No announcement yet.

What can you do with 10K in 3 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was that at the close everybody covering their shorts? asia looks like another bloodbath i assume the US will follow again. Qe's have been propping this thing up and it looks like the fed has run out of ammo. i hope we dont get into another recession because it will be far worse than the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      what was that at the close everybody covering their shorts? asia looks like another bloodbath i assume the US will follow again. Qe's have been propping this thing up and it looks like the fed has run out of ammo. i hope we dont get into another recession because it will be far worse than the last one.
      It was a hint of good news from Europe.

Europe is up almost 3% right now, which means we can only hope the US markets will follow. I hope this lasts throughout the week.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Looks like the markets are hesitant of the unemployment numbers that will be released today.

Anyone know WHEN they will be released?
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          Looks like the markets are hesitant of the unemployment numbers that will be released today.

They're already out. You need to google "wall street journal economic calendar".
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Looks like the markets are hesitant of the unemployment numbers that will be released today.

ADP's report comes out on the first Wednesday after the month ends, the government numbers come out on the first Friday, two days later.

The numbers don't always jive (ADP vs. gov) but ADP's numbers were fine this morning, slightly better than expected.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              They're already out. You need to google "wall street journal economic calendar".
              I see, so 7:15 AM CST. Google.com/finance sucks for news. It said the numbers would be out within hours and that was a report that was posted just an hour ago.

Comment

• Well, everyone of my picks have gone up, but I'm guessing that's only because of this rally y'all are talking about. I'm selling off two my picks and picking up a new one.

The two I'm selling off are NEWFX and FIATX. They don't have much to show for performance, so I'm not confident that they will continue to make me money.

I'm picking up Microsoft a little late, but hopefully Forza 4 will boost me into some money.

Comment

• How reliable is Mark Hulbert's opinion?

He's got one of picks as bearish while community and analyst have it at the far edge of bullish.

He's consistently closer to bearish on all of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                    How reliable is Mark Hulbert's opinion?

He's got one of picks as bearish while community and analyst have it at the far edge of bullish.

He's consistently closer to bearish on all of mine.
                    Interesting strategy, I've never seen a person select mutual funds in a mock stock selection game. I have no idea who Mark Hulbert is.
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Interesting strategy, I've never seen a person select mutual funds in a mock stock selection game. I have no idea who Mark Hulbert is.
                      I have absolutely no idea in what I'm doing. However, this has caused me to start researching companies and how consumers use them.

Maybe one day I'll have some extra cash to throw around. Who knows, maybe I'll know enough to profit.

Mark Hulbert shows up as Hulbert interactive on the bearish/bullish scale.

Comment

• What do you guys think the loss of Steve Jobs will do to AAPL? I'm going to see what it does tomorrow morning before I do anything with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          What do you guys think the loss of Steve Jobs will do to AAPL? I'm going to see what it does tomorrow morning before I do anything with it.
                          It was showing halted on my screen before I left today.

Comment

• I think apple will still stay strong. Jobs legacy will live on and people like the company.

Comment

It was showing halted on my screen before I left today.
                              I wonder when they're going to release it. Is there a place us laymans can see what the status of a stock is? I'm looking at google and yahoo finance, but none of them show the status of a stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                                I wonder when they're going to release it. Is there a place us laymans can see what the status of a stock is? I'm looking at google and yahoo finance, but none of them show the status of a stock.
                                Not sure, I'll look into that. I was monitoring my Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters screens. In the meantime:

Comment

Working...
                                X