Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's a question for the believers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Maddhatter. I was breezing through some of this mess and wanted to comment on the verses about blaspheme that you don't seem to understand.

When ever you hear about the unpardonable sin in the Bible, it always refers to the blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. Its really simple and probably one of the most misunderstood parts.

When the Bible says that blaspheme against God, it really is simple. It takes what to be saved? 1st, "believe" in him. If you blaspheme God, then you are denying his existence. How can you be saved by whom you do not believe? Thats the only reason its unpardonable.
    Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      Hey Maddhatter. I was breezing through some of this mess and wanted to comment on the verses about blaspheme that you don't seem to understand.

When ever you hear about the unpardonable sin in the Bible, it always refers to the blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. Its really simple and probably one of the most misunderstood parts.

When the Bible says that blaspheme against God, it really is simple. It takes what to be saved? 1st, "believe" in him. If you blaspheme God, then you are denying his existence. How can you be saved by whom you do not believe? Thats the only reason its unpardonable.
      If he existed, and he was omnipotent, and I didn't believe in him, he could still let me into heaven if he wanted to.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Delusional, simply delusional.
        well, sometime within the next 60 years, I shall know the truth......probably the same time frame as you.
        May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
        Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
          If he existed, and he was omnipotent, and I didn't believe in him, he could still let me into heaven if he wanted to.
          Yes he could.........and I am betting you will be kissing his feet at that time. lol

But in all seriousness, I have a BIG problem with believing what I have been told that the only path into heaven is thru Jesus. I have a hard time thinkign some pygmy tribe in farfegnugenland that has never been told about it doesnt get in.

Like I said earlier, I do not know how it works, I just know what I have felt and what I believe to be real.
          Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
            Yes he could.........and I am betting you will be kissing his feet at that time. lol

But in all seriousness, I have a BIG problem with believing what I have been told that the only path into heaven is thru Jesus. I have a hard time thinkign some pygmy tribe in farfegnugenland that has never been told about it doesnt get in.

Like I said earlier, I do not know how it works, I just know what I have felt and what I believe to be real.
            Honestly dude, if he is real, and he is the god of the bible, and he does send people to hell for eternity, then even if he lets me into heaven, he's still a bully and a tyrant, and I have no use for him.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Homo sapiens diverged as a species about 100,000 years ago. At least 98,000 years worth of humans have been sent to hell because of your gods complacency. That is of course assuming he exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                Honestly dude, if he is real, and he is the god of the bible, and he does send people to hell for eternity, then even if he lets me into heaven, he's still a bully and a tyrant, and I have no use for him.
                Man, I know it is easy to think that way. I used to. I really did. I do not think he sends anyone to a place like Dante's Inferno. I do not understand at all how it works. i do believe you will have to answer for your actions one day......atleast I hope so. I have always had a problem with the fact that someone can murder and torture and then before death find God, and confess all of his sins and get into heaven. I mean, if thats the case, seems kinda fucked up, right?

Well, like I said, I do not know how it works. Maybe you can get into heaven, but you may have to serve some serious time of punishment before let in. I have no idea. No idea at all, man. I am just going with what I have felt. That's it.
                Semper Fi

Comment

Homo sapiens diverged as a species about 100,000 years ago. 98,000 years worth of humans have been sent to hell because of your gods complacency. That is of course assuming he exists.
                  speculation
                  Semper Fi

Comment

speculation
                    Not speculation. Although I was wrong, homo sapiens diverged about 200,000 years ago, not 100,000. If you'd like to know more Here is a good start. So 198,000 years worth of humans went to hell because of your gods complacency. Read John 14:6.

You really should learn more about the material you're talking about. The more you post the more ignorant you show yourself to be.

Comment

. So 198,000 years worth of humans went to hell because of your gods complacency. Read John 14:6.

You really should learn more about the material you're talking about. The more you post the more ignorant you show yourself to be.
                      actually I think it is very much quite the opposite. You really take everything you read as 100% cut and dry black or white with no grey area. You actually think you have the intelligence to understand anything God has done in the past if, lets just say I'm right and he exists?

maybe 198,000 years worth of humans did get into heaven or maybe they did go to hell, or maybe neither actually exist. What I claim is, I do not know or try to say I have the answers. I claim that i have felt, in my opinion, to have found God. That is it. I do not try to claim anything else. What I say is that what I experienced was faith and a closeness to him.....that is all.

You can continue to throw any argument out there to try and prove God does not exist, but you cannot prove it.......just as I cannot prove he does.

So far, I have heard two theories......there is a God and he started everything......or there is no God and everything started with a singularity.

If you stop and think about it, to me, they both sound pretty far fetched.

And once again, both you and hatter have yet to actually stand up and say what you believe or follow. Let's hear what you think might be the answer. Let's also see the evidence as to why you feel this way.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

actually I think it is very much quite the opposite. You really take everything you read as 100% cut and dry black or white with no grey area. You actually think you have the intelligence to understand anything God has done in the past if, lets just say I'm right and he exists?

maybe 198,000 years worth of humans did get into heaven or maybe they did go to hell, or maybe neither actually exist. What I claim is, I do not know or try to say I have the answers. I claim that i have felt, in my opinion, to have found God. That is it. I do not try to claim anything else. What I say is that what I experienced was faith and a closeness to him.....that is all.

You can continue to throw any argument out there to try and prove God does not exist, but you cannot prove it.......just as I cannot prove he does.

So far, I have heard two theories......there is a God and he started everything......or there is no God and everything started with a singularity.

If you stop and think about it, to me, they both sound pretty far fetched.

And once again, both you and hatter have yet to actually stand up and say what you believe or follow. Let's hear what you think might be the answer. Let's also see the evidence as to why you feel this way.
                        More tautologies that have already been taken care of. Did you read a single thing maddhattter posted or did you just TL;DR through every one of them? Perhaps you weren't able to grasp what he was telling you. Go back, slowly reread this thread, then let me know if you still don't understand what you're saying, and what others are saying to you. As it stands right now, you're incapable of picking one stance and sticking with it.

Comment

More tautologies that have already been taken care of. Did you read a single thing maddhattter posted or did you just TL;DR through every one of them? Perhaps you weren't able to grasp what he was telling you. Go back, slowly reread this thread, then let me know if you still don't understand what you're saying, and what others are saying to you. As it stands right now, you're incapable of picking one stance and sticking with it.
                          riiiiiiiiight......and once again, you avoid me asking you to clarify what you believe. Hatter has done the same.

Guys, what you dont seem to grasp is honestly how ignorant the two of you look for thinking that maybe you could actually understand anything God did......if, in fact, God is real. I am the one sitting here saying I don't have the answers, just faith. You are actually arguing like you have the answers. Well, you don't have jack shit. You have speculation. You have theories. You have unanswered questions.

So, please, enlighten me as to what you think might be the answer as to why we are here or how we got here, and/or what is next?

Just answer the question.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

riiiiiiiiight......and once again, you avoid me asking you to clarify what you believe. Hatter has done the same.
                            You've got to be more specific, I believe a lot of things about a lot of different topics.

Guys, what you dont seem to grasp is honestly how ignorant the two of you look for thinking that maybe you could actually understand anything God did......if, in fact, God is real. I am the one sitting here saying I don't have the answers, just faith. You are actually arguing like you have the answers. Well, you don't have jack shit. You have speculation. You have theories. You have unanswered questions.
                            It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that killing EVERYTHING on the face of the planet except what was on one boat is a horrible thing, or killing 42 children for making fun of a bald man, or killing unruly children, or forcing rape victims to wed their attacker. Need I go on? Your god is unworthy of my worship, and I am better than him. If your god did the things that are attributed to him in the bible he is an even bigger monster than Hitler is, and he's generally regarded as the worst human being that ever lived.
                            So, please, enlighten me as to what you think might be the answer as to why we are here
                            To further the existence of the species.
                            or how we got here,
                            Evolution
                            and/or what is next?

Just answer the question.
                            Death.

Simple enough for you to understand?

Edit: Relevant quote
                            Originally posted by John F Kennedy
                            Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
                            Last edited by racrguy; 03-04-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

You've got to be more specific, I believe a lot of things about a lot of different topics.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that killing EVERYTHING on the face of the planet except what was on one boat is a horrible thing, or killing 42 children for making fun of a bald man, or killing unruly children, or forcing rape victims to wed their attacker. Need I go on? Your god is unworthy of my worship, and I am better than him. If your god did the things that are attributed to him in the bible he is an even bigger monster than Hitler is, and he's generally regarded as the worst human being that ever lived.

To further the existence of the species.

Evolution

Death.

Simple enough for you to understand?
                              I understand exactly what you are saying about the events you are talking about. I do not know if he did those things or, if he did, why. I wasn't there. Bible was written by humans and edited by humans. Wish I could have seen the original version and had the power to understand it.

Where did our species come from? what was the very first speck we all evolved from? and you may be very right......death may be the only thing we have to look forward to. I hope there is more, but there may not be.

Give me some examples about a lot of different things you might believe.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Edit: Relevant quote
                                that quote is the EXACT opposite of what I have felt as a believer. Becoming a believer does not even begin to get rid of thought. It has made me question everything far more. Once you have faith, it seems as it is a constant never ending cycle of it being tested.
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X