• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    FACT: We came from monkeys...

ROTFLMMFGDAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit, bros; I'm dying here!
    This is the largest misconception about evolution that creationists have.

No one claims that we came from monkeys. Only that once upon a time today's primates had a common ancestor.

Maybe you know this, but most creationists don't.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Embarrassment? Hardly. The thought of us evolving from other creatures is simply laughable.
      So you're too proud to think that you can come from something else. You should lose your ego and realize you're just another animal on the face of this planet.

Originally posted by Denny
      You can take science and manipulate a thought to lean that direction. That simple-minded "scientist," Darwin did so and he had a lot of people believing his bad trip. Congrats.
      Yes, he did a good job convincing other sections of biology that what they were already discovering was right. Remember Darwin merely came up with the mechanism (natural selection) of how evolution works. We've since discovered other mechanisms, artificial selection, and sexual selection.

Originally posted by Denny
      I'm cool with people beliving that shit based on faith (either way), but don't try to shove theories down anyone's throat as fact and try to mandate that it is the only curriculum taught in public schools. You can take that Nazi shit and shove it straight up your ass. Straight up there.
      Why do you continually have to be explained what a scientific theory is? A scientific theory has been peer reviewed and proven to be true. Scientific theories are true, whereas a hypothesis is merely an idea that hasn't gone through the peer review process yet.

That "Nazi shit" was thrown out the same time prayer was removed from school in the Engel v Vitale case in 1962. More specifically, you wanting creationism in school is exactly "Nazi shit" because in Mien Kampf Hitler said
      Originally posted by Hitler in Mein Kampf, p.60
      Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
      Notice the "Almighty Creator" part
      Originally posted by Hitler in a speech delivered April 12 1922
      My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
      I'll just leave this here:

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      "Global warming" is a great example of bullshit science. Nothing else in our history has had more money wasted on it than this rediculous "study"...other than the "theory of evolution". We still pay nerds big money to dig up dinosaur bones, and all it proves is that there were dinosaurs. Just because our government throws billions of dollars at a study, doesn't mean their conclusions are right.

A lot of the same guys on this board that think our government is a fraud, are the same ones that believe their silly-assed studies.
      If it's bullshit science, then you can provide evidence that proves it wrong. Don't worry, I'll wait. (to steal a line from the forever intelligent Forever_frost) And just so you know, the global warming/climate change/whatever they're calling it now stretches across borders, and has been peer reviewed by people from more than just the US. So unless you think there's some big conspiracy from the scientific community regarding this, your statements about people thinking our government is a fraud therefore climate change is a fraud are baseless.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      If there was verifiable and reproducible proof of macro evolution, we'd have a law of evolution, not a theory. Kind of like the law of gravity. As science cannot explain how we got here or our origins, nor provide links between the different stages we are said to have gone through, to believe that we evolved from single celled organisms is an act of faith. Plain and simple
      Macro and Micro evolution are creationist terms. Science does not differentiate between the two because it's all evolution. Scientific laws do not work the same way that colloquial laws do. Laws, when referring to science describe theories. They make it simpler to understand.

We do have links between the different stages we are said to have gone through. And guess what, you are one of the stages between what we were, and what we are becoming. Keep in mind, evolution happens over thousands and millions of years in complex animals, not tens or hundreds. In the e-coli experiment Maddhattter linked to it was done over 45,000 generations. If the average human lives 70 years for 45,000 generations the timespan is 3,150,000 years. Does that put things into perspective for you?

Comment

Embarrassment? Hardly. The thought of us evolving from other creatures is simply laughable.
        I'm cool with people beliving that shit based on faith (either way), but don't try to shove theories down anyone's throat as fact and try to mandate that it is the only curriculum taught in public schools. You can take that Nazi shit and shove it straight up your ass. Straight up there.
        Excluding the fossil record of all natural selection forced evolution has happened among humans and other animals during recorded history which is just a single grain of sand throughout the entirety of the hourglass of time.

In only a few generations we were able to mold many things to suit a specific purpose. Major changes will be seen over millions of generations.

It's probably clear that I would like children to be taught what is based on evidence/science/reality over what is based on faith/religious belief/mythology.

What if Muslims became the majority? I don't think Christians would be too happy if another faith's beliefs became gov't forced indoctrination. I think the gov't should be out of the business of religion. It's corrupt enough as is and doesn't need the vileness of politics to manipulate it further.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I'll be the first to admit, there was a lot outside of my pay grade. Psychology or criminal law? Those are my wheel houses and I'm pretty good with both. However, reading it, what I saw was the researcher said "I took fly x and had them mate with fly y and got fly z." He took 2 already existing creatures of the same species and induced them to mate in a controlled environment. What the leap is, is to say "humans came from nothing, moved up to apes and from there, became as we are" whereas I'm saying "we were created as we are and our environment caused biological changes and modifications to us to help us survive in the environments our ancestors chose." Now, which takes more faith?
          Which takes more faith? Creation, because there's no evidence for it what so ever, and never will be.

It's not as simple as "humans came from nothing". You are skipping millions of years of evolution and speciation. Remember, the human species is only about 200,000 years old. Life is 3 to 4 billion years old. That's a lot of evolution.

Comment

You silly fellows... nothing has been proven either way. At least I have the intellect to claim faith. You have it in evolution, but deny it with "peer reviewed" crap. Whatever makes you sleep better at night, I guess.

Comment

You silly fellows... nothing has been proven either way. At least I have the intellect to claim faith. You have it in evolution, but deny it with "peer reviewed" crap. Whatever makes you sleep better at night, I guess.
              Claiming faith takes zero intellect, it takes faith...

Comment

You are wrong. Wholly and completely wrong. With the exception of you claiming faith. But you lack intellect in doing so, based on the dictionary definition of the term.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  You are wrong. Wholly and completely wrong. With the exception of you claiming faith. But you lack intellect in doing so, based on the dictionary definition of the term.
                  Evolution is not proven. Your faith in it not only owns you, but blinds you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    Claiming faith takes zero intellect, it takes faith...
                    Right. So we're all in the same boat on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Yeah except for all the evidence one of us has...

Comment

Speak for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                          Yeah except for all the evidence one of us has...
                          I hope the government paid for that degree and not out of your pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Speak for yourself.
                            LMAO!!! Poor fuckers on here...

Comment

Evolution is not proven. Your faith in it not only owns you, but blinds you as well.
                              Evolution is proven, you choose to ignore the evidence proving it true. Yet you'll lay your allegiances to a ~2000 year old book with absolutely no evidence supporting it. Your faith blinds you and owns you.

Comment

I hope the government paid for that degree and not out of your pocket.
                                Well, I'm much better educated on the topic at hand than you are...slapping around deniers has been about all my degree has been useful for so far. But that's getting boring already because all ya'll do is continue to deny.

Comment

Working...
                                X