No announcement yet.

Getting very pessimistic....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are huge differences, but the main thing is all the guys running would repeal Obamacare. Thats enough for me to vote on right there.

These employment numbers being touted, are skewed so much that it's hilarious. When 1.2 million jobs totally disappear, of course the numbers will look better. When millions of Americans leave the work force because they've given up on finding a job, they don't count in the unemployment figures, either.

Don't believe the hype the press puts out on any of these guys, especially Barry. You won't hear anyone in the press challenge him or his record. Gas is closing in on $4 a gallon and may be nearer to $5 in the summer/fall. Americans still vote with their pocketbooks

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      then dont bitch when obama gets another term. everyone who works and contributes to society should vote IMO
      Strongly disagree. An IQ test and basic knowledge of the political system and candidates should be mandatory. Sadly, most people have neither.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
        There's literally no difference between Obama and the mainstream rupube candidates.
        riiight.....thanks RP nuthugger.

Comment

I've been pessimistic going on 4 years now, but not about who is in the WH.

I'd really like to see control of the senate change hands. That would be more important and somewhat balance things out.

I'll tell you what, if inflation continues on this current path I won't give two shits about the presidential election. $4 fuel will kill everything again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            ....about the election.

One of the most important elections in our lifetimes and I'm starting to think that the Repubs are gonna get whipped by an idiotic leftist with a huge national debt and crappy economy.

Let's face it.... If Romney and Santorum are the best that they have, there is no way that the un-informed, lazy, media-driven half of this nation is gonna pull the lever for anyone that's going to tell them that their freebies may go away and they actually might feel a REAL sting of our massive federal debt.

Interesting times we live in.... think I'll have a drink...
            Its looking like the repubs are just too stupid to listen to what the people really want. Replace them with the tea party.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              then dont bitch when obama gets another term. everyone who works and contributes to society should vote IMO

He isn't going to win in Texas no matter what sack of shit the repubs throw up, and the electoral college decides the election regardless of the popular vote. Keep on thinkin' you have some sort of effect on things though!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                He isn't going to win in Texas no matter what sack of shit the repubs throw up, and the electoral college decides the election regardless of the popular vote. Keep on thinkin' you have some sort of effect on things though!
                Wow I must agree with Eric for once. The republican party has won TX how many times now? And I don't see anything changing for this election. So yeah what is the point of voting. There will be enough voters out there that will make sure obama won't win Tx that won't matter if I do or don't vote.

Last election I did vote though.
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I think the GOP's best shot will be Romney. It's the equivelant of a punchers chance, "outclassed" in boxing terms, but a slight chance with the right connection. Mitt is the best they have. Santorum will get wiped with the floor by Obama, IMO. He's classic old school GOP and every reason why the GOP needs to reassess itself as a party heading into the future. With the extended world recession and bailout wool being lifted from the people's eyes, the general public has moved to a point of no return, politically. Times are different and it's apparent the Dem's are trying to move and adapt. The GOP appears stuck and divided....
                  Hellcat Charger

Comment

Yep. Waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      lol @ santorum leading the polls right now. the gop's voter base has finally proved that they care far more about their moral agenda bullshit than they do the economy.
                      they care about a conservative, much like I do. I find it very funny how you fall for this "moral" label just like the left wing liberal media wants you to. Hook line and sinker. And the GOP wants nothing to do with Santorum, Romney is their choice. Santorum is answering these "moral" questions because that is the strategy of the left wing media. That is the only questions he will get from them, the reason being is people like yourself are easily fooled into thinking that is what he is all about, and it couldn't be further from the truth. Don't be so easily fooled by the media friend. They are indirectly telling you who to vote for. It's their job as the Obama lapdogs to dissuade you from a candidate with misinformation.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        they care about a conservative, much like I do. I find it very funny how you fall for this "moral" label just like the left wing liberal media wants you to. Hook line and sinker. And the GOP wants nothing to do with Santorum, Romney is their choice. Santorum is answering these "moral" questions because that is the strategy of the left wing media. That is the only questions he will get from them, the reason being is people like yourself are easily fooled into thinking that is what he is all about, and it couldn't be further from the truth. Don't be so easily fooled by the media friend. They are indirectly telling you who to vote for. It's their job as the Obama lapdogs to dissuade you from a candidate with misinformation.
                        Very true. When you hear "conservative" in the press, it's in a negative connotation concerning "social conservatism". I'm a lot more concerned about a candidates economic conservatism than anything, but the press doesn't bring that into play. Its all about birth control? Really? Its laughable that people even fall for that bullshit.

Barry has no record to run on, so lets talk about birth control?

Comment

I dont give two shits if my vote counts or not. It is a right to vote. It is a priviledge. One day the US may not let you do this. You think that is absurd? Well, the government owns and controls the military and if they decide to go ahead and take away all our rights, they will. You can fight back and die......or you can go with the flow and be a slave.

Well, you can vote. You have the freedom to vote. Pick your candidate that you believe in. Even if you are only picking the least of evils, atleast you are casting a vote. Sharing your opinion with the world.
                          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

It's always surprised me at how lightly the right to vote is taken. Many black folks (and whites in support of them) died just to have the right to vote.

Comment

I also have the freedom to not vote. I don't believe in any of the candidates. My opinion is that fixing this country through voting is futile, and a waste of effort. My family has been here since the early 1600s, and one member was even a General in The Revolutionary War. He would probably say we already are slaves, and shake his head in disgust at this country. There is no fixing it from within the existing system.

Comment

I also have the freedom to not vote. I don't believe in any of the candidates. My opinion is that fixing this country through voting is futile, and a waste of effort. My family has been here since the early 1600s, and one member was even a General in The Revolutionary War. He would probably say we already are slaves, and shake his head in disgust at this country. There is no fixing it from within the existing system.
                                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X