Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congress wants a raise!

Are they serious???

Everyone complains about their job now and then, and members of Congress are no exception. A few lawmakers have suggested in recent months that despite a $174,000 annual salary, generous health care and pensions, and perks for things like travel and mail, being one of the elite 435 ain't always what it's cracked up to [...]

$174,000 salary plus health care plans, etc. isn't enough according to many of them. We need to vote out every bum in D.C.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    Are they serious???

Everyone complains about their job now and then, and members of Congress are no exception. A few lawmakers have suggested in recent months that despite a $174,000 annual salary, generous health care and pensions, and perks for things like travel and mail, being one of the elite 435 ain't always what it's cracked up to [...]

$174,000 salary plus health care plans, etc. isn't enough according to many of them. We need to vote out every bum in D.C.
    What's sad is we get no say in their pay.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

If absolutely no one voted at the next election, would that mean no one can take office?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        If absolutely no one voted at the next election, would that mean no one can take office?
        Can't happen, members of congress vote for themselves in local elections. They shouldn't even get a paycheck until they can actually pass a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Can't happen, members of congress vote for themselves in local elections. They shouldn't even get a paycheck until they can actually pass a budget.
          So, if they each got one vote, then it is a tie, and a new election begins.

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Needless to say, it would show real concern and sympathy for the rest of the country if it was voted down.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Some of the most successful people in our society are building wealth, ya don't say!

That list sucks.

I don't believe that public political service should make you weatlhy alone, but I have nothing against financially successful individuals serving. In fact, I want people who have made some money in the real world to be in office.

Some of the vids on the site spell it out better, but I don't want to have to watch all the vids on this guy's site to get the jist of his message.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

If I ran, I'd demand my pay be on the military officer's pay grades and the same health benefits as military. Seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    If I ran, I'd demand my pay be on the military officer's pay grades and the same health benefits as military. Seems fair to me.
                    +1 on this I don't see it much different in my eyes your performing a service for the country put them all on the same pay scale.

Comment

"This job don't mean that much to me."

That line right there about sums it up for me. Its an honored position to represent people you dipshit. It does take a special type of person to do public service and they are whining like its a private career. I think this train of thought is part of the problem, we need people in the positions that REALLY want to do the job and arent just there for the money.

Comment

Guess which congressman had never participated in the pension plan because he feels it is "immoral", returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year, and has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                          Guess which congressman had never participated in the pension plan because he feels it is "immoral", returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year, and has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay?
                          Thats easy! ;p

Comment

One that lies or does not exist.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                              One that lies or does not exist.
                              Ron Paul, my guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X