Lunch with Warren Buffett already at $2.3M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch with Warren Buffett already at $2.3M

Four days left to go. Final bid last year was only $2.6 million. What is funny is that I am virtually certain that he would say that no one should buy this.

Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

damn, someone out bid my 2 million dollar bid

Comment

Guess my $600 for 4 hours with him was a hell of a deal!! (no, it wasn't one-on-one but still... had great access and got to personally ask him questions.)
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Guess my $600 for 4 hours with him was a hell of a deal!! (no, it wasn't one-on-one but still... had great access and got to personally ask him questions.)
        Didn't he speak at McCombs or something like that? I remember the story. By the way, Jody, my kid got a pretty nice gig and will be back here in Dallas!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          damn, someone out bid my 2 million dollar bid
          Fucking bloody hell mate, I'm watching "Chopper" right now on IFC...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Didn't he speak at McCombs or something like that? I remember the story. By the way, Jody, my kid got a pretty nice gig and will be back here in Dallas!
            No, the McCombs MBA Fund guys get to go see him yearly in Omaha right before the Berkshire shareholder meeting. He spends 3 hours talking with students and then we have lunch with him at Piccolo's. My buddy got to ride in the car with him from his office to lunch. Congrats to her!
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              No, the McCombs MBA Fund guys get to go see him yearly in Omaha right before the Berkshire shareholder meeting. He spends 3 hours talking with students and then we have lunch with him at Piccolo's. My buddy got to ride in the car with him from his office to lunch. Congrats to her!
              Ah! I thought it had something to do with the school.

Comment

Yeah I got a phone call today from the company that is doing the "prequalifying" for bids on it. Apparently they felt since I was bidding on Ellentvs Items ( She had Dallas mavs stuff auctioning to help with the tornado victims) that I would be interested in that... I won't make that kind of money in my lifetime

Comment

Working...
                X