No announcement yet.

Evolution: The Grand Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still not sure how people can be so positive of something they've never seen.

To each their own...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
      I'm still not sure how people can be so positive of something they've never seen.

To each their own...
      Faith. Their God expects them to take the word of a 2000yr old fairy tale book as proof of his existence. If you dont telepathically accept his son as your savior then you will burn in Hell forever!! But God loves us all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Faith. Their God expects them to take the word of a 2000yr old fairy tale book as proof of his existence. If you dont telepathically accept his son as your savior then you will burn in Hell forever!! But God loves us all!!
        Yea, I'm not sold either.

Person A. Is a Christian and accepts Jesus. Raped and killed a 5 year old. Asks to forgive him for his sins and goes to heaven.

Person B. Lives a life of doing good deeds and works in Africa feeding hungry children. They chose to not accept Jesus and go to hell.

Comment

Person A. Is a Christian and accepts Jesus. Raped and killed a 5 year old. Asks to forgive him for his sins and goes to heaven.

Person B. Lives a life of doing good deeds and works in Africa feeding hungry children. They chose to not accept Jesus and go to hell.
          God hates kids. He free wills them to death every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            You have some scripture to back up that claim? Because it reads like (assuming the book is true) god made us exactly like him, but y'know, mortal and a whole lot less divine. I don't see ANYWHERE in those two passages where it says anything about spirit.
            Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            Every Christian interprets the Bible to suit them.
            Spirit image is a very common interpretation.

Comment

I'm still not sure how people can be so positive of something they've never seen.

To each their own...
              Have you seen the wind? Or does it not exist since you can't see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                God is a woman? That explains a lot.
                Now thats funny rite dare. I dont care who ya r.
                Photobucket

Comment

Actually, I disagree. The Bible says, "What does God require of man but that he live honorably, love justice, and walk humbly with his God" (paraphrased). It does not say a person needs to know who God is by name. It doesn't say someone must believe in Jesus to be saved (in fact, Jesus said Himself that someone could reject Him and it be forgiven Him, but rejecting the Holy Spirit [blasphemy] is the only unforgivenable sin because a person is basically rejecting God's forgiveness when it is given to them via the Holy Spirit offering salvation and being born again through forgiveness and Christ's sacrifice).

I believe if a person is living with honor, loves justice and walks with God, even if they don't know they are, then God will offer them eternal life when they die. I think good people are walking with God and don't know it, but will understand it when they die and are before Him. Jesus said no may come unto the Father except THROUGH me, meaning, we'll stand before Him before we are brought into heaven, not that we must accept Him here on earth. Just means that He's the doorway and the judge of what our hearts truly chose - that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    So now we're changing the definition of words to suit our agenda?

like·ness (lkns)
                    n.
                    1. The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.
                    2. An imitative appearance; a semblance.
                    3. A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image.

Comment

So now we're changing the definition of words to suit our agenda?

like·ness (lkns)
                      n.
                      1. The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.
                      2. An imitative appearance; a semblance.
                      3. A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image.
                      What exactly is the point that you're trying to make with this post?

Comment

What exactly is the point that you're trying to make with this post?
                        Don't be dense. You said that "likeness" is often interpreted as spirit, which is you and people who think like you changing definitions to suit your needs

Comment

Don't be dense. You said that "likeness" is often interpreted as spirit, which is you and people who think like you changing definitions to suit your needs
                          Dense? Pissy guy aren't you, do we have a case of the Mondays already?

Regardless, post up a quote by me that says "likeness" is often interpreted as spirit, since you're grasping at minutiae so desparately (and failing lol) in your little e-argument.

Comment

Considering that God is not a man, your demand for proof on your terms shall remain unrequited.
                            Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Nice try, guy, but image refers to spirit.

AAAAAAAAAANNNND don't know if common innernet (sic) attention whoring on your part qualifies as blasphemy, but it does qualify as boring.
                            Originally posted by The King View Post
                            You didn't specifically say likeness, but you either ignored it or tried to gloss over it so you can change the meaning of those two passages. Again I ask, do you have scripture to back up your claim that mankind WASN'T created to look like god? This all goes with the presupposition that 1: god exists and 2: the bible is true.

Comment

You didn't specifically say likeness, but you either ignored it or tried to gloss over it so you can change the meaning of those two passages.
                              I know, you said likeness dummy. Thus, you lied and your backpedaling here is pathetic. You also show a certain amount of delusion (a big thanks to Dr. Dave for giving us that word ad nauseum) in your supposition that I ignored or "tried to change the meaning of" (lol) anything....don't need to.

Originally posted by racrguy
                              Again I ask, do you have scripture to back up your claim that mankind WASN'T created to look like god? This all goes with the presupposition that 1: god exists and 2: the bible is true.
                              Scripture doesn't say what mankind WASN'T (lol at your caps) created to look like, so again, what is your point (if you can even remember any more, that is). Mankind was however created in the image of God, as you so expertly quoted from Genesis.

Comment

• I didn't read anything past my last comments here. I think I'm done on forums. I did what I wanted to do which is start some conversations about interesting topics, shared information and debated a little back and forth. But, I get rude sometimes and I don't like to do that. I apologize for responding to the insults with insults of my own. I have nothing against anyone here and I do not think anyone here is stupid by any means, even when I jokingly say that as a little jab for sport. It's all meant in good fun and in the spirit of discussion and debate. If just a few people research a few things I posted here, I'm happy. That's all I really wanted.

Have a good life and I wish you all the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X