convenient.

Comment

Working...
                                X