School me on the Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
    Nope. One of the hardcore conservatives/libertarians, actually. I just know how it worked for me, when I drew unemployment for 3 months. When my benefits were done, they were done. No ifs ands or buts. Luckily for me I found a job 3 weeks after they ended. But I had to wait until they passed an "extension" before I could even draw. Because the other ones had "expired". You have to understand that the timeline, and the money, are separate.
    A hardcore conservative/libertarian would not be in support of any unemployment benefits, whatsoever.

Comment

I am against unemployment benefits. Hardship motivates a person to find work. Giving hand-outs just because you lost your job is stupid. Sell your house, get a cheaper car, sell your toys, eat Ramen noodles, whatever....I am so sick of the sense of entitlement in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        I am against unemployment benefits. Hardship motivates a person to find work. Giving hand-outs just because you lost your job is stupid. Sell your house, get a cheaper car, sell your toys, eat Ramen noodles, whatever....I am so sick of the sense of entitlement in this country.
        Right! I've built up a nice stash in case something happens. It's not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Right! I've built up a nice stash in case something happens. It's not rocket science.
          Me too...but the people living paycheck to paycheck living the good life on credit are either too lazy or too stupid to see past their own wants and needs much less plan for the future. And if you call them on it they get indignant and state that it is their money and they can do with it what they want! But when they have issues and lose their jobs or whatever, then it is my money supporting their no plan-having asses.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
            A hardcore conservative/libertarian would not be in support of any unemployment benefits, whatsoever.
            I'm against the system but since I've been participating in it for 20 years now I'd expect something if I ever needed it.

Comment

Working...
            X