abortion law wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Things are just not black and white when it comes to defining "parasites", "life", etc. I'm not a pure "pro-lifer", but I guess I don't piss away life like some of you keyboard hard-asses.
    If things fit the definition, then it is as easy as black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

par·a·site
      noun \ˈper-ə-ˌsīt, ˈpa-rə-\
      Definition of PARASITE
      : a person who exploits the hospitality of the rich and earns welcome by flattery
      : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

: something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return
      — par·a·sit·ic \ˌper-ə-ˈsi-tik, ˌpa-rə-\ also par·a·sit·i·cal \-ti-kəl\ adjective
      — par·a·sit·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
      See parasite defined for English-language learners »
      See parasite defined for kids »

an organism living in, on, or with another organism in order to obtain nutrients, grow, or multiply often in a state that directly or indirectly harms the host… See the full definition

No, it's not a legitimate example and I've already explained why. Quadraplegics and those on life support aren't even in the same ballpark as what I was talking about. Please realize you have no clue what you're talking about.
      Definition of PARASITISM
      : the behavior of a parasite
      : an intimate association between organisms of two or more kinds; especially : one in which a parasite obtains benefits from a host which it usually injures
      : parasitosis
      See parasitism defined for kids »

the behavior of a parasite; an intimate association between organisms of two or more kinds; especially : one in which a parasite obtains benefits from a host which it usually injures; parasitosis… See the full definition

Your own post of the definitions contradicts your statements.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        No, provide more information means just that. We aren't saying "SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING? YOU'RE KILLING THIS!!!" No, what the law is saying "you want to have this procedure done? Okay, here's the information. There's a heartbeat, here it is, here's the sonogram so you can see exactly what you're doing. What is your decision?"

Did the church get the woman pregnant? If not, it's the parent's job to care for the child. How is it it's the right of the people to fuck as they want but when it comes to children it's "Oh, if you don't want welfare, then you want the child to die?" No, I want the parent to take care of the child, if they can't, take the child, tie their tubes and never let them have another.
        Granted, I've never had an abortion. I've never had ANY medical procedure where the doctor doesn't say, "This is exactly what I'm going to do. This is what happens, and these are the prospective complications."

Note: the law WAS specifically written to say, "SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING? YOU'RE KILLING THIS"

Supporters of the law, enacted last year, say it is designed to ensure that women are fully informed about abortions and, ultimately, to discourage them from undergoing the procedure. It requires all women seeking abortions to have a sonogram, also known as an ultrasound scan, but it allows some women—such as those who certify they are rape victims—to avoid hearing a description of the fetus or embryo.

"This is a great day for life in Texas," countered Republican state Sen. Dan Patrick, who represents part of Houston and who sponsored the legislation. "This law is about a woman's right to know so she can have all the information she deserves before making a decision to end a life."
        Last edited by Treasure Chest; 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Oh and yes, I'm pro life and anti-welfare. You can't take care of the child? Stop fucking having them.
          Well, isn't that the point of an abortion? Or do you mean to espouse abstinence? Unplanned pregnancies happen often despite contraceptives and, aside from nuking the little facehugger from orbit before it hatches, abstinence is the only way to be sure.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Did the church get the woman pregnant? If not, it's the parent's job to care for the child. How is it it's the right of the people to fuck as they want but when it comes to children it's "Oh, if you don't want welfare, then you want the child to die?" No, I want the parent to take care of the child, if they can't, take the child, tie their tubes and never let them have another.
            Why is it the church's job to be involved at all?
            When the state "takes the child", what next?
            How many unwanted children can they drop off at your house?

Comment

What they should do is let the state finance the abortion but require the aborting mother to be sterilized at the time of the procedure.

Stevo
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                Definition of PARASITISM
                : the behavior of a parasite
                : an intimate association between organisms of two or more kinds; especially : one in which a parasite obtains benefits from a host which it usually injures
                : parasitosis
                See parasitism defined for kids »

the behavior of a parasite; an intimate association between organisms of two or more kinds; especially : one in which a parasite obtains benefits from a host which it usually injures; parasitosis… See the full definition

Your own post of the definitions contradicts your statements.

Stevo
                Your own post shows you don't understand how definitions work.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  Your own post shows you don't understand how definitions work.
                  Pray tell?

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    What they should do is let the state finance the abortion but require the aborting mother to be sterilized at the time of the procedure.

Stevo
                    Now this I'm good with. You get one and if you're on welfare, you're sterilized
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                      Why is it the church's job to be involved at all?
                      When the state "takes the child", what next?
                      How many unwanted children can they drop off at your house?
                      The church shouldn't be forced to be involved, however neither should the taxpayers. The church is a charity that does things for spiritual reasons. When the state takes the child, you sterilize the mother forever. No more.

And I didn't have the sex to create the babies so none. I have my own I'm raising.

And yes, to answer another post, stop spreading your legs. The pill doesn't work for you? You do not have a right to sex. Stop fucking. Or at least take it in the ass or the face. There's one way to get pregnant naturally. If you can't afford the child STOP ENGAGING IN THE ACTION THAT CREATES THE CHILD.

Damn, this is not astrophysics.

Comment

And yes, to answer another post, stop spreading your legs. The pill doesn't work for you? You do not have a right to sex. Stop fucking. Or at least take it in the ass or the face. There's one way to get pregnant naturally. If you can't afford the child STOP ENGAGING IN THE ACTION THAT CREATES THE CHILD.

Damn, this is not astrophysics.
                        You've got some funny ideas about things.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          You've got some funny ideas about things.
                          Yet they make sense. You know that you don't have money. You know you didn't buy a condom or that condoms and/or birth control doesn't work for you. Either take it in the ass or the face or stop fucking. Simple. You can't afford an action, you don't engage in the action. I can't afford to replace parts on my 4x4. KNow what I don't do? I don't go mudding or rock climbing where I can break it. What I do is engage in things that I know won't break anything. Is it as fun? No, but I know what I can afford.

There is no right to have sex. Not a one. If you can't afford the reprocussions you shouldn't engage in the activity. "But I deserve to have sex." Right. Your right to be you does not trump my right to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

Comment

I've noticed that most people that are for abortion have already been born.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw_2005 View Post
                              I've noticed that most people that are for abortion have already been born.
                              And seem to get REALLY pissed when you mention educating the woman about to make the decision or giving the man a say in it.

Comment

And seem to get REALLY pissed when you mention educating the woman about to make the decision or giving the man a say in it.
                                It's just more and more proof this world is fucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X