First stupid cops, now this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First stupid cops, now this

EEOC: High school diploma requirement might violate Americans with Disabilities Act
    Employers are facing more uncertainty in the wake of a letter from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission warning them that requiring a high school diploma from a job applicant might violate the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The development also has some wondering whether the agency’s advice will result in an educational backlash by creating less of an incentive for some high school students to graduate.

The “informal discussion letter” from the EEOC said an employer’s requirement of a high school diploma, long a standard criterion for screening potential employees, must be “job-related for the position in question and consistent with business necessity.” The letter was posted on the commission’s website on Dec. 2.

Employers could run afoul of the ADA if their requirement of a high school diploma “‘screens out’ an individual who is unable to graduate because of a learning disability that meets the ADA’s definition of ‘disability,’” the EEOC explained.

The commission’s advice, which does not carry the force of law, is raising alarms among employment-law professionals, who say it could carry far-reaching implications for businesses.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Oh boy. As if it isn't hard enough to find decent people to hire to begin with.

Comment

Even the (literally) most challenged kids I went to school graduated; the only way you can not get a high school diploma is to drop out or be fully capable but very lazy and stupid. It's absurd to suggest that people with mental disabilities can't get jobs for this reason.

Comment

If you're mentally retarded enough to have been withdrawn from school, chances are you won't be a productive member in the working world.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          If you're mentally retarded enough to have been withdrawn from school, chances are you won't be a productive member in the working world.
          you've not met any greeters at walmart have ya? I agree though, no child left behind any idiot can graduate!

Comment

An "american with a disability" would seem to be someone who was... maybe missing an arm, perhaps born with down syndrome? Not obtaining a diploma or a GED is not a disability. Its just a dumbassery. Employers simply need act accordingly. Another law I'd like to see 'em enforce. "Oh he applied here? Funny... we don't have his application on file anywhere... hmm..."

Kind of like the "you have to let minorities rent from you" law. "Oh I'm sorry, that property is scheduled for maintenance. Needs new paint, new carpet, etc etc." Uncle-in-law uses it all the time. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
              An "american with a disability" would seem to be someone who was... maybe missing an arm, perhaps born with down syndrome? Not obtaining a diploma or a GED is not a disability. Its just a dumbassery. Employers simply need act accordingly. Another law I'd like to see 'em enforce. "Oh he applied here? Funny... we don't have his application on file anywhere... hmm..."

Kind of like the "you have to let minorities rent from you" law. "Oh I'm sorry, that property is scheduled for maintenance. Needs new paint, new carpet, etc etc." Uncle-in-law uses it all the time. Works like a charm.
              See? It's inspirational sometimes how you don't let your disabilities get you down, Justin.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post

Actually, technically I'm a disabled American. I was actually at the resigning of the act. Fuck I hate that man
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Jeez...we can't hire cops that are too smart and now we're forcing employers to not screen for people that are "too dumb".

Holy hell...look for more crap to get farmed out to foreign countries.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    See? It's inspirational sometimes how you don't let your disabilities get you down, Justin.
                    Yeah I got a cavity in one of my teeth, top row towards the back. Hurts sometimes if I get anything in there. I mean according to this administration, its a disability.

Comment

fucking Commy and Demo"s

Comment

Next will be the NAACP filing lawsuits that employers cant ask if you went to college because minorities are a victim of society and couldnt get in brcause of racism

Comment

Originally posted by otrtruckpro View Post
                          fucking Commy and Demo"s
                          one in the same...
                          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                          Originally posted by Trick Pony
                          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                          X