I believe that China is slowly trying to kill/weaken the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    All I know is that I don't buy any Tilapia from China (which seems like that's all there is).
    Originally posted by The King View Post
    It used to come from South America too, but I don't know if it still does.

Another Chinese (or Bangaladeshi) no-no is shrimp.
    Most out-of-season crawfish comes from Vietnam and China, and a bit of the in-season also. Most of the frozen catfish you buy in big-name grocery stores come from Vietnam and China.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

What on earth did we all do before all these regulations? I just dont understand the mentality of people who are afraid of everything. We had lead paints and asbestos for decades, cars with no seatbelts, kids didnt wear helmets, etc... we are all still here today.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        What on earth did we all do before all these regulations? I just dont understand the mentality of people who are afraid of everything. We had lead paints and asbestos for decades, cars with no seatbelts, kids didnt wear helmets, etc... we are all still here today.

Try telling that to people with lead poisoning, and the people that died from asbestos. Oh, wait....
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Beat me too it.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

WTF kind of logic is that? Now that we KNOW its bad, we don't keep still doing it.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

WTF kind of logic is that? Now that we KNOW its bad, we don't keep still doing it.
              Exactly. And back in the day a LOT more of what we consumed, we made ourselves here in the USA. Sorry if I don't trust Communist China to supply me with safe food to eat.

Comment

They dont have to kill us, they own us already with the mounds of debt we owe to them. It wouldn't make sense to try to harm the very people that are slaves to their market.

Comment

Sort of like how we killed the soviet union by starving their money and such. Not that it wasn't doomed to failure anyway. But we helped. And china is now helping us.

Comment

china has always dreamed of eradicating the american people without harming the land. it is our land they want. do some research. even as far back as wwll they were thinking this. china is a shitty piece of real estate . they cant feed the people , have killed the majority of their fresh water ways. their days are numbered .

Comment

Talk about China killing us...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        china has always dreamed of eradicating the american people without harming the land. it is our land they want. do some research. even as far back as wwll they were thinking this. china is a shitty piece of real estate . they cant feed the people , have killed the majority of their fresh water ways. their days are numbered .
                        Call me completely crazy, but I've always thought it would be really cool if we could somehow "displace" all the chinese people and take their land. China is a really pretty place. Especially if it were filled with americans instead of chinese roaches. The cretins cloning and feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Try telling that to people with lead poisoning, and the people that died from asbestos. Oh, wait....

I understand what you are saying, I guess my idea was misconstrued. The fact our EPA and other government agencies such tight control of manufacturing processes, it is not profitable to manufacture here in the states. Over regulation of business has led companies to outsource more and more these days where there is little to no quality control or proper oversight.

Im not saying lead based paints are good for us, or asbestos is a good thing, but generations have survived bad things. We need some oversight but now a days, the government is killing business and they ship manufacturing somewhere cheaper.

The idea that China is trying to intentionally kill people is a little crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                            Call me completely crazy, but I've always thought it would be really cool if we could somehow "displace" all the chinese people and take their land. China is a really pretty place. Especially if it were filled with americans instead of chinese roaches. The cretins cloning and feeding.
                            Wow, Classy Adolph Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Wow, Classy Adolph Hitler.
                              Sigh... I know. I have come to realize that I find much of his beliefs to have a certain... merit. Although they are completely evil. I think he serves as a good example, of what NOT to believe in. I mean most of his stuff was designed to have a positive effect. As long as you weren't one of the ones that needed to be weeded out.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, I guess my idea was misconstrued. The fact our EPA and other government agencies such tight control of manufacturing processes, it is not profitable to manufacture here in the states. Over regulation of business has led companies to outsource more and more these days where there is little to no quality control or proper oversight.

Im not saying lead based paints are good for us, or asbestos is a good thing, but generations have survived bad things. We need some oversight but now a days, the government is killing business and they ship manufacturing somewhere cheaper.

The idea that China is trying to intentionally kill people is a little crazy.
                                They're not trying to kill us, but the lack of government oversight and safety regulations gives the bad/tainted quality from China. They short-cut the heck outta everything, and if something bad goes in...oh well. They're all about the bottom line, too. More dollars any way they can skim it. In my line of work, I've has three instances where they've spontaneously, without asking, switched materials on products. Only after quality issues did we find out about it.

I'd argue to say over-taxation and cheaper-labor are two key contributors to overseas flight of manufacturing. Gov't safety regulations would be lower on that list, in my opinion.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X