No announcement yet.

Fight over teaching evolution in Texas fizzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, when postulating anything that is not expressly written in the Bible, their hypothesis are mostly their own opinions alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Sorry, bro. I gave you an opportunity to speak your case, but you instead just wanted to say how "uneducated" I am and not want to address issues. I even went as far as starting to go through them with you one at a time so nothing would get lost in translation. LOL

I didn't mean to make you cry or throw a fit. Again, I am truely sorry.
      I asked you for a list of issues, you still refuse to provide said list. I'm not going to go through this one issue at a time with you, I never said I wouldn't educate you, just that there were certain requirements I had of you before I invested my time in doing so. And yes, you are uneducated on this topic. When you are willing to provide said list, then we'll go from there, but I'm not going to chase you around and continually ask you "what else." We'll never get anywhere that way.

Comment

• I was created by my Lord and Savior and Amen to that. For the rest of you heathens, well, you came from monkey jizz. Which explains why we have so much Animal Erotica and Depravity in our society today. What's wrong with teaching science in a public school and religion in a christian school? As a matter of fact we should be taught both.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Only one of those is a theory, and Creationism isn't it. Creationism only counts as a hypothesis and has no actual evidence supporting it,

As soon as you can prove god created the earth, I'm sure it will be given some thought. Until such time, to even attempt to assert that god created the earth and remain honest would be impossible.

Only your beliefs require faith. Mine are backed with evidence, logic, and reason.

You are the only person that believes that something came from nothing. The big bang theory states that all the matter for everything everywhere was condensed down into a very small point, then expanded, and continues to expand.

Wrong, the big bang theory can and has been proven, unlike your god hypothesis.

Just because people believe something doesn't make it true. That which you describe in this sentence is a classic case of appealing to a common practice.

It is taught as a theory. So tell me, what is your problem then?

I will agree, with the following condition. People should know what others believe, but they should also know that what some people believe is not based in fact and evidence and it should not be taught in schools.
          You are so full of crap I can smell it from here. I guess I missed where the big bang theory turned into the big bang fact. That small point of matter that is expanding....where did it come from? You don't know. That is where faith comes in. You saying there is absolutely no proof of creationism just shows you are ignorant. Again, I guess the 5 billion people who believe in God must be wrong and you must be right. I am so glad the world has you to bring us out of the darkness into the light...believing some matter that came from...well somewhere...and formed goo that eventually evolved into human beings is way more rational than a Supreme Being created everything.

Comment

• Theory = Fact/Law and he will not explain it in detail. In fact, he'll make a half-assed intellipost only on the coat tails of someone else. If you don't like it, you can excuse yourself from the conversation.

By the way, you're uneducated. Now that that is said, nothing you say is valid.

racrguy wins again!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneonejuan11!!

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              You have an assertion with no evidence, therefore you can explain nothing. And only believers have faith.
              You have the exact same amount of evidence that he has lol. That's what you can't get through your head. You have evidence that species can adapt and literally change form over time to better suit their environment. Nothing more. Prove otherwise. Your theory of "creation" has the exact same credibility, scientifically, as his theory of creation. Its just sad that you'll never see that. And thats an awful baby you have in your sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                I was created by my Lord and Savior and Amen to that. For the rest of you heathens, well, you came from monkey jizz. Which explains why we have so much Animal Erotica and Depravity in our society today. What's wrong with teaching science in a public school and religion in a christian school? As a matter of fact we should be taught both.
                Yeah, because the Christians have cornered morality. Headlines from today alone.

Norweigan fundamentalist Christian to stand trial for killings. Likens himself to Knights Templar in 'war' against Islam.
                Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Christian church Brother found guilty of serial sex offences with boys in Melbourne, Australia. Protected complicity by the Catholic Church.
                A Christian Brother who has pleaded guilty to serial sex offences against young boys was confronted by his victims in a Melbourne court on Monday.

Catholic church apologises for forcing young mothers to give up children for adoption.
                The healthcare arm of the Catholic Church in Australia has apologised to the victims of forced adoption practices dating back 50 years.

Irish parliament addressed on Catholic Church cover-up of child rape and torture in Cork County.
                The Vatican recalls its representative in Ireland after a damning report on the Catholic Church's handling of child abuse by priests.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                  Yeah, because the Christians have cornered morality. Headlines from today alone.

Norweigan fundamentalist Christian to stand trial for killings. Likens himself to Knights Templar in 'war' against Islam.
                  Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Christian church Brother found guilty of serial sex offences with boys in Melbourne, Australia. Protected complicity by the Catholic Church.
                  A Christian Brother who has pleaded guilty to serial sex offences against young boys was confronted by his victims in a Melbourne court on Monday.

Catholic church apologises for forcing young mothers to give up children for adoption.
                  The healthcare arm of the Catholic Church in Australia has apologised to the victims of forced adoption practices dating back 50 years.

Irish parliament addressed on Catholic Church cover-up of child rape and torture in Cork County.
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14272988
                  Wow... you were able to grab a few events connected somehow to Christianity. Now what about the other 3459786435987432057 things these heathens are doing?

Comment

• Anyone think that eventually there will be a new gospel added to the bible to help offset advancements in science?

It could use it in order to increase it's current and future relevance strengthening the church's position in the modern world.

Comment

Anyone think that eventually there will be a new gospel added to the bible to help offset advancements in science?

It could use it in order to increase it's current and future relevance strengthening the church's position in the modern world.
                      Ummm... no. It already has everything we need until the end.

Comment

Wow... you were able to grab a few events connected somehow to Christianity. Now what about the other 3459786435987432057 things these heathens are doing?

It's no big deal. I'm trying not to get seriously involved in this cluster, but it's laughable to blame all of today's problems on someone else as if Christians have exclusive rights to the moral high-ground.

Comment

Anyone think that eventually there will be a new gospel added to the bible to help offset advancements in science?

the bible has been rewritten and altered more then any book in history, but I think science would negate the need for faith, so no I cant see something like that happening.

Comment

It's no big deal. I'm trying not to get seriously involved in this cluster, but it's laughable to blame all of today's problems on someone else as if Christians have exclusive rights to the moral high-ground.
                            I've always seen being a Christian as recognizing my inadequacies in all areas, needing Christ in my life since I fall short of God's expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
                              the bible has been rewritten and altered more then any book in history, but I think science would negate the need for faith, so no I cant see something like that happening.
                              Right. It was originally a party manual for hanging with tax collectors, hookers and murderers; not to mention banging multiple wives and family members... good times.

Comment

Ummm... no. It already has everything we need until the end.
                                It's not like it was all written at once. If gospels written several hundred years apart make up the book what's wrong with adding a new gospel now?

Comment

Working...
                                X