What the hell is wrong with the NLRB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is wrong with the NLRB?

They want Boeing to move an entire facility and make it a union shop? Fuck my 401k again!

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Unions & Obama

'nuff said......

Comment

What I'm wondering is why they care? Open it up, proceed forward and buy the local police to arrest any union flash mobs. I'm sure the Obama administration would sue but it would be tied up in courts for years.

Comment

When the liberals start pissing and moaning about companies packing up and moving overseas, they won't remember this at all. The unions and their paid politicians won't stop until they kill what's left of our economy.

Comment

It's all grand standing by a bunch of politicans. First off the National Labor Relations Board isn't in the pockets of any union. For every decision they make for Unions I can show you 10 against unions. Unions can take grievances to the Board, but it's like going infront of any court of law. There are no guarantees.

Second Off every one of those Senators that are bitching voted to put the current board in place. Members of the board are nominated by the president, voted on by the senate, and serve 5 years with one seat coming open every year.

That story is being used to stir everyone up. It's no secret jobs are tough right now and good jobs are even harder to find. So of course every state is going to fight tooth and nail to keep what jobs they have or to get new ones. It doesn't matter if they are union jobs or not.

Comment

I can't speak to the rulings you mentioned, FT, and frankly, I'm more concerned with this one. The fact of the matter is that Boeing is like GM, in regards to the amount of the market it affects. It's a really really big chunk of America's industrial economy, and it typically does well. This just seems unnecessary, and the argument for moving down there is legitimate. There's no reason to shut a company down anymore for a strike.
            Last edited by YALE; 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              I can't speak to the rulings you mentioned, FT, and frankly, I'm more concerned with this one. The fact of the matter is that Boeing is like GM, in regards to the amount of the market it affects. It's a really really big chunk of America's industrial economy, and it typically does well. This just seems unnecessary, and the argument for moving down there is legitimate. There's nonreason to shut a company down anymore for a strike.
              It's all grandstanding. The current chairman of the board was first voted in by a republican senate during Clintons last term. Then Bush nominated her twice during his Presidency and both times she was voted in by the senate.
              So if they really want to point fingers point them at themselves.

These Politicans treat voters just like Corporations treat union workers. Keep the voters and workers fighting against each other so they don't have the time,energy, or money to fight the Politicans and Corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                It's all grandstanding. The current chairman of the board was first voted in by a republican senate during Clintons last term. Then Bush nominated her twice during his Presidency and both times she was voted in by the senate.
                So if they really want to point fingers point them at themselves.

These Politicans treat voters just like Corporations treat union workers. Keep the voters and workers fighting against each other so they don't have the time,energy, or money to fight the Politicans and Corporations.
                As a union member, I think you can provide unique insight on matters like this. What I need from you, is a specific opinion on this specific matter. I don't however need generalized, rhetorical ad hominem attacks against those outside the union.

I need you to weigh the evidence at hand:
                Did Boeing put its plant in a non-union state in an effort to avoid shut downs in the future?
                Is that any different from any other company (Toyota/Nissan/BMW/etc.) building plants in non-union states?
                In your opinion, how does the NLRB's decision sit with you?

Please limit your opinions to the topics at hand, and refrain from looking at the computer screen with your finest cro-magnon face and proclaiming, "__________ good!" or, "__________ bad!"
                Last edited by YALE; 06-19-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  When the liberals start pissing and moaning about companies packing up and moving overseas, they won't remember this at all. The unions and their paid politicians won't stop until they kill what's left of our economy.
                  And notice, you'll get no reply to your statement, from the libtards that lurk around here. They're not just blind, they're willfully blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    As a union member, I think you can provide unique insight on matters like this. What I need from you, is a specific opinion on this specific matter. I don't however need generalized, rhetorical ad hominem attacks against those outside the union.

I need you to weigh the evidence at hand:
                    Did Boeing put its plant in a non-union state in an effort to avoid shut downs in the future?
                    Is that any different from any other company (Toyota/Nissan/BMW/etc.) building plants in non-union states?
                    In your opinion, how does the NLRB's decision sit with you?

Please limit your opinions to the topics at hand, and refrain from looking at the computer screen with your finest cro-magnon face and proclaiming, "__________ good!" or, "__________ bad!"
                    I dont think Boeing is moving it's plant to avoid a strike shutdown. Strikes just don't last that long and most never happen just empty threats. They are doing it to get cheaper wages and benefits. It's different from other companies like Toyota and Nissan because they don't run union factories in the United States as part of their business plan. Union shops fall under different rules and laws so it's not comparing apples to apples.

With out reading more into it I'll give you my opinion based on that article, but that article has several untruths listed as facts. First off if Boeing broke the law they broke the law. Shouldn't Corporations, Unions, Politicans, and everyone else pay the price if they break the law. To many times they want to play puppet master and don't want you looking behind the curtains. Don't you want someone looking out to catch people breaking the law? All the NLRB did was do their jobs.

I'm guessing the Law they broke is New York Dock Protection. With New York Dock Protection it prohibits company's from selling out their workers' jobs. If an employee has to endure a loss of position, pay, or countless other benefits the company is on the hook to make that employee whole plus extras. Depending on the case those protections could last 6 years, 10 years, or for as long as the employee continues to work. With New York Dock they also can't just fire everyone. They have to keep them on the payroll and working in some form or fashion.

I know the article and several Republican Senators paint the NRLB as some liberal big bad boogey man, but shouldn't boeing be called on to the carpet for not having smarter executives and lawyers to prevent them from breaking the law.
                    Last edited by FreightTrain; 06-19-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Boeing is putting the plant in South Carolina because they are afraid that the threat of work stoppages will cause them to lose business to competitors.

If I was Boeing I would just move everything overseas and then laugh all the way to the bank.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I dont think Boeing is moving it's plant to avoid a strike shutdown. Strikes just don't last that long and most never happen just empty threats. They are doing it to get cheaper wages and benefits. It's different from other companies like Toyota and Nissan because they don't run union factories in the United States as part of their business plan. Union shops fall under different rules and laws so it's not comparing apples to apples.

With out reading more into it I'll give you my opinion based on that article, but that article has several untruths listed as facts. First off if Boeing broke the law they broke the law. Shouldn't Corporations, Unions, Politicans, and everyone else pay the price if they break the law. To many times they want to play puppet master and don't want you looking behind the curtains. Don't you want someone looking out to catch people breaking the law? All the NLRB did was do their jobs.

I'm guessing the Law they broke is New York Dock Protection. With New York Dock Protection it prohibits company's from selling out their workers' jobs. If an employee has to endure a loss of position, pay, or countless other benefits the company is on the hook to make that employee whole plus extras. Depending on the case those protections could last 6 years, 10 years, or for as long as the employee continues to work. With New York Dock they also can't just fire everyone. They have to keep them on the payroll and working in some form or fashion.

I know the article and several Republican Senators paint the NRLB as some liberal big bad boogey man, but shouldn't boeing be called on to the carpet for not having smarter executives and lawyers to prevent them from breaking the law.
                        Thank you very much. That's what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Boeing is putting the plant in South Carolina because they are afraid that the threat of work stoppages will cause them to lose business to competitors.

If I was Boeing I would just move everything overseas and then laugh all the way to the bank.

Boeing isn't an innocent by stander in all this either. Work Stoppages are just as much Boeing's fault as it is the unions. The last time the union went on strike was because Boeing was only offering $66 a month pension for every year of service and the Union was asking for $70 a month. It would of cost Boeing an extra 50 million bucks to give the union what it was asking for coming from a company that has sales of 54 billion a year. So what did they do. They told the union to eat dick and they went on strike costing Boeing 300 million.

My worry isn't with Boeing or the Union. Think about all the communities, cities, and the State that will be devastated if and when they pull out. It would suck total monkey balls to be a business owner or home owner in one of those places. Your business or home value would disappear over night. Hell you yourself might not even have a job. Those big union factories have thousands of non union jobs tied to them in the form of suppliers, trasnport companys, restaurants, hotels, bars, you name it.

Comment

Boeing isn't an innocent by stander in all this either. Work Stoppages are just as much Boeing's fault as it is the unions. The last time the union went on strike was because Boeing was only offering $66 a month pension for every year of service and the Union was asking for $70 a month. It would of cost Boeing an extra 50 million bucks to give the union what it was asking for coming from a company that has sales of 54 billion a year. So what did they do. They told the union to eat dick and they went on strike costing Boeing 300 million.

My worry isn't with Boeing or the Union. Think about all the communities, cities, and the State that will be devastated if and when they pull out. It would suck total monkey balls to be a business owner or home owner in one of those places. Your business or home value would disappear over night. Hell you yourself might not even have a job. Those big union factories have thousands of non union jobs tied to them in the form of suppliers, trasnport companys, restaurants, hotels, bars, you name it.
                            You say all that like Boeing owes the union members that extra $4 a month or they owe people in those towns anything at all. Fact is, they don't. No matter what your Marxist union leaders tell you, Boeing doesn't owe anyone anything. And if the workers don't like it then they are free to find another job. If people in those towns don't like it, they can move. It is called freedom. Just like Boeing is free to ship jobs overseas if they feel like it. Evidently they can't give people in South Carolina jobs though, that is "against the law".

As for your earlier point about members of the NRLB being approved by the Senate, how long has that particular body been in the hands of the Democrats, can you tell us?
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

One of these days we will wake up and read the headline: BOEING MOVES ALL MANUFACTURING TO (Insert other country) Next might come FORD and any other company that is not owned by the Dems. All that will be left is Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                              X