Kid with empty AT-4 tube goes to jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid with empty AT-4 tube goes to jail

Kali is full of fuck. Do a little research next time.

NOVATO, Calif. -- What started with a simple traffic stop Tuesday morning ended with a teen under arrest after officers spotted a rocket-propelled grenade launcher in the back seat of his SUV.

The big question that remained for police, the military, and many residents in Novato was how the teenager was able to get his hands on the destructive weapon.

Police said the bizarre incident began when the 15-year-old boy driving a blue Dodge Burango down Novato Boulevard was blasting loud music at around 9:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, which led officers to pull him over.

After the stop, officers saw the AT4 rocket propelled grenade or RPG launcher sitting unconcealed in the back of the vehicle. The single-shot, recoil-less weapon was developed in the early 1980s and is made in Sweden and the United States.

you can't reload these right? so whats' the big deal.

Comment

he is 15 and driving a car, chances are he did not have a license and deserves to be arrested simply for that.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        you can't reload these right? so whats' the big deal.
        You're right. It is a throw away item. Basically nothing more than a fiberglass tube.

Comment

Ya...but it's a "gun" and scary....and we just can't have that in California!

*edit*
          Holy over-reacting!!
          Not taking any chances, police shut down the busy thoroughfare and evacuated nearby businesses including the main library.

"I think I'm glad we evacuated," said library branch manager Eva Patterson.

Patients at a nearby medical office building couldn't get to their appointments.

"I heard helicopters and sirens and I went outside and a police officer told me what was going on," said Dr. Jay Skelton. "I was very surprised."

Some locals were unnerved when they heard the news.

"That's a little scary," said area resident Jeff Lomason. "Very scary."

A UC Berkeley bomb squad robot was put into action. Police said the RPG was fully functional, but the grenade itself wasn't found.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

My favorite part is how an inert AT-4 suddenly is a fully functional RPG...

The video they use to show how scary the AT-4 is, they fired the rockets, then threw the useless tube away, funny how that was overlooked.

Some patriots need to skip around berkley with inert AT-4's strapped to thier back.

Comment

Do they not know you can buy those at military surplus stores? What's next? Will someone get arrested for having one of those big wooden training rounds? Fuck!
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Wait, where does it say its "empty" like you said in the title? I may have missed it, but it sounds like in article it was "live".
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

A 15-year-old boy was arrested Tuesday for possession of a destructive device after a 4-foot rocket launcher was found in the backseat of the SUV he was driving, Novato police said.

even in this article it states, same as above. wtf..
                  "The single-shot, recoilless weapon was developed in the early 1980s and is made in Sweden and the United States."

@harrison, in another article it says they could not find the warhead just the tube.
                  here's the quote in the original article.
                  "A UC Berkeley bomb squad robot was put into action. Police said the RPG was fully functional, but the grenade itself wasn't found."

Comment

I see the video now. Well, If they're looking for a grenade, they wont find it. It shoots a fucking simple projectile with a war-head.. The video said "It was still functioned, but the grenade was never found" then its not functioning.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

if the "grenade" was never found, then it never will be, being as it has prolly been fired already.. fucking tards.. i used to have one in my barracks room on pendleton, no one cared.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

i used to have old tow missle tubes as well..
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Idiots. Send someone to jail over the equivalent of an empty bullet casing.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I had a couple in my barracks
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

This country is soooo fucked.
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X