Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of gov't seizures

Click link for full article

Federal prosecutors on Monday tried to take a hoard of silver "Liberty Dollars" worth about $7 million that authorities say was invented by an Indiana man to compete with U.S. currency.

Bernard von NotHaus, 67, was convicted last month in federal court in Statesville on conspiracy and counterfeiting charges for making and selling the currency, which he promoted as inflation-proof competition for the U.S. dollar.

His Charlotte-based lawyer, Aaron Michel, is appealing that verdict. He wrote in a motion filed Thursday that von NotHaus did nothing wrong because he didn't try to pass the Liberty Dollars off as U.S. dollars.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

If they did that to me, I can guarantee that there would be a pool of dead when I got done.

Comment

/Whistles innocently and walks away...

Comment

Ha! I'm from Statesville, NC. I'll have to see if any of my family there knows this guy.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            /Whistles innocently and walks away...
            Denny Dollars?
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, the federal gov is pulling out the mafia tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                If they did that to me, I can guarantee that there would be a pool of dead when I got done.
                I had some creepy old guy tell me that if I ever needed to kill anyone, bring the body to his hog farm and they'd never even find a bone fragment. Never even got his name but it was back when I was a young teen and I was quite afraid.

Comment

Working...
                X