Damn hippies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn hippies

After more than a month of protest demands for better employment opportunities and benefits, Accuracy in Media saw fit to test their desires with...employmen...

We want a job but not that one, that one, Defense? Can't do that.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Full of weak sauce. These people are straight up morons.

Comment

Awesome related vid:
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So, there are still people smoking crack?
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

If you ever wonder how we got Obama as President, just watch the post-Obama voters in the video.... LMAO

Comment

These fucktards piss me off. My ex was offered a job as a 2nd shift machine operator. The pay was decent, there wouldn't be an interview, but all he would have to do was show up to the employment agency, fill out an app, pass a drug test, and tell them that he was sent there by the guy. He would've started THAT DAY.

He said that it wasn't interesting to him, he'd hate it, he didn't want something random on his resume, and that he wants something that's in his degree field, (he has his *almost* Master's in History,) so he passed it up. Two years later, he still hasn't found a job. He's convinced that he's qualified for a museum curator's position, (without any experience,) so that's the only type of job he'll apply for.

They're only occupying their laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
              These fucktards piss me off. My ex was offered a job as a 2nd shift machine operator. The pay was decent, there wouldn't be an interview, but all he would have to do was show up to the employment agency, fill out an app, pass a drug test, and tell them that he was sent there by the guy. He would've started THAT DAY.

He said that it wasn't interesting to him, he'd hate it, he didn't want something random on his resume, and that he wants something that's in his degree field, (he has his *almost* Master's in History,) so he passed it up. Two years later, he still hasn't found a job. He's convinced that he's qualified for a museum curator's position, (without any experience,) so that's the only type of job he'll apply for.

I was trying to explain this very thing to my dad the other day on the phone when he was bitching about the economy, unemployment, etc. He's retired now and just likes to piss and moan sometimes I think. I tried explaining to him that people don't want to work because they think they're going to get the perfect job offered to them. I drive past at least 3 "Now Hiring" signs everyday. If I were out of work, I'd take the first decent job I could find to pay bills and support my family while continuing to look for and work on getting the job I wanted. Maybe that's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                I was trying to explain this very thing to my dad the other day on the phone when he was bitching about the economy, unemployment, etc. He's retired now and just likes to piss and moan sometimes I think. I tried explaining to him that people don't want to work because they think they're going to get the perfect job offered to them. I drive past at least 3 "Now Hiring" signs everyday. If I were out of work, I'd take the first decent job I could find to pay bills and support my family while continuing to look for and work on getting the job I wanted. Maybe that's just me though.
                I'm the same way. Even when I was a stay at home mom, I took temporary positions and did volunteer work to keep my resume current and viable. The only times I've been out were of my choosing, not because I was unhirable for the positions I dreamed of being in.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post

Quoted For Truth...

These a-holes don't get it... life doesn't guarantee you jack shit....

I worked for the same company for over a decade in IT, in a director's position making close to 6 figures a year.... House, 3 mustangs, big screen TV.

Then the economy turns to shit and find out that high paying managerial IT jobs just aren't a phone call away anymore, that I'm a dinosaur for being in IT\Communications for over 20 years and that the field has drastically changed over 2 decades when I started.

Do I go get updated certifications?
                  Go back to school at 40?
                  A new profession maybe?

Here's the deal... I don't "blame" the "system".

It's no one's fault but my own....
                  I could have taken night classes or gone back to school on my free time... made myself more marketable, but I chose to rest on my laurels believing that I had it under control, as many of us did.

Now after the ceiling came down, instead of getting pissed off and blaming someone else, I found any job I could find to pay the rent and take care of my daughter. Tech Phone support, pulling parts at a warehouse....

I'm now back in IT, making much less money and in a position I'm not too fond of.... but it's as steady as its going to get these days and provides me options of where I want to go from here.

These a-holes need to stop bitching and DO something.... get off the dole... wash fucking dishes, make tacos at Taco Bueno.... I've done it all.

Just because you "almost" have a Master's degree doesn't make you "too good" to dig ditches if you need to feed your family.... Not everyone can be a doctor, lawyer, or pop star.

Stop Bitching.... Just DO it....

Comment

Wait, are we supposed to bitch about the ows crowd or stroke our own cocks?? Both?
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Wait, are we supposed to bitch about the ows crowd or stroke our own cocks?? Both?
                      Obviously both... LOL

Apologies, but it drives me crazy when people assume they are too "good" to work a job that is "beneath" them....

Comment

I know after the Army before the VA picked me up, I worked for Capital One for a month before I threatened to fly to a customer's house and do bad things to them, then I spent a couple months on a farm running fence lines at night when I could handle being outside. And that is with a bachelor's degree. I've never seen jobs below someone, if you are hungry you should take whatever is out there.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          I drive past at least 3 "Now Hiring" signs everyday.
                          The problem I see is it's not that company's aren't hiring, they just can't find any qualified people. I've seen it myself in the interviewing I've done ... people think they deserve $150k a year because that's what they are told in college/tech school, but can't manage to answer questions correctly for a $50k a year position.
                          DamonH

Comment

The job market changes. Ever wonder what the Buggy Whip makers thought ? What about the guys that made wooden spoke wheels. What about stage coach drivers and those who made covered wagon tops. How is the job market for them ?

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                              The problem I see is it's not that company's aren't hiring, they just can't find any qualified people. I've seen it myself in the interviewing I've done ... people think they deserve $150k a year because that's what they are told in college/tech school, but can't manage to answer questions correctly for a $50k a year position.
                              You're spot on. Occasionally I get to view and give opinions to our sales managers for some of our openings. I'm appalled by the resumes I typically see in the pile. With unemployment this high, you'd think companies could find a few viable candidates, but apparently not.

Comment

Working...
                              X