2 Million people about to loose unemployment checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Problem is, people are too proud to live with less. People in the great depression sucked it up and lived how they could. I know a person the remembers living in a tent near a riverbed and digging up clams to eat during the depression.

God forbid we do that again...everyone's gotta be a $30K millionaire.
    Not really a problem when the check stops coming to the mailbox and they have no choice.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      Problem is, people are too proud to live with less. People in the great depression sucked it up and lived how they could. I know a person the remembers living in a tent near a riverbed and digging up clams to eat during the depression.

God forbid we do that again...everyone's gotta be a $30K millionaire.
      see thats the problem...I want to live in the first world and not be surrounded by slums. if you turn society to an every man for himself type of system you end up turning the best country in the world into a 3rd world country. every developed country has to take care of the lows of their society.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        see thats the problem...I want to live in the first world and not be surrounded by slums. if you turn society to an every man for himself type of system you end up turning the best country in the world into a 3rd world country. every developed country has to take care of the lows of their society.
        This country survived just fine without welfare for many, many years. Thats what it was founded on. There would not be as many "lows of society" once the free checks stopped coming in.

Comment

Says who exactly, Hollywood? What made our country great was rugged individualism. No safety net existed for the first 120 years of our existence, and the Country was the beacon of Freedom to every other country on the planet. So much so, that France gave us a copper statue called lady liberty as a gift.

Get that bullshit out of here. " any developed country has to take care of it's poor"

I will counter with Benjamin Franklin

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it"

Comment

boo fucking hoo...

2 years? Fuck them

Comment

I don't know the last time you looked around, Stephen, but there are slums everywhere you look. Parts of DFW resemble third world countries. You know who lives in the slums? WELFARE RECIPIENTS! It's no coincidence. Go figure, that the same people that take no pride in a job, much less a job well done, take no pride in ownership of anything. Why? They usually don't own anything. That apartment they live in, is Section 8. That Escalade they drive, is owned by the tote the note car lot. You know why they don't have pride in ownership? Because they have no initiative. See, making things look and appear nice takes initiative. The same initiative, that they don't have, to get off their ass and provide for their families. So if they don't have it in one aspect, why would they have it in another?

I understand where you are coming from, but your logic in why and how things are the way they are, is... Well... Illogical. Welfare programs are a large part of what is wrong with America today. I know you're a lib, and we don't see eye to eye politically, but I'm trying to explain this the best way possible to open your eyes.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't want to work my butt off to pay for things for the lazy and useless that are able to work their own butts off to pay for their own things. We shouldn't have to, but we do anyways.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i was out of work for 6 months when i moved back here. i finally took a job at Mcdonalds because it paid something. after working there for a month and a half, i got the job im at now.

i couldn't draw unemployment because i was working in a different state.

Comment

Holy shit... I thought 'wood was just playing devil's advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Holy shit... I thought 'wood was just playing devil's advocate.
                      Nope. He actually believes it.

Comment

The countries that want to "take care of everybody", have the largest "slums" in the world...

Comment

Someday you just have to grow up and get off the teet.
                          class joke
                          {
                          private:
                          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                          double Peas, Carrots;
                          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                          };

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            The countries that want to "take care of everybody", have the largest "slums" in the world...

Vancouver, like most cities, has nice areas and shitty areas. The shitty areas are pretty bad and there are bums everywhere.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Vancouver, like most cities, has nice areas and shitty areas. The shitty areas are pretty bad and there are bums everywhere.
                              Russia and China come to mind. HUGE ghetto's, and no one knew of Russia's until the soviet union collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                                The worst personal tax rates, stagnant economies, constantly high levels of unemployment, etc, etc.

But hey, the bottom feeders live really well while sucking off of everyone else!

Fact is, we see signs of life in the employment picture here and now is just as good of a time as any to cut these people with 99 weeks under their belt off the teet.
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X