Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on the Tea Party Debate tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    We know he wants to bring troops home, but he begins almost every statement by saying that. It won't happen, and it's redundant. I liken RP's foreign policy to a man with a broken toe having his foot amputated. When he speaks of foreign policy or health care, there is no compromise, and even some over-reaction...which is interesting because I took a little beating from RP supporters when I stated that I don't like compromising with the dems in congress.
    They need to do some more research on who they are supporting obviously. I think alot of people are attracted to the fact that he is so adamant in what he believes in. But I can see where that could be an issue as well.

Comment

RP had a couple of opportunities to express himself, but opted to use our foreign policy (a couple of times) as the tool to balance the budget. He's become quite redundant, and even "tea partiers" would like to hear different ideas.

Though he didn't say,"let the man die", the inference was certainly there. Obviously, if the man is in ICU, a church organization can't care for him. This is the point on which Blitzer tried to get him to clarify.
      The ICU question was pretty dumb. In our society, we will not just let the man die. Doesnt matter who funds him...they wont let him die. I agree with RP. If you dont want comprehensive health insurance...pick up a cheap major medical for an accident. You pay the first $5k of a major stay (which will probably be day 1 at the hospital) and then insurance picks up the rest. We all make our choices and we need to live by them.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        The ICU question was pretty dumb. In our society, we will not just let the man die. Doesnt matter who funds him...they wont let him die. I agree with RP. If you dont want comprehensive health insurance...pick up a cheap major medical for an accident. You pay the first $5k of a major stay (which will probably be day 1 at the hospital) and then insurance picks up the rest. We all make our choices and we need to live by them.
        It was dumb, but he fell for it, and left the impression that he just didn't care. He didn't fare well last night.

Comment

It was dumb, but he fell for it, and left the impression that he just didn't care. He didn't fare well last night.
          I thought he did ok on the question. He stated that there are ways to fund it if the guy blatantly doesnt care that he might get sick. He offered other options other than comprehensive medical insurance. Blitzer is the one that kept trying to make him look bad and pushed for what he wanted to hear.

Id like to see Herman Cain as Vice-President... I love his no BS...this is my plan
          Last edited by 8mpg; 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            I thought he did ok on the question. He stated that there are ways to fund it if the guy blatantly doesnt care that he might get sick. He offered other options other than comprehensive medical insurance. Blitzer is the one that kept trying to make him look bad and pushed for what he wanted to hear.

Id like to see Herman Cain as Vice-President... I love his no BS...this is my plan
            but has vice president he won't get to do anything.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I like how in the polls and stuff people are like "We want to hear more from RP!!!"

And the media is like..."uhhhh anyways what did yall think of Perry and Romney?"

Hillarous how they force the Good Hair Candidates and ignore what the people are saying. Both those guys look like weirdos and fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
                I like how in the polls and stuff people are like "We want to hear more from RP!!!"

And the media is like..."uhhhh anyways what did yall think of Perry and Romney?"

Hillarous how they force the Good Hair Candidates and ignore what the people are saying. Both those guys look like weirdos and fakes.
                I heard enough from RP last night, as I have the last 20 years.

Comment

I heard enough from RP last night, as I have the last 20 years.
                  I'm not sure what issue you have with him stating the truth about 9/11. Who better to tell us what their motivation for attacking us than the attacker. Rick Santorum or whatever his name is a simpleton. Anyone who believes we are attacked just because we are free is ignoring what is going on in the world. Ron did well last night I thought. His comment did not get clarified about the guy with no med insurance. He said he never turned anyone away as a doctor. There is such a thing as a doctor who does charity, but at what point do we not make people responsible for their choices. Ron Paul is the only guy up there not working from scripted bullshit. He has stated himself he is not a great messenger, but I believe in most of his stances.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveFreeOrDie View Post
                    I'm not sure what issue you have with him stating the truth about 9/11. Who better to tell us what their motivation for attacking us than the attacker. Rick Santorum or whatever his name is a simpleton. Anyone who believes we are attacked just because we are free is ignoring what is going on in the world. Ron did well last night I thought. His comment did not get clarified about the guy with no med insurance. He said he never turned anyone away as a doctor. There is such a thing as a doctor who does charity, but at what point do we not make people responsible for their choices. Ron Paul is the only guy up there not working from scripted bullshit. He has stated himself he is not a great messenger, but I believe in most of his stances.
                    It's not just his opinion on 9-11, but his entire lack of foreign policy savvy. You're really new to this board, but I'll tell you what I've been saying for years: I like some of RP's policies, primarily, domestic issues. He is NOT this country's "savior". Does he need to be involved in our government by way of a cabinet position? Sure, but keep his ass in the country working on domestic issues.
                    His response to Blitzer about the sick guy, was awful. Truthful? Maybe, but awful. He knew it was not going to be well received. Plus, you had the loud-mouth's in the audience yelling,"Let him die!". THAT is why RP's followers and some "tea party" people are considered "nuts". Being "truthful" is not always best. Just ask your wife or significant other.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      It was mostly 7 or 8 people answering the question the same; except for Ron Paul who kept pulling shit out of left field, like when he started talking about Iraq and Afghanistan when they were talking about Social Security reform; I used to like him but he is starting to act more and more like Grampa Simpson every time he speaks.
                      He had that same problem during the last election. He's highly intelligent, and I agree with most of his platform, but those crazy tangents will continue to hold him back from being a serious contender.

Comment

Not only did he not turn anyone away, but he also refused to accept medicaid/medicare, and treated them for no to low cost. I think he's a highly intelligent man, as well as a man of his convictions, but the elections are won based on effective marketing to the largest group. Our country has FAR more free-loading idiots than intelligent people with a high degree of accountability... At this point, I think the best we can hope for is someone who can knock Obama out of office.

Comment

It's not just his opinion on 9-11, but his entire lack of foreign policy savvy. You're really new to this board, but I'll tell you what I've been saying for years: I like some of RP's policies, primarily, domestic issues. He is NOT this country's "savior". Does he need to be involved in our government by way of a cabinet position? Sure, but keep his ass in the country working on domestic issues.
                          His response to Blitzer about the sick guy, was awful. Truthful? Maybe, but awful. He knew it was not going to be well received. Plus, you had the loud-mouth's in the audience yelling,"Let him die!". THAT is why RP's followers and some "tea party" people are considered "nuts". Being "truthful" is not always best. Just ask your wife or significant other.
                          I'm not new here my sn just didn't move over with the new site and I have seen you post on RP before . I read his book Foreign Policy of Freedom and it seems he has been completely principled and consistent on foreign policy from his first days in office. Also he is the only one not paying lip service to the constitution and then saying that he will use executive orders to pass or resend what they want. I don't think he is a Savior just someone that should be given more than 30 seconds to speak. I applaud the fact that all the candidates are having to discuss the fed and I think that is due to Ron Paul bringing it into the lime light.

Comment

I'm not new here my sn just didn't move over with the new site and I have seen you post on RP before . I read his book Foreign Policy of Freedom and it seems he has been completely principled and consistent on foreign policy from his first days in office. Also he is the only one not paying lip service to the constitution and then saying that he will use executive orders to pass or resend what they want. I don't think he is a Savior just someone that should be given more than 30 seconds to speak. I applaud the fact that all the candidates are having to discuss the fed and I think that is due to Ron Paul bringing it into the lime light.
                            RP has definitely brought issues to the forefront that might not be addressed, just as the "tea party" has. I've never said he brings nothing to the table.

Comment

Working...
                            X