Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Twist

Opinions?

Why is the market not liking this? It seems better than going into another QE.

The Federal Reserve pulled the trigger on Operation Twist Wednesday, exchanging $400 billion in short-term bonds for longer term securities, in an effort to stimulate the economy.
    Last edited by 347Mike; 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Aren't interest rates already next to nothing? It's not the goddamn interest rates that are the problem.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      Opinions?

Why is the market not liking this? It seems better than going into another QE.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/21/news...twist/?cnn=yes
      probably because interest rates are already very low, and that doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. unless something is done to make the banks more lax in their lending practices, then nothing really changes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        Aren't interest rates already next to nothing? It's not the goddamn interest rates that are the problem.
        That is sort of what I was thinking.
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          probably because interest rates are already very low, and that doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. unless something is done to make the banks more lax in their lending practices, then nothing really changes.
          Can't do that, the regulators would be all over their asses thanks to the Dodd-Frank bill.

I have heard both arguments, that their is no demand for loans and that the banks can't lend. I tend to believe the latter of the two. At the end of the day I don't care to be honest. What is going to happen here is that bank and other financial stocks are going to sit in limbo until we get a Republican president and most likely a Republican congress who either completely repeals Dodd-Frank or guts it.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Probably another 2 days of bloodshed.

Comment

Probably another 2 days of bloodshed.
              Shit I hope so. Time to make some money bitches!!
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Shit I hope so. Time to make some money bitches!!
                Unlike you and your years and years of experience I get uneasy when my portfolio turns red...

I did deposit some more monies though to throw in the event it does go lower...

Comment

Unlike you and your years and years of experience I get uneasy when my portfolio turns red...

I did deposit some more monies though to throw in the event it does go lower...
                  The stock market is just a quoting system saying what some idiot is willing to sell his shares for and what some other idiot is willing to buy yours for. I don't really care what some tinfoil hat wearing shitheel is willing to pay for my shares.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    The stock market is just a quoting system saying what some idiot is willing to sell his shares for and what some other idiot is willing to buy yours for. I don't really care what some tinfoil hat wearing shitheel is willing to pay for my shares.
                    Yeah, still doesn't help my stomach churning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      Think slope of the yield curve, not absolute rates.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Think slope of the yield curve, not absolute rates.
                        "I don't know that we'll necessarily see a further move in the yield curve -- there has already been a pretty significant move," said Michael Pond, Treasury and inflation-linked strategist at Barclays Capital in New York.

"It's not clear that there's much more to go. Whether the purchases will have an additional impact isn't clear, and probably not likely."
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Opportunity awaits! Bitches will get the horns just like they always do!

Comment

Woo hoo, futures getting murdered, credit markets drying up, I think the dumbasses got the banking crisis they've all been blogging about. We'll be back in a full blown recession before we know it. At least we won't have to worry about that dumbfuck getting re-elected.

Comment

Im out! Given away almost 3K in 3 days Im keeping the rest of my profits

Comment

Working...
                              X