Draft bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    I'd venture a guess that the last military engagement we were involved in that protected our freedoms was WW2.
    I was going to make that assertion myself, but I figured I'd let him have a chance to make a dignified response before I did. The response was pretty much as expected:

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
    If not directly, then yes, indirectly.
    And evidently you also are missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      I was going to make that assertion myself, but I figured I'd let him have a chance to make a dignified response before I did. The response was pretty much as expected:
      Sorry for jumping the gun. I'll let you handle 'em from here on out. lol

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      Don't think for a second I am unwilling to die for my country, freedom and what it right. I'd take a bullet to the head or quickly put a bullet in someone else's before I let someone try to take that from me (including any US citizen or agent). What I refuse to do is to do it for the wrong reasons. These assholes making decisions to send our guys to war to "protect our freedoms" couldn't give a rats ass about the soldiers or their families. They've proven it by their attitudes and the way they treat them when they come home. If you don't like it, then OH WELL, tough. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
      *Bobby Bouche* SLAP HANDS! /Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Sorry for jumping the gun. I'll let you handle 'em from here on out. lol
        Haha, feel free to continue on as usual, you've had a pretty good handle on morons as of late.

Comment

If I'd known where I'd be today when I graduated college in 04, I would have joined up for a while to serve and get the experience and training. As it turns out I did not have the foresight at the time. However, if in the future I were to be called upon by my country to stand up and kick a little ass to defend this great nation I'd do it in a heartbeat. Until that happens, I'll have to be content to support the brave souls who are currently fighting the fight in any way I can. God bless them all.

Comment

While I do think more young people need to serve (regret not doing so myself), all a draft is going to do is get a whole bunch of soldiers who do want to be there killed. Fuck that.

And line em up had some solid points as well.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I fully agree that EVERY AMERICAN needs to serve in one of the Forces.
              If you quit HS, gotta do minimum 3 years military.
              If you graduate, time to go do your time.
              If you're college bound, get your degree and then do you do a few years.
              How do you propose to pay for a military that is, oh, lets say 20 times larger than the one we already can't afford?

I would love to see military discipline instilled in every able bodied American citizen, but that will never happen.

Comment

Knowing how things worked out, I'd do it again.

And Cleveland, you simply tax that 47% who do not pay federal income taxes and you can do a lot of constitutional work
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I fully agree that EVERY AMERICAN needs to serve in one of the Forces.
                  If you quit HS, gotta do minimum 3 years military.
                  If you graduate, time to go do your time.
                  If you're college bound, get your degree and then do you do a few years.
                  I agree.

I personally don't like the idea of people like you who want all the freedoms and opportunities America offers, yet you're unwilling to put your ass on the line to protect those very freedoms.
                  Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  While I do think more young people need to serve (regret not doing so myself), all a draft is going to do is get a whole bunch of soldiers who do want to be there killed. Fuck that.

And line em up had some solid points as well.
                  I think it should be like other countries where its mandatory. If you don't want to do it leave. There's more jobs than holding a gun in the military. Push a pencil. I'd do it!
                  Also some one else stated right now theyre going to start pushing people out of all branches unless something else pops up. If it was mandatory first order of business load up ALL OWS folks drop them off in a hot zone with some airsoft guns and their signs and tents. " you guys wanted a job, heeeeeeere you go"

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people who served would tell you this is a bad idea.

Comment

do you really want the 99%ers protecting you?

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm all for people serving. It's really something coming back from seeing what our military is doing and going to say the galleria malls. A lot of folks are so ignorant to what really goes on in the world and I believe military service can fix that.

Not to mention that a lot of younger folks are so spoiled they have no discipline or sense of personal responsibility.

The idea of basically being a conscript, is something I would love to see - at least the spirit of it.

The reality is, that most who were "drafted" would hate it and reduce our combat readiness, ruin their lives going AWOL and so on.

It just pisses me off, people trying to tell me what it's really like based off their interpretation of the news. I really wish upper society people would also take more interest in serving their country from the ground up (not just dreaming of jumping in the POTUS slot or riches).

Edit: So if I voted on a draft, I'd vote "no" at this point.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Mixed emotions on this, but overall I think a mandatory two year stint would be beneficial, if for no other reason than instilling work ethic. One of the points that Gingrich made when he was making the pitch to change the child workforce laws was that in the inner city neighborhoods, where these kids are growing up without dads, they are not having a work ethic taught nor instilled in them, which results in what we have now. So.... If for no other reason, I would support this initiative.
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I think it is a bad idea as I was with people who signed up willingly and hated the service. I know what kind of work they did and how much of a pain in the ass it was to deal with them. It cost a shit ton of money too and then on the transistion phase of kicking them out, all they do is sit around and fuck off.
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I can just imagine the population of Canada suddenly increasing...again

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                                This guy proposes a draft.

Meanwhile the Navy is putting out thousands just this year. I've seen a good amount of good performing people put out because of PTS (perform to serve), they are requiring all navy members e-6 and below with less than 14 years to do it. Basically it's just a program that your info gets put into and then a computer tells you that you are to be separated on such and such date. Pretty shitty if you ask me.
                                So they treat them like employees and basically fire them if they don't perform to a certain standard? I thought once you signed up, you were required to stay X amount of time. I never served, so I don't know. Just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                                X