Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Veterans Demand Democrat Party Remove American Flag Altered With Obama’s Imag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Veterans Demand Democrat Party Remove American Flag Altered With Obama’s Imag

After a short stand off between a group of veterans and the head of the Lake County, FL Democrat Party, an American flag that had been altered to depict an image of Barack Obama in the space where the stars are normally located was taken down.

The Lake County Democratic Headquarters in Tavares has been flying two American flags outside their office. The first an American Flag and the second the altered flag.

flagobamaA veterans group arrived late this afternoon with the media in tow and demanded that the second flag be taken down. Don Van Beck, executive director of the Veterans Memorial at Fountain Park asked that the altered flag be removed, explaining that it was in violation of federal flag code. He offered a POW/MIA flag to fly in its place.

Nancy Hurlburt, the Democratic Party Chair for Lake County, said she would research the issue but didn’t take the Obama flag down immediately, prompting Van Beck to declare that they would take the flag down for her.

“No, you will not. This is private property,” Hurlbert responded.

After a short time spent ‘researching’, Hurlbert relented and took down the flag while the veterans looked on. She did not accept the POW/MIA flag offered as a replacement.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Wow. Just wow. Unacceptable

Comment

Democrat.

Not surprised.

Comment

This shit has to stop.....on both fucking sides. I am tired of the BS political warfare that we are seeing. I'm convinced that this problem will be the downfall of our country. It is eating the soul of this country.

But yes.....that is unacceptable. And thank you to those veterans for continuing to serve our country.

Comment

i'd like to kick that cunt in the teeth
          110:1 crawl ratio = slowest rig on here

Comment

That should piss off Americans in general. Not just Veterans, people who do not care for Obama...etc. Even Obama supporters should be OFFENDED by that flag being flown (With Obama's face on it.

Disgusting.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Hmmm.....

Comment

I will say I'm not a big Obama fan, but I guess I understand the novelty of a sitting President's face on the flag. It is an interesting idea.

That being said, I don't like it. I think they symbolism should remain intact. The stars that represent 50 states being removed (best I can tell) feels a little communist to me, although I will admit it's a stretch. Leaving the stripes (which I always equate to a representation of those who died for the freedom this country stands for)and Obama's face. If I may be so bold, no soldier ever died for a president, but for every citizen of the United States of America.

I would strongly prefer we leave the flag alone.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Piece of shit motherfuckers. .
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    This shit has to stop.....on both fucking sides...

But yes.....that is unacceptable. And thank you to those veterans for continuing to serve our country.

Just ONE instance of a republican or conservative doing something similar. Just ONE. Please.

Originally posted by -Jake- View Post
                    i'd like to kick that cunt in the teeth

This. Right after the falcon punch that puts her teeth on a better level with my foot.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      Just ONE instance of a republican or conservative doing something similar. Just ONE. Please.
                      Mike, in no way was I implying that a republican has altered the flag. But there are far to many examples to list of BOTH parties fighting in ways that are counter to what is best for America. Zero compromise on issues that don't somehow line their own wallets. And it doesn't matter what side they say they're on....money is ALL that matters. I'm just sick of it all....and disgusted at the choices we have year after year.

Comment

Working...
                      X