Fight over teaching evolution in Texas fizzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    My previous reply had nothing to do with evolution, rather it concerned your incorrect statement about what "they" believe. Even within the first Book of the Bible, should anyone actually read it for themselves, it is obvious everything in Creation did not remain the same as it was at the time of it's genesis. So, who is it exactly that believes that and on what authority?
    I've actually read through Genesis and can't remember any time where it described life changing over any amount of time since it was supposedly created. Again, burden of proof. I say something doesn't exist, you say something does exist(this is directed at Father Stangs as well), the burden of proof lies with you. I don't have to disprove something that has no evidence supporting it's existence. You need to prove that it does exist.

I know this is not going anywhere, but I honestly can't believe how you guys can't grasp this concept. You're obviously not stupid people so I don't get how any of what y'all are saying seems even remotely...I don't even know how to put it...solid?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      I've actually read through Genesis and can't remember any time where it described life changing over any amount of time since it was supposedly created. Again, burden of proof. I say something doesn't exist, you say something does exist(this is directed at Father Stangs as well), the burden of proof lies with you. I don't have to disprove something that has no evidence supporting it's existence. You need to prove that it does exist.

I know this is not going anywhere, but I honestly can't believe how you guys can't grasp this concept. You're obviously not stupid people so I don't get how any of what y'all are saying seems even remotely...I don't even know how to put it...solid?
      It doesn't matter. You won't address what is specifically brought up, just fall back to "You only think what the Bible says blindly without looking at anything else." I've told you that is where you are wrong and I have put it out here for you and all the others to see.

Burden of proof? I've covered that as well in a following post, yet you seem to conveniently miss that one as well.

Good luck in your own little world, Poop.

Comment

I've actually read through Genesis and can't remember any time where it described life changing over any amount of time since it was supposedly created.
        The introduction of sin into our world profoundly changed all of Creation, especially mankind.

This is all plainly recorded in Genesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Good luck in your own little world, Poop.
          If telling people this helps you sleep at night while a magical being watches over and your family, then more power to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            The introduction of sin into our world profoundly changed all of Creation, especially mankind.

This is all plainly recorded in Genesis.
            How so? Evolution is specific to physiological changes. How did sin change us?

Comment

If telling people this helps you sleep at night while a magical being watches over and your family, then more power to you.
              That's it?

Comment

How so? Evolution is specific to physiological changes. How did sin change us?
                We became imperfect, our outlook on everything and thought process changed, we started feeling pain/aging/dying, we became omnivores, we became physically reproductive... we EVOLVED!!! LMAO!

Comment

That's it?
                  That's it man. No point in arguing with somebody that believes in magic. Just like there's no point in arguing with a closed-minded kid like myself.

Comment

We became imperfect, our outlook on everything and thought process changed, we started feeling pain/aging/dying, we became omnivores, we became physically reproductive... we EVOLVED!!! LMAO!
                    So we were sexless, ageless, and painless? ...and you say that I'm the one who lives in my own little world.

Comment

• Just argue your theory in hell you hethens. lol
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

So we were sexless, ageless, and painless? ...and you say that I'm the one who lives in my own little world.
                        If you have a more valid argument stating otherwise, I'll take the Word of God since neither of us were there, but He was.

Comment

If you have a more valid argument stating otherwise, I'll take the Word of God since neither of us were there, but He was.
                          But wait Denny, Science has not proven....errr... theorized he was there?
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            But wait Denny, Science has not proven....errr... theorized he was there?
                            But isn't science about ruling out all possibilities until a conclusion is reached?

Comment

But isn't science about ruling out all possibilities until a conclusion is reached?
                              It's about writing stuff in a book and then everybody can reference it saying science thinks so.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                                It's about writing stuff in a book and then everybody can reference it saying science thinks so.
                                Hmmm... sounds oddly familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X